Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

very little different from the 13th century
so badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

I have my own opinion on why, but I wish to ask you and the others.

What about doing an act like this and keeping silent about it is, in your opinion, endearing?

Trust me, I agree with you. I just want to read your words.

Atonement.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Ozz81 posted:

Fake or not, that's pretty drat impressive - takes plenty of skill and practice not to die doing a staged stunt

lol its photoshopped dude

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Hate to ruin the fun, but that is from a commercial. Evan Longoria is not Spiderman:

http://www.businessinsider.com/watch-evan-longoria-save-a-reporters-life-but-not-really-2011-5

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

holy gently caress
i want to ride it
but ill get in trouble
damnit

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Excellent.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There were a few odd starts and evolutionary dead ends with sharks along the way, the helicoprion (whorl toothed shark) is probably the best example of evolution having a crack at sharks and not quite getting it right

We pretty much only have their teeth left in the fossil record because shark bones are cartilaginous and don't fossilize well so we've pretty much had to guess what they look like, they've been confusing palaeontologists for a while

Given the lack of source material to work with, the 'proven' track record of biologists and paleontologists, and the understanding of how modern sharks all have pretty much this exact same poo poo neatly wrapped into their jaw, I'm gonna go ahead and say this one's probably not right.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Lady Disdain posted:

Would robot limbs be subject to Asimov's laws ?

No! Your laws! That's literally the best part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004