Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ultrafilter posted:

Zydrunas Savickas deadlift 1155 at this year's Arnold Classic:

The best part of this is in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBFTB7Xjk3U

Savickas hauls it up and then gives a couple little nods to the crowd, like "yep, I did it".

Like it's no big deal.

Speaking of badass lifters, here's Nazik Avdalyan, the independent Republic of Armenia's first gold medalist at the WCW, and the first Armenian woman to win a gold medal in any sport:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQXVWlVgO3I

She does a 147kg (324lbs) clean and jerk, then backflips and lands in a front split after dropping the bar.

She was nineteen years old at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ultrafilter posted:

Quoting from the powerlifting thread:

Goddamn. :stare:

Note that Konstantin Konstantinovs no longer holds the deadlift world record, which is now 460kg (1015 lbs), held by Benedikt "Benni" Magnusson of Iceland:

Raw. No straps. And in the video he puts it down gently. As gently as one can put down half a loving ton of steel.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A heart that is physically larger but still normally proportioned might work, but hypertrophic muscle (i.e. what you get with a myostatin issue) would mean less room in the heart for blood, and consequently less being pumped out to the body.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I've heard stories of Sinatra refusing to perform at clubs that didn't allow black people, too.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

TontoCorazon posted:

Except for me, I'm basically perfect

more like perfectly basic

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Say Nothing posted:

Rene Magritte museum.

This is loving with my brain.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

First, do harm.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jeremy_X posted:

I keep hearing the nanananana noise from the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman

You should get that checked out.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

For the non-Australians among us, what is Border Force? Is it a Nazi hate group or the Australian version of ICE? What are paper bag checks?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Zopotantor posted:

Don’t call people oval office, you twat.

Don't call people twat, dick.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It's not a tombstone, it's a monument. "Near this spot" is where he hosed up some British soldiers.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

a hero

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

By popular demand posted:

These motherfucking homicidal losers every loving time.
:preacher:

dumb ugly losers are easily radicalized because hate groups give them both a community and an external target to blame for their failure of a life

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That picture could be a death metal album cover.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Seriously though. Extremely big progressive experimental death metal band with a flautist and a hurdy gurdy player energy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"Gimme your phone!"

"No, no, I don't think I will."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Xu Xiaodong is a loving badass, holy poo poo. I remember seeing that first video some time ago, but I had no idea that beating the hell out of charlatans was his whole thing.