Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PCPZ1JUV9M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Also this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GC34H2GDY8&t=169s

#HockeyTalk #DipsyDoodle

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Say Nothing posted:

For this contest he hired pro bodybuilder and powerlifting record holder Stan 'The Rhino' Efferding for diet and nutrition advice.

This guy.

I think he was a good choice, he also worked with 2nd place finisher Brian Shaw.

I hope he went to someone else for tanning advice.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Snowy posted:

In 9th grade we were called to a schoolwide assembly in the big amphitheater for a movie about recycling and energy conservation or something like that. A really boring movie that felt like it was from the 50s started playing on a huge screen. Everyone was immediately bored out of their minds until the screen split in the middle and smoke machines, strobe lights and lasers started going off. The screen opened up to reveal a rock band who did a full set of songs about nuclear energy and conservation or something like that, it’s been a long time.

Kind of badass for an assembly and one of the weirder things that happened at school.

Once a year in Australia, primary school children get locked inside a window-less van with a giraffe puppet you teaches them about drugs and cyberbullying.

It's pretty much the highlight of the school year.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Now post the gif where there all reemerge.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Croatoan posted:

I'm the one that wasn't paying attention and at the end is all "guuuyyysss, I thought it was on a count of THREE"

"I thought you meant one-two-three-go, not one-two-go !"

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pfft, big deal. I had a 2002 Toyota Camry that did 200k miles in its life.

Did it take a break to raise its young, or do it on the fly ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Does anyone have that version of the picture with the Fibonacci spiral over it ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Bogus Adventure posted:

Cuttlefish, like all cephalopods, rule.

I've always known that they change colours, and patterns, etc., but I only found out last night that they can change the texture of their skin to give themselves spikes and bumps and stuff.

Entirely related note for anyone in Australian: the first episode of the Barry Humphries-narrated doco Magical Land of Oz (Ocean) on ABC iview is really worth the watch !

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

On the one hand: excellent shot. On the other hand: little white boy with dreads.

e: You know what they say about assumptions.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 12:46 on Feb 26, 2019

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Aramoro posted:

Azae Bonnick isn't white?

I stand corrected.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The zoom on a Nikon P900

That's both amazing and slightly frightening.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

My brain cannot parse wtf is going on with his leg(s ?).

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

CzarChasm posted:

He's kneeling, and his back knee is almost in a straight line with his planted foot. It looks weird because his foot is pointed out, he's wearing baggy clothes, and his hips are kind of at an angle compared to his torso.

Oh, he's kneeling ! Merde.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Slash couldn't be that good if he practiced for a100 years.

He has a better hat, though, so swings and roundabouts.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Thank god for that Arvin fellow.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Cable Guy posted:

The other was a Red Heeler called Sparkle and is up there as one of the most awesome dogs it's been my pleasure to know.

Every heeler I've known has fallen into the "really chill until they're not" category.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

jobson groeth posted:

All good friend.

In this context, when you say "friend," do you mean "mate" or "oval office" ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Ripper

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

ekuNNN posted:

I just found out about the badass Bagworm Moth caterpillar who builds a tiny log cabin to live in :aaa:

This is kickin' rad. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I never miss an opportunity to introduce people to my favourite weird animal, the Jewel Caterpillar.
It starts life as some sort of gummy sweet:

Pupates in a net of spun sugar:

Then grows into a Lorax:

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Phlegmish posted:

Want to eat the first stage and pet the last stage

Same. I'd try a taste of the middle stage too; it looks like some sort of nouvelle cuisine hors d'oeuvre.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I thought this was the Schadenfreude thread, and couldn't imagine how this could possibly end in a way that wasn't just pure horror.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF44YvDVP8Y

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Is Maisie Williams the one who learnt all the sword fighting with her non-dominant hand, because the character in the book is left handed (and the kind of neck beard that enjoys game of thrones a little too much would've hounded her relentlessly for getting it wrong, even though she was a child when the show started) ?

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 23:16 on May 1, 2019

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Can someone explain the coins ? Where are they from and where were they found ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The picture is clickable to an article.

Thank you.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

tangy yet delightful posted:

Death by orca would be loving rad though. You'd probably get posted in this thread.

I once saw a documentary that showed an orca torturing ("playing with," the doco called it) a seal pup for over an hour before it eventually got bored and killed it. Didn't even eat it afterwards.
"Rad" is really not the word I'd use.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Roblo posted:

Given they don't have the sense of morality that we have, then "playing with" is fine. Why would they give a poo poo about their food anyway?

Also that was an old BBC documentary, a David Attenborough one. They're pretty good at being impassionate about nature like that.

Kid me did find the seal pup being batted back and forward by Orcas as it slowly disintegrated somewhat upsetting though, I'll give you that.

I get that nature is cruel and indifferent. But I was inferring what would happen if a human were to be killed by an orca in the wild, so I think from a human perspective, "torture" is an appropriate term.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Cythereal posted:

Incidentally, seals have killed one person. IIRC it was a researcher in the Antarctic scuba diving, and a seal playing with her ripped off all her scuba gear. She drowned. :v:

It was a leopard seal (which are terrifying predators). She was snorkelling, and it pulled her underwater.

Phlegmish posted:

Quite a few humans still like to hunt even though it's not necessary at all, and prey doesn't really care whether or not it gets eaten afterwards.

Although it's true that you never claimed homo sapiens was rad

Humans are the actual worst; I don't think anyone would contest that.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Wait, have I just inadvertently learnt what a cow's orgasm face looks like ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Phlegmish posted:

Not sure I understand the worm sex thing

1. Sex organs detach
2. Sex organs have sex
3. ???

3. Worm has achieved its biological objective of reproducing.
4. Whether it regrows its sex organs, and repeats, or just lives the rest of its life as a happy Asexual worm is not particularly important because 3.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I was assuming some sort of lock-out law ?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

oh holy gently caress

thank you so much

Agreed.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Richard Bong posted:

My friend took a turn too hard and it rolled and put the shifter pedal into her calf. Like just right in there. It created a new cavity in her body. Those abominations should only be ridden by its creators and marketers as punishment.

My brother did this through his abdomen with the handle of a bicycle, after the rubber grip had come off, so it was just a metal cylinder. When he pulled the handle out (or rather, lifted his body off the handle), the plug of human flesh was still inside the tube; it had taken a perfect circle out of him like a cookie cutter.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I think I know your brother. Are you from Cleveland?

Then again it’s probably somewhat common.

Nope, Australia.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Inspector 34 posted:

IMO for that to be bad rear end we need to see that it's a rare skill exhibited by very few other birds. Otherwise it's just something birds can do.

Backflips wouldn't be cool if we could all do them, we need to see all the gifs of people absolutely failing at them in order to understand how difficult it is for the lay person.

What I'm saying is, show me some videos of birds boofing it into various objects.

I disagree. Even if all birds can do it, imo, it's still badass that evolution has thrown this out as part of its standard model.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Dick Trauma posted:

Crowd of about 2M protestors parts like the Red Sea to let an ambulance through.

Glorious.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Pookah posted:

I bet he's using them to build a badass brick shithouse :unsmith:

:discourse:

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Is that Jason Statham, or a looky-likey ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
We get a lot of black cockatoos here, and the occasional sulphur-crested. They usually don't hang around long enough to gently caress poo poo up, though, so I enjoy seeing them. But yeah, holy hell are they loud !