Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.

- Shigeru Miyamoto

wisdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Nintendo is the only company who actually cares about games.

Truthbomb.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

ForeverSmug posted:

Nintendo is the only company who actually cares about games.

Truthbomb.

If only they would start caring about more than the same three games over and over.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
when the game cube came out, nintendo was like "lets make something different" so they made pikmin and it ruled. they should do that again

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

yeah but pikmen sold like three copies.

all people did was bitch about how nintento just makes games for babies and should stop making consoles and instead publish their games on (insert person's console of choice) because its not like they want to play nintendo's games or anything, b...baka.

basically people want to play nintento games but are too afraid of buying a nintendo console because "thats not what people like me do"

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

they should focus less on trying to salvage the Wii U and just pile everything into the 3ds since that's where all the money is at now anyway and they have little to no competition in that market.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Scyther posted:

If only they would start caring about more than the same three games over and over.

those three games happen to all rule compared to every other garbage franchise, bitch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No Such Thing posted:

they should focus less on trying to salvage the Wii U and just pile everything into the 3ds since that's where all the money is at now anyway and they have little to no competition in that market.

if the smart phones allowed controller support and you could put a stretch skin cover over the phone with controler buttons on it that plugs right into the phone and also houses a usb/cartridge slot or whatever it would be pretty cool and gently caress nintendo pretty hard.

it's like phone companies are all up their own asses trying to follow apple and have zero buttons on the loving phones while also trying to make money selling game apps.

probably not the only thing keeping nintendo on top right now but definitely a factor. touch screen dpads and primary buttons suck and have always been a bad idea.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Real hurthling! posted:

if the smart phones allowed controller support and you could put a stretch skin cover over the phone with controler buttons on it that plugs right into the phone and also houses a usb/cartridge slot or whatever it would be pretty cool and gently caress nintendo pretty hard.

it's like phone companies are all up their own asses trying to follow apple and have zero buttons on the loving phones while also trying to make money selling game apps.

probably not the only thing keeping nintendo on top right now but definitely a factor. touch screen dpads and primary buttons suck and have always been a bad idea.

shut up lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNDd90rDXi4

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

smart phones already have controller support you retard but no one buys those snap on things because #1 they're gay and #2 your a fag Lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Borsche69 posted:

smart phones already have controller support you retard but no one buys those snap on things because #1 they're gay and #2 your a fag Lol

true on all counts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu9oxuVMdnk

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

are you retarded?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If I was in charge of Nintendo, things would be different around here.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

if phones had controller support nobody would still use it because its an external peripheral and even then every game would integrate it differently so you'd still end up with a stupid clusterfuck of ways to control games

but then being a stupid clusterfuck is exactly the point of mobile games i guess

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
was that wind waker remake any good?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632104&userid=160244

Dec 26, 2012

give me your names

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

was that wind waker remake any good?

Wind Waker was good, so yes

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

the statue is nintendo and i am the tachikoma shooting down all nintendo detractors

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

the statue is nintendo and i am the tachikoma shooting down all nintendo detractors

thank you

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Famous TV Dad posted:

awesome

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Famous TV Dad posted:

you have my sword

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Famous TV Dad posted:

i'm one of the pillars

steadfast, stoic

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just googled it and Nintendo? Surprisingly FTW.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Nintendo is good.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

my stance on Nintendo is to literally stand on their products and prevent people from playing them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo is good at biznezz.

2ds is already going down to 99 bucks. gonna be wading through knee deep drifts of them by christmas.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

my stance on Nintendo is to literally stand on their products and prevent people from playing them

what about the wii balance board when you stand on that you are playing a Nintendo video game!!!!!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I refuse to recognize Wiisports as a videogame, or even as a good piece of software
The same also applies to Animal Crossing in any form, btw

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

woops I bought a wii u

guess I'm all bluster

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

I refuse to recognize Wiisports as a videogame, or even as a good piece of software
The same also applies to Animal Crossing in any form, btw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

No Such Thing posted:

woops I bought a wii u

guess I'm all bluster

whats games you got, you probably shoulda waited for the mario kart bundle

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

whats games you got, you probably shoulda waited for the mario kart bundle

yea that's what I got

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does the new Mario kart have a gimmick like double dash or is it more like the ds game?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

If Mario Kart 8 has a way to prompt Bowser to say "friend of the family" during races I will buy a WiiU today.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If Mario Kart 8 has a way to prompt Bowser to say "friend of the family" during races I will buy a WiiU today.

you can play as bowser and theres voice chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Does the new Mario kart have a gimmick like double dash or is it more like the ds game?

it's got antigravity crap

• Locked thread