Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Just for once I'd love to see 100+ new posts that aren't fighting over polls and servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

MuffinMan posted:

this is a serious post because i had a suggestion? ok.

I think you're just collateral damage.

If not: Being a jerk to dudes who offer suggestions when you ask for suggestions is pretty lovely.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I just noticed that Medics get an ability called Extricate which is basically lifegrip.

That should be an entertaining reason to play Medic because if you're pro enough you can make bad DPS look worse by rescuing them out of telegraphs.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.
Do you guys think it would be a smart idea to go with Armorer for one of my tradeskills while levelling up if I'm going to be a Warrior? I didn't get very high in the beta so I'm not really sure how useful the "gear" tradeskills are overall, especially at endgame (or "elder game" or whatever they're calling it).

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
f

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

blueberrysmith posted:

Yeah, I think it's gonna be one big merger, we're just (calmly) discussing guild name choices in the primary thread.

Maybe we can update the OP to let people know that there will be an Exile guild on the PvE-RP server, Evindra? That might help clear up some confusion...or add to it, who the gently caress knows?

Bullet points for Exile US-PVE:

1. Most goons were fine with PVE-RP so were going to use whatever that server's name is. Current understanding is EVINDRA.

2. We're not sure what it will be named, we are calmly discussing that in the thread on wsgoons.

3. We are trying to convince Maxmaps to guild lead because he's really good at it. If he won't do it, gently caress it I will. And he'll probably help either way.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So how are you all doing today?

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
i found a picture of a goon arguing the merits of PVE servers over PVP servers

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

i found a picture of a goon arguing the merits of PVE servers over PVP servers

I wonder what they ate to get that lovely shade of green.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
And this is the cause of the Mordesh's uncurable disease.

Tragic.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Minsky posted:

I just noticed that Medics get an ability called Extricate which is basically lifegrip.

That should be an entertaining reason to play Medic because if you're pro enough you can make bad DPS look worse by rescuing them out of telegraphs.

This is the real reason to roll medic.

Lumis posted:

Do you guys think it would be a smart idea to go with Armorer for one of my tradeskills while levelling up if I'm going to be a Warrior? I didn't get very high in the beta so I'm not really sure how useful the "gear" tradeskills are overall, especially at endgame (or "elder game" or whatever they're calling it).

Word is that all of the tradeskills will be useful to all of the classes, and I've heard a few anecdotal positive things about crafted gear (only did Architect myself, though). You can switch tradeskills for a minimal cost/cooldown without losing your progress, though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Minsky posted:

The devs already have a clip of a medic saving a raid member with this. It's one of the skills that might rarely come in useful, but when it does you feel like a million bucks.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
We're running a private poll in Normal Adult Human's private message box. Please message him with your PVE/PVP preference, and also with your preferred method of 'yiff'.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lumis posted:

Each tradeskill also makes stuff that is useful to just about everyone. I don't think it's useful enough to, say, roll Outfitter as a Warrior, but it does mean that each tradeskill has something for everyone. Armorers make shields, Outfitters make support systems, Tailors make bags, Technologists make gadgets, and Weaponsmiths make weapon attachments. It looks like Architects don't make any gear at all, and I dunno if anyone crafts implants.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

straw man posted:

Word is that all of the tradeskills will be useful to all of the classes, and I've heard a few anecdotal positive things about crafted gear (only did Architect myself, though). You can switch tradeskills for a minimal cost/cooldown without losing your progress, though.

I didn't realize you weren't locked into just two. Suppose that means I'm going to be spending a significantly large amount of time crafting.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Minsky posted:

Into telegraphs.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Lumis posted:

I didn't realize you weren't locked into just two. Suppose that means I'm going to be spending a significantly large amount of time crafting.

If you're authed on the off-site forum that actually has moderators, I made a more in-depth explanation on how tradeskills are dependent on one another. It won't tell you the magic answers or anything like that, but it lists everything that is self-sufficient and why self-sufficient isn't good enough.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Minsky posted:

Oooh, that's tempting. I would macro it to also announce in boldface which idiot you are pulling out of the giant death cone.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Normal Adult Human posted:

Into telegraphs.

my thoughts exactly

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

The official results of the server poll are in. All the votes have been counted.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

straw man posted:

The official results of the server poll are in. All the votes have been counted.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

straw man posted:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

straw man posted:

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

tingle tingle kooloo limPAH!

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This really is going to be the furry MMO to end all furry MMO's.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

a cat on an apple posted:

tingle tingle kooloo limPAH!
Don't you dare associate the cute little Lopp with that middle aged freakshow :argh:

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

Marx posted:

Let's get ahead of the curve and register the guild on http://furnation.com/

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

Marx posted:

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

This is my fursona.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Marx posted:

Still less furry races than WoW

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
/A

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
What the hell is up with the final server list still not being out yet anyway, do they really think that's a good idea?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

THE PWNER posted:

What the hell is up with the final server list still not being out yet anyway, do they really think that's a good idea?
Apparently. Cougar has last say and he's said they're not revealing it until 24-72 hours beforehand.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

THE PWNER posted:

It makes sense. They probably want to see how many preorders come in, then have the finance guys plug that into Excel and figure out how many servers they'll need.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

They're probably also trying to avoid what's happened in other games where 80% of people try to cram onto a single server.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Mattavist posted:

They're probably also trying to avoid what's happened in other games where 80% of people try to cram onto a single server.

I'm trying to get a couple of different groups onto the same server and all it's doing is causing confusion.

If there's a Pergo in the final server list, literally everyone is gonna be on it, just because it's the only PvP server name that's known right now.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

THE PWNER posted:

I'm trying to get a couple of different groups onto the same server and all it's doing is causing confusion.

If there's a Pergo in the final server list, literally everyone is gonna be on it, just because it's the only PvP server name that's known right now.
Judging by what they said about probably removing Widow (oceanic PvP) due to low pop, Pergo is likely to be the only PvP server.

If they stick to what they had in the betas, there'll probably be one PvP realm, one RP-PvE realm and 5-10 PvE realms for the NA servers (one of the PvE realms will be designated as Oceanic). I don't have a Euro code so I don't know exactly how the servers are set up but I think some guys here said there's separation based on languages and the Carbine guys said the names of the Euro servers didn't need to be changed because they're not named after the continents or Nexus.

Xploited
Jul 18, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

The devs already have a clip of a medic saving a raid member with this. It's one of the skills that might rarely come in useful, but when it does you feel like a million bucks.

That was the one they showed on the recent stream, wasn't it? Curious what other applications there are for it. Sort of like the Mesmer portals that were abused to get people through jumping puzzles in GW2.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Xploited posted:

That was the one they showed on the recent stream, wasn't it? Curious what other applications there are for it. Sort of like the Mesmer portals that were abused to get people through jumping puzzles in GW2.

Stalkers have a skill that blinks to enemies. You can enter a /duel inside a party, I haven't tried in an instance, but theoretically you could move stalkers 50m nearly instantly so long as there's a place for them to stand halfway across.

I'm sure you could do some more cool stuff with the Explorer's Translocate Beacon.

My personal favorite, however, is to use Restrictor backwards off a cliff, Extricate an ally, then use Urgency to blink back onto the cliff to troll your team-mates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBox
Aug 15, 2002
I authed the other day, tried again today, saying that my account is linked still. Combaticus on the wildstargoons site. Please help

• Locked thread