Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Is this from some sci-fi game or an actual Russian prototype tank design?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Clinton1011 posted:

I saw them as some kind of ice breaker/plow.

Yeah, this. And Russia has had some even crazier tank prototype tanks than that picture, hence the question.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
The FCM F1 French tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCM_F1

With tanks it's amusing how often the lines between badass and dumbass cross over.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Pneub posted:

Oil well fire extinguisher:

Is that a literal tank chassis that's mounted on?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Tbh the dude narrating doesn't sound 100% serious to me and to me felt more like a way of spicing up the video of trickshots but I might be wrong though. It might just be his exaggerated attemt at hiding his danish accent which still shines through.

That's what caught me up initially. It felt like it was gonna be a parody video or something just by the tone of the narration and seeing him gently caress around in the forest and knock the arrows out of his quiver.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I like how the camera man and the guy to the left don't even flinch.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

It feels like there should be a full set of pictures of this guy. Does anyone have any more?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Verisimilidude posted:

Speaking of old dudes doing awesome poo poo, here's a kendo match between a 93 year old and a 102 year old.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=qbLpfxbHyJE

From a while back but can we appreciate the fact that the 93 year old fellow starts on one knee and gets up in one fluid motion? I know people half that age who can get from kneeling to standing a quarter as fast.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
While not directly badass I want to put it here to remember Old and New Chekov.

I mean. From everything I've ever heard Koenig kinda hated being typecast because of Trek but he was cool enough to be around with Yelchin.
What a horrible way to go for Yelchin, seriously.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Forgot the context but isn't it their jobs 24/7 to protect the elephants from poachers? Violently if need be too.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Jedit posted:

Why is it less badass to do something badass for a living?

I never said otherwise. Do what you love and even better if it improves the world.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Say Nothing posted:

Edit: Eddie Hall was 3rd. Here he is training with a pair of 100kg/220lb dumbells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAVMbA1l4g

That man has earned the right to have tattoos that read THE BEAST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I've seen that gif/video so many times now and I swear one of these times I'm gonna see the dog get hit :ohdear: It never gets any less harrowing.