Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't a common belief back then that covering you mouth and eyes and not exposing skin was enough to stop radiation? Not by scientists obviously, but by regular people?
I saw a documentation once about how old films taught how to react to a nuclear bomb. The slogan was "If you see the flash: duck and cover!". Under your table at school or next to a curbstone. So yeah, there sure was a time when no one knew how to react (not that you could in a useful way).

Fake edit: Hey, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60

Real edit: After reading the wiki entry for the movie, covering yourself with a piece of paper could really help with burns from the blast. So i guess you could live a day longer if you did it.

RabbitWizard has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Sep 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Those wheels are still turning on the outside, right? Then it comes with a free back scratcher at least.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Cats don't play with mice. Cats try to make mice tired so they don't get bitten by the them.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2oh1zU0t_U

(The (badass) mouse got to live, because my cat was way under-leveled to deal with that one)

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

JoelJoel posted:

Nice special needs cat.

Don't project your poo poo on my (awesome) cat! It is one of the least killed-by-a-car-cats I ever had!