Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
It's pointless to make multiple threads for a game that hasn't even been released yet.

Can we move on to a different needlessly rehashed topic please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Doublestep posted:

WHICH IS WHAT I'VE DONE

But no one reads the OP because they're all a bunch of goons

The OP just says NA goons are Dom/Pergo and EU are whatever. There's a large group of people going Exile/PVE that are not represented by that.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

The Chairman posted:

Please glance harder, maybe

ok!

quote:

Exiles (and for people playing dominion elsewhere)

oh hot drat! one subforum named general! i guess people could go through the auth system to see threads about other guilds on other servers under a seperate subforum located there, or the people who want to play elsewhere don't want to subject other people to that and maybe have a different idea?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Jfizzoid posted:

The OP just says NA goons are Dom/Pergo and EU are whatever. There's a large group of people going Exile/PVE that are not represented by that.

Nobody else has hashed out any definite plans about where they're going. Once there's more information about who's leading what groups to what servers, I'm sure the OP will get updated.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

The Chairman posted:

Nobody else has hashed out any definite plans about where they're going. Once there's more information about who's leading what groups to what servers, I'm sure the OP will get updated.

probably because when anyone says anything that isn't "Pergo Dominion" the thread spirals into poll chaos and ad hominum about people wanting to make their own decisions

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Jfizzoid posted:

Read harder, you loving goon.

Doublestep posted:

NA Exiles
SERVER IS STILL GETTING FIGURED OUT

NA Dominion
Bad Rats - Dominion - Pergo (PvP)

EU Dominion
Terrible Secret Of Space - Dominion - Hazak

:siren::siren::frogsiren: NORTH AMERICAN GUILD WILL BE ON PERGO/DOMINION FOR LAUNCH :frogsiren::siren::siren:

MuffinMan posted:

probably because when anyone says anything that isn't "Pergo Dominion" the thread spirals into poll chaos and ad hominum about people wanting to make their own decisions

There's a perfectly health discussion about an Exile PvE guild going on wsgoons but no lets just keep slinging poo poo itt

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 22, 2014

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

Doublestep posted:

Read harder, you loving goon.

But it doesn't have shiny lights. :downs:

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

MuffinMan posted:

ok!

oh hot drat! one subforum named general! i guess people could go through the auth system to see threads about other guilds on other servers under a seperate subforum located there, or the people who want to play elsewhere don't want to subject other people to that and maybe have a different idea?

can you please make me a list of forums you would like to have for you to post in. The current post count for all of the exiles discussion is like 120 so I want to make sure we can have enough forums to contain it all.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

MuffinMan posted:

No it doesn't? Do you hate reading? You seem to hate reading.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

You guys are free to figure out what kind of server you're rolling with and I'm sure stepstep will happily update the OP with information as such. We haven't really heard much outside of Poll Knuckles wanting to do a PvE-RP server, and the rest of the group hasn't really seemed to step up and lead such.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
I mean it is p much a known fact that housing and crafting and raiding and off topic will be different if you are an exile so we need more forums for exiles and other people to post in to make sure that t isasfasfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This kind of bitching is what got the Exiles kickef from the Dominion in the first place.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
wait I have an idea

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

wtfmoses posted:

can you please make me a list of forums you would like to have for you to post in. The current post count for all of the exiles discussion is like 120 so I want to make sure we can have enough forums to contain it all.

You should probably have three-ish sections: one with info that's pertinent to everyone like builds/info/offtopic/addons and stuff like that, then one section for each faction/guild/server to do their bullshit in.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

Marx posted:

You should probably have three-ish sections: one with info that's pertinent to everyone like builds/info/offtopic/addons and stuff like that, then one section for each faction/guild/server to do their bullshit in.

you don't even need this. you can just get away with each guild/faction having their own subforum to make posts in and a subforum under that for their raid scheduling and stuff. (edit: maybe trade I guess but that could be it's own thread under whatever)

The builds, addons, other topics are all pretty easily shared despite faction or server!

Sedisp posted:

i literally said "at a glance" please see above for the most obvious solution to fix this very simple problem

MuffinMan fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 22, 2014

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

MuffinMan posted:

you don't even need this. you can just get away with each guild/faction having their own subforum to make posts in and a subforum under that for their raid scheduling and stuff.

The builds, addons, other topics are all pretty easily shared despite faction or server!

Very true.

There are alot of ways to do it, just be prepared for butthurt and complaints regardless of which direction we travel.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

MuffinMan posted:

you don't even need this. you can just get away with each guild/faction having their own subforum to make posts in and a subforum under that for their raid scheduling and stuff. (edit: maybe trade I guess but that could be it's own thread under whatever)

i literally said "at a glance" please see above for the most obvious solution to fix this very simple problem

First thing. I have granted your request for a more fleshed out forum.

