Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Mustang posted:

Dude received enough injuries to kill like 10 people yet somehow he didn't die. People often comment on how he looks fat for a Special Forces soldier. That picture was taken in 1981 after he had already left the army and had been in and out of hospitals for years to fix all those injuries he received on May 2, 1968.

When I was in service I had this fat guy in my company. Everybody made fun of him, even the staff until we got to the obstacle course for the first time and everybody saw him tore through it like it was nothing, on first try, wearing full combat kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

in short he is using a bow that would do nothing to anyone back in the day. its one thing to do what he is doing with a light bow as opposed to one with a 100lb or more draw weight and war arrows.

Horsebows were actually more lighter in draw than yeomen warbows used in England u uneducated swine, it was not about penetration, it was about massed volleys of sharp sticks flying towards you. If you re-watch the Andersson-clip you'd notice that most of the stuff he recites is from cultures that relied on and therefore refined the term "mounted archery"

Also the subject was ancient archery and not "a form of archery that lasted about a century or two before replaced by firearms"

Nebelwerfer has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Feb 19, 2015

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

In the vein of earlier Blackbird discussion, I need to post these cool hires photos. Thinking about framing either one

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Rabhadh posted:

Because as a sport it's actually really boring to watch more than once

You could say that about all ball sports then

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

Ugh, don't talk to me about sports.

shut up nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

AKA Pseudonym posted:

t's a color picture.

watching these while listening to Celtic Frost's Monotheist drunk is pretty loving awesome