Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

I knew his dad was a hitman but I didn't imagine this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Thanks I actually thought it was a little esoteric.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
That last one the Maldives?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Say Nothing posted:

Yeah, but the other two are.

I see one for sure, and I think I see two, where is three? By one?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

im pooping! posted:

well the diver in that picture is more bad rear end than ill ever be

Would you be pooping

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

syscall girl posted:

Seanbaby was a treasure of the web 1.0

Also, iirc the guy Uwe Boll didn't have the balls to gently caress with.

Beat up Lowtax and then loving duck out when a funny man who actually knows how to fight challenges you.

Talentless German coward.

Don't sign your posts.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bip Roberts posted:

No, Harriers actually fall out of the sky all the time and they basically fixed the Osprey's crashing problems. The difference is there's one person in a Harrier and they can eject. An Osprey is chocked full of delicious marines to charbroil.

Delicious marines? What are you, a gay guy at fleet week?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

JoelJoel posted:

Mikael Granlund Lacrosse-Style Goal at the Hockey World Championships about 5 years ago.

For something a bit more recent, here's Tomas Hertl scoring between his legs.

It was his fourth of the night and he was 19 at the time

poo poo like this makes me wish this was a more popular locale for hockey.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

starkebn posted:

it must be as trippy to hold that as it is to look at the blacker-than-black material

What?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Nevermind I found it. That's pretty cool.

News article posted:

If it was used to make one of Chanel's little black dresses, the wearer's head and limbs might appear to float incorporeally around a dress-shaped hole.

Wanta venture bros character called phantom torso now

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Grey Fox posted:

Palestinian lawyer doesn't give a gently caress about your tear gas

These WWE novelty matches are getting a little esoteric don't you think.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

It was a Schmidt & Bender MILITARY MKII 5-25×56 scope, which at maximum magnification (25x) would look like this:

He also would have had a spotter (with an even more powerful optic) working with him to dial in his shots, gradually adjusting each time until he could make the kill shots.

Would the targets not here the report at all or would they just hear it and not be able to tell where it is coming from?

Pharnakes posted:

Did the Iowas in the 80s still use the mechanical fire computers they were built with? Surely not.

I vaguely remember this from the mil history thread but I'm pretty sure they still did. I think the reasoning was that the real advantage of converting to digital wouldn't be the accuracy but that it would be more easily integrated into the ships other systems or some such poo poo and that the costs involved wouldn't be worth it.

Frostwerks has a new favorite as of 02:01 on Nov 5, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The bullet is supersonic. It gets there before the bang.
Edit: I either misread or caught you mid edit. v:buddy:v

Google suggests yes, they did at least one upgrade. In particular, the AA guns couldn't handle the speed of modern jets.

Oh, I thought you meant the 16 inchers. As for CWIS poo poo I'm surprised they didn't just upgun it with bunches of phalanxes, oerlikons, sea sparrows, etc.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

canyoneer posted:

I remember hearing some absurd statistic like 70%+ of the world's population lives within reach of US Navy guns.

The real stat there is that most of the world's population is concentrated to within a couple dozen miles of the ocean, but it's scarier to say it the first way.

Was it just guns? And are we including the range of aircraft? What about rivers? Want to drive up the rhine and shell the uppity swiss in their mountain fortress or go to amazonas and teach the people of manaus not to gently caress with the greatest navy a runaway military budget can buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pook Good Mook posted:

It gets even more complicated if we include sub-based nukes.

True. Honestly, I personally didn't because I don't know if any place on land could even go untouched.