Second thing. I will accommodate any guild that shows an actual need for a better organized subforum. This will likely happen before launch or just after once there are boots on the ground.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sedisp posted:

Most of the shitfits I've seen so far in this thread have been goons being mad about other goons asking about options that aren't PVP dominion. Like this one right here, actually.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

a cat on an apple posted:

You guys are free to figure out what kind of server you're rolling with and I'm sure stepstep will happily update the OP with information as such. We haven't really heard much outside of Poll Knuckles wanting to do a PvE-RP server, and the rest of the group hasn't really seemed to step up and lead such.

I thought it was pretty much decided that any Exile goons would be fine with merging/joining with GK. Is this now not the case?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Who Dat posted:

I thought it was pretty much decided that any Exile goons would be fine with merging/joining with GK. Is this now not the case?

I don't know, reading is hard. This entire discussion is just getting kind of excessive either way.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
All the organized people want to go pvp so if you want to raid or whatever you need to go to the pvp server, or at least that seems to be how things are shaking out. Best advice I can give anyone who wants to actually see the 20/40 man stuff is to roll on the pvp server and resign yourself to playing stalker for minimal harassment. :shrug:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Welcome To Deradune.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

wtfmoses posted:

First thing. I have granted your request for a more fleshed out forum.

Second thing. I will accommodate any guild that shows an actual need for a better organized subforum. This will likely happen before launch or just after once there are boots on the ground.

i like it!

(i was full on for prego dom, but was only presenting a different point of view guess that makes me hitler now)

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

MuffinMan posted:

i like it!

(i was full on for prego dom, but was only presenting a different point of view guess that makes me hitler now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

let it goooooooo

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

I don't know, reading is hard. This entire discussion is just getting kind of excessive either way.

Most of the non :qq: discussion is happening on the WSG site. Some people here seem to be making arguments for arguments sake.

You're right though, this thread is getting lots of threadshits. It's hard to tell what the current discussion is anymore.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

see you all in goonhelp

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

So how does the purple bar / Moment of Opportunity stuff work?

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

Potsticker posted:

So how does the purple bar / Moment of Opportunity stuff work?

Use an interrupt during an enemy mob cast; if they no longer have interrupt armor left then the bar will turn purple and you deal bonus damage.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Who Dat posted:

Yeah, I think it's gonna be one big merger, we're just (calmly) discussing guild name choices in the primary thread.

Maybe we can update the OP to let people know that there will be an Exile guild on the PvE-RP server, Evindra? That might help clear up some confusion...or add to it, who the gently caress knows?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

blueberrysmith posted:

Yeah, I think it's gonna be one big merger, we're just (calmly) discussing guild name choices in the primary thread.

Maybe we can update the OP to let people know that there will be an Exile guild on the PvE-RP server, Evindra? That might help clear up some confusion...or add to it, who the gently caress knows?

I think we're considering making another thread.

Already.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

not another post if i get normal wsgoons access back :allears:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Smith Comma John posted:

Use an interrupt during an enemy mob cast; if they no longer have interrupt armor left then the bar will turn purple and you deal bonus damage.

Oh, that's way more straightforward than I was expecting, given my observations during the beta. Thanks.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

MuffinMan posted:

not another post if i get normal wsgoons access back :allears:

You're like a disney princess locked in a big castle with nobody in it. You got what you wanted. Maybe once the castle is vacated we can turn it into a haven for someone who needs it.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

I think we're considering making another thread.

Already.

That's intense...hopefully One Post for everyone. Seems silly to split them now.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

wtfmoses posted:

You're like a disney princess locked in a big castle with nobody in it. You got what you wanted. Maybe once the castle is vacated we can turn it into a haven for someone who needs it.

this is a serious post because i had a suggestion? ok.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

blueberrysmith posted:

That's intense...hopefully One Post for everyone. Seems silly to split them now.

I'm not splitting OPs for factions, that's stupid and whoever wants it is stupid.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.
Does anyone have a link to that Wowhead-like site for Wildstar? It's popped up a few times in the thread but gently caress if I'm going to dig through 82 pages to find it.

E: vvv Much obliged. Thanks.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Lumis posted:

Does anyone have a link to that Wowhead-like site for Wildstar? It's popped up a few times in the thread but gently caress if I'm going to dig through 82 pages to find it.

http://www.jabbithole.com/

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Every time a game thread gets split up into multiple ones, the goon presence dies within a week. :v:

SW:TOR's sub-forum still cracks me up to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

poptart_fairy posted:

Every time a game thread gets split up into multiple ones, the goon presence dies within a week. :v:

SW:TOR's sub-forum still cracks me up to this day.

Pages and pages of "we should get our own sub forum!" was so great.

Was even better when the idea was shut down.

• Locked thread