Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Lemon posted:

This is Phineas Gage

The object he is holding is an iron rod three feet seven inches (1.1 m) long that was was driven completely through his head in a rock-blasting accident.

...if you know what I mean. ;)

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Pardon me gents while I go for a spin on my TANK BIKE

"Well alright, I suppose this is worth a look."

~Dudes in the Background

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Dingleberry Jones posted:

The craziest/saddest videos linked to those nuclear bomb videos are the ones that show, in the immediate aftermath of the nuclear tests, soldiers and workers inspecting things wearing only shorts and boots. I'm guessing no one knew exactly how dangerous it was to be doing that without protective gear, but still. :(

Plenty of people knew how dangerous it was. Those people just happened to be 12 or so ranks higher than anyone that would ever use a shovel.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't a common belief back then that covering you mouth and eyes and not exposing skin was enough to stop radiation? Not by scientists obviously, but by regular people?

Wearing a dust mask and taping your clothes shut would do about as good against straight fallout, at least short short-term, as a modern gas mask/NBC suit. One way or another you'll probably end up either with cancer or looking like this:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Oil well fire extinguisher:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

That is one badass wedding ceremony.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

No Smoking

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Bip Roberts posted:

Gurkhas are regular humans.

WHAT?!?! My monocle just flew off so hard my eyeball popped out of socket! Let me fix that real quick...

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
big gif: http://i.imgur.com/KuayNFt.gifv

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

14 INCH DICK posted:

I just can't shake the feeling that that is the same facial expression Lois Slotin made moments after finishing the assembly of Trinity.

"My God, it's full of turbos!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Grey Fox posted:

Palestinian lawyer doesn't give a gently caress about your tear gas

Ha, he missed the grenade. What a dope.