Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

G'drat, space and everything we do it in it so loving :black101:

Above: Austronaut Bruce McCandless tests his space suit's human poop capacity.

"Eat up, Jimmy. Oh, and there's this chocolate milk too."

"Chocolate milk? I didn't know we had chocolate milk."

"Yeah, or would you rather have strawberry? Just have it all and go on this spacewalk for us, okay?"

"What do you want me to do out there?"

"Oh, you know, whatever comes naturally."

Yeah, space stuff is genuinely the most badass poo poo us humans do.

The only human not in this picture, including those that have ever lived, is Michael Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

"Give me a moment to pop my dislocated shoulder back in place..."

I'm sitting here with my arm in a sling because I dislocated my shoulder a week ago, and goddamn, maybe mine was pretty bad but I still can't imagine popping it back in myself, let alone continue fighting afterwards.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Pookah posted:

:stonk: I feel claustrophobic just from watching that.

I can tell you from experience that flying loving sucks when you're that tall, and I'm a skinny motherfucker. Even short 2 hour flights would ruin my back/legs.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Now that's the kind of cyberpunk future poo poo I was looking forward to as a kid.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

central dogma posted:

Also, I'd like to introduce everyone to a nice microbiology channel called Journey to the Microcosmos. No biology background necessary. The microscopy is pretty cool and the narrator's voice is great for sleepy time. This video keeps up with the death/void trend of the last few pages.

It seems to be a fairly popular channel, so sorry if it's been mentioned before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRmbWj2ZITM

Wow, Hank Green sounds really pleasant when he's talking in a slower tempo rather than that superfast speech he does for his sci show and crash course videos. (Not that I hate those, btw, it's just surprising.)

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I haven't seen anything about the Dutch being mad at all that she won? All I've seen is a bit of disappointment that they got second place and irritation about the lack of communication tools or something? Other than that there's just a bit of schadefreude about the second place winner thinking she won as she got over finish line and a lot of recognition of the winner's achievement.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

owl_pellet posted:

I would like to get slow sucked by the mega moon passing by every day

That reminds me, tell your mom I said hi. :v:

Taeke has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Jul 10, 2022

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

Probably not, you can only see about 5km on earth before the curvature gets you, and mars is even smaller

e: yep "Similarly, an observer near the summit would be unaware of standing on a very high mountain, as the slope of the volcano would extend far beyond the horizon, a mere 3 kilometers away.[20]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Mons

here, if youre standing in the middle of the two red lines, those are your horizon

NdGT is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

All 9 of 'em?