Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Mustang posted:

that seems like a lot of potentially dead or critically injured people if somebody wrecks or loses control. I definitely wouldn't be standing on the side of the road like that.

I don't think it's as bad as it used to be, but a golden rule is that rally spectators are loving suicidal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Polaron posted:

It's not a photo, but my favorite SR-71 story comes from the book Sled Driver by former Blackbird pilot Brian Shul. Good luck finding a copy for less than $700 these days.

Apologies for the long quote, but it's completely worth it.

The Lightning was interesting because all of its considerable armament was in the nose, which caused it to "saw" enemy planes to pieces. :black101:

Both the American ace of aces and our number 2 ace flew Lightnings, and it was the plane that killed Yamamoto.

I must have run across this story a dozen times in various places on there 'ol internets, but every time I stop to read it again. Such a great story...

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
For some reason I get a big kick out of the fact they just crossed "dog" off the award and added "cat" above it.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003

starkebn posted:

the kid is digging it

As far as "scarred for life" goes, this one is up with those lightning strike scars. This kid's going to be the most baddass in the 3rd grade.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003

Pharnakes posted:

The thing that impresses me isn't so much the size of the ship, as that they are building it indoors.

I had the same thought. "gently caress the boat, look at the size of that room."

Useless
Sep 13, 2003

Batter: "Did you catch that??"

Pitcher: *Guffaws*

Batter: "Awww..."

Still one of my favourite gifs ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useless
Sep 13, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Plane go down then up

If what I've heard about bush pilots is true, this was a walk in the park for him.