Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Is that a wolverine?

e: no it's a polar bear haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

The Mentalizer posted:

Holy poo poo, this guy was too crazy for Aleister loving Crowley. I guess that's badass in its own weird way.

The Dollop did an episode on this guy.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/jack-parson

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Nordick posted:

This guy is called Sajad Gharibi, a.k.a The Iranian Hulk.

Dude looks pretty loving imposing.

http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/iranian-hulk-2016-6

Looks like one of those synthol guys, but I'm no expert.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Has anybody ever gone mad and off-script wrecked somebody in wrestling?

There have been times where one wrestler doesn't like what another is doing e.g. disrespecting older wrestlers, being unsafe, being a bad performer, and will start beating them up for real, or at least be a little stiffer with the normally fake punches. The intent is not to injure them, (that's a big no no) but to let them know they're bad at wrestling.

I don't know if it the most famous, but one example that springs to mind is the time The Acolytes beat the poo poo out of Public Enemy on TV. Public Enemy were a tag team that had been around a while, but were new to WWE at the time. The story as i understand it is they were set to have a match *and lose* against The Acolytes, another tag team of two rear end kickers who had been around a lot longer, Ron Simmons and John Bradshaw. Well, right before the match, like literally moments before they were supposed to go out to the ring, Public Enemy told the Acolytes they were changing the ending of the match and were going to win. No discussion, just lose to us, okay? This was indeed very rude and made Ron and John angry. Then this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFLuGQrC48M

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Aramoro posted:

The video makes it look pretty terrifying, especially the slowing down. I like that they put brakes on the bike, just in case.

Just in case they wanted to vaporize some bicycle brakes. I'd love to know more about how the bike was constructed.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

What am I missing here?

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

HAmbONE posted:

Picture is from an old trip to a zoo in Palm Springs. Guessing African Wild Dog?

Well I'll be hosed. I was watching Nosferatu a couple weeks ago, and there's a short scene involving an animal I didn't recognize at all. Some weird looking European wolf I thought. I come to find out, thanks to this thread, it was a striped hyena. Cool.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

That's one hell of a bidet

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Obviously this is a devious Russian plot to get our brave American soldiers to grievously injure themselves by trying to recreate this strange trick. it will probably work

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I had a friend that started playing guitar at a very young age. He was an utter virtuoso. It was just this innate natural talent he had that he could never really explain. He got burned out and quit playing guitar in his early twenties. It just got boring for him and his passion for it disappeared. He still owns several expensive guitars but they're just an investment collecting dust these days. Hopefully this kid doesn't go through that, because watching a talent like that go to waste is extremely sad.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I'm kinda surprised no one's cross posted this yet

AzureSkys posted:

Here's something a bit brighter in the aeronautical insanity category.

Techno laser plane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=valQZEMJBEg

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I remember a couple years ago hearing about his heart condition, thinking he was gonna slow down maybe. Nope, the man is unstoppable. He's amazing.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

The Great Big Goatse In The Sky

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Maybe scuba diving as a full time job/hobby gets you used to stumbling around in an actively hostile environment, where you can't see more than 100 feet in any direction, and where enormous animals can just silently appear above you.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Donnie Yen is the man

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

The numbers at the end said it was going about 450 mph. I don't speak German so don't know if any of those numbers were measuring what kind of Gs it was pulling.

oh dope has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Jul 27, 2019

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Not yet

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Are we doing this?

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Hm, this seems familiar. Wait a moment...

Am I witnessing a Rymyrgand reference or am I going crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

The video is upside down