Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That one guy appears to be wearing medieval armor. The Russian Civil War was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Two Finger posted:

I think this adds a little something:

I'm actually more surprised that the Germans didn't just shoot him as soon as they got their hands on him. Incredible restraint by their standards.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

e: you know what, never mind.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Jun 29, 2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Isn't Queensland the redneck state of Australia? That's basically the best thing that's happened to him so far.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cecil was probably a mass antelope murderer, so it was karma when you think about it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yes, but again, the Internet has you covered no matter what you want to see. The competition's less stiff when it comes to writing extensive interest pieces.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

François the Nibbler was the little-known Parisian counterpart to Jack the Ripper.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thump! posted:

:stare:

That's cold as loving ice!

All I can say, that 'badass' is lucky not to have been on the Eastern front, the Germans wouldn't have politely waited for him to stop laughing before unceremoniously shooting him in the head.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

HawkHill posted:

Just a reminder that that photo has been color corrected to make it look like what you'd see if Mars had Earth's atmosphere.

What, why would they do that? Where can we see the actual picture?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I ain't scared of no orca.

Can they do this?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's time these self-proclaimed killer whales got a taste of their own medicine.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lmao at that one loser ostentatiously looking away instead of at the cool rollerblade moves

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Former DILF posted:

turn on your monitor

Hahaha

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

When fireworks factories explode, it usually doesn't end well.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

That's ok, I bet she does too.

Haha

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Scathach posted:

Cute but still badass because it's still a hyena.

I need this mohawked punk hyena for my private zoo

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm not cool to begin with

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kill your idols, I used to think Dave Grohl was alright and then I found out he was into some weird AIDS denial bullshit

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

By popular demand posted:

You can always embrace G.G.Allin, but you shouldn't. you don't wanna know where hes been.

His Jabbers album is incredible, everything else is terrible (I know it's on purpose)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

As someone who plays both but is predominately a bassist, they have a really different learning curve. Guitar is harder to start with because of trying to manipulate 6 relatively thin strings and performing chords, but once you've got the basics down it's not very difficult to continue and it mostly becomes a matter of memorizing more chords.

Bass is easy to begin with because a lot of bands don't require the bassist to play more than 4 or 5 notes at best in a song and they can get by in a punk band with virtually no effort because of how everything is mixed (hence the "bassists are stupid" jokes), but it's harder to excel because the thick strings, higher pressure on the strings needed to sound clear, and large distances between strings and frets compared to a guitar make it harder to play quickly or make a chord sound right. There's good reason bassists rarely play chords, and it's because they almost always sound terrible until you get really good at it. Shredding on a bass is an incredible feat, whereas you can throw a rock in a music store and hit someone who can play a loud guitar solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPAqEQ1_ctQ

Yeah...I just started playing the bass myself. Playing a particular note is easy. Not playing any other notes at the same time is hard and requires you to do ungodly things with your fingers and possibly other appendages.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nah, and they very rarely do. I wish they'd stop superimposing it on poo poo it doesn't work for.

e: that was odd

The forums really seem to be acting up right now

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I know he was a bad man but no one deserves that

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm never quite sure if we're supposed to be agreeing with Everett True

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Even the other cat is all wtf

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I didn't realize what thread I was in and was getting ready for something hosed up, but it turned out to be one of the best possible reasons you could have

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Uhh is someone going to tell these idiots you can't actually see a black hole. Source: regular Wikipedia browser and have read several pop science astronomy books. Better luck with your next hoax, 'Astrophysical Journal Letters'.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Don't remember the details but I think that means we'd be able to see your dick until the end of time. Of course we'd need a powerful telescope but that's already the case :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Want to eat the first stage and pet the last stage

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

verbal enema posted:

To quote a philosopher

[Violent J]
Mr. Newgleson, they buried him with a watch
And it's worth about 300 bucks, give me a shovel
I say gently caress the dead I mean they loving dead, gently caress them
Wearing watches and gold nugget rings
And I ain't suppose to pluck them?
I don't just leave them there, I take the whole loving body
And squeeze and play with they appendix like it's silly putty
I'm up for all kind of hours all off in your grave
And to this wicked poo poo I am a slave
But I like this

This is the first time I've heard anyone rap about the specific crime of grave robbing, but then I've never heard a rapper wonder about magnetism before either, Godspeed Violent J

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shout out to the Moon, the best natural satellite in the entire solar system.

Keep up the good work :waycool:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

I once saw a documentary that showed an orca torturing ("playing with," the doco called it) a seal pup for over an hour before it eventually got bored and killed it. Didn't even eat it afterwards.
"Rad" is really not the word I'd use.

Quite a few humans still like to hunt even though it's not necessary at all, and prey doesn't really care whether or not it gets eaten afterwards.

Although it's true that you never claimed homo sapiens was rad

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Scathach posted:

And even with a woman riding him half the time!

Wish my monitor was turned off

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Not sure I understand the worm sex thing

1. Sex organs detach
2. Sex organs have sex
3. ???

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

3. Worm has achieved its biological objective of reproducing.
4. Whether it regrows its sex organs, and repeats, or just lives the rest of its life as a happy Asexual worm is not particularly important because 3.

That's what I figured, it doesn't really matter what happens as long as the eggs get fertilized. In the end, it's not that different from a lot of other ocean species who love to spray sperm or eggs everywhere with reckless abandon.

I've tried this reproductive strat in real life but it just gets me arrested or banned from places

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I almost never listen to the radio, but when I do and it's a good song I always get annoyed because they inevitably start talking before the song is over. The outro is really important for a lot of songs, just shut up for five more seconds. I'm not really familiar with B.B. King but agreed that the club owner is a little bitch.

Which thread is this again, whatever it's PYF, let's all shout into the void

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Your cousins are shitheads, but I guess since they own a trike it's not a surprise

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drat, what a bro. I assume this is one of the cool chimps and not the kind that will eat your face (just like some humans are assholes).

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I briefly thought Alrosa was the name of a guy who was widely recognized as being Russia's #1 miner for his mining skills

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I hate glam rock but that is cool as gently caress

Helps that Detroit Rock City is a pretty good song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't know if it's the low frame rate but I am mesmerized by that gif