Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

Mercurius posted:

Judging by what they said about probably removing Widow (oceanic PvP) due to low pop, Pergo is likely to be the only PvP server.

If they stick to what they had in the betas, there'll probably be one PvP realm, one RP-PvE realm and 5-10 PvE realms for the NA servers (one of the PvE realms will be designated as Oceanic). I don't have a Euro code so I don't know exactly how the servers are set up but I think some guys here said there's separation based on languages and the Carbine guys said the names of the Euro servers didn't need to be changed because they're not named after the continents or Nexus.

I would be amazed if they left Pergo as the only NA PVP server, not only are all the PVP guilds rolling there but a ton of PVE progression guilds as well. If they don't drop at least one more NA PVP server by launch I don't think any of us will be playing since Pergo will just be overloaded all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Yeah there's no way there's only going to be one pvp server. I'm hoping they just drop the names of the big servers like Nexus and Pergo entirely, because if they don't, those servers are going to be super overloaded which is what they want to avoid.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Mattavist posted:

They're probably also trying to avoid what's happened in other games where 80% of people try to cram onto a single server.

Gonna end up happening anyway because no one wants to risk being on the chump ghost town servers.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Xploited posted:

That was the one they showed on the recent stream, wasn't it? Curious what other applications there are for it. Sort of like the Mesmer portals that were abused to get people through jumping puzzles in GW2.
One boss has one of the "huge aoe you have to get out of line of sight to avoid" spells, and that would be a good use for it on any stragglers.

In non-raids, you can use it on something like Forgemaster to pull dummies to the back of the room so they can survive the bullet hell phase.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
We should have a poll about guild names, to find a good one.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

There are going to be so many medics and its going to be glorious.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

IceBox posted:

I authed the other day, tried again today, saying that my account is linked still. Combaticus on the wildstargoons site. Please help

Fixed

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Until the DNS record is reset you can add the mumble server direct IP in the OP to 68.232.167.42

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

SumYungGui posted:

We should have a poll about guild names, to find a good one.

I'm pretty sure the guild name for the Dominion PVP guild on Pergo is Goon Squad, this has already been decided.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Not sure if it's been posted anywhere but the servers (or at least Olyssia) are up right now.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
:siren:IF YOU HAVE NOT AUTHED YOURSELF BY THIS EVENING YOUR USER WILL BE SEEN AS LEFTOVERS AND WILL BE DELETED:siren:

Bunch of randoms who signed up and never accepted the email confirmations and others who have not used the forums are those who will be purged.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
gently caress you forums stalin, goons must be free!

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

wtfmoses posted:

:siren:IF YOU HAVE NOT AUTHED YOURSELF BY THIS EVENING YOUR USER WILL BE SEEN AS LEFTOVERS AND WILL BE DELETED:siren:

Bunch of randoms who signed up and never accepted the email confirmations and others who have not used the forums are those who will be purged.

Im probably just dumb but its been like 10 minutes and I havent gotten an email confirmation yet, tried re-sending too.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Lakedaimon posted:

Im probably just dumb but its been like 10 minutes and I havent gotten an email confirmation yet, tried re-sending too.

May have been purged. Start again.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lakedaimon posted:

They all went to junk mail for me, check there.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Just used a different email and it worked. Not sure what the hell is wrong with my default one, it didnt even send them to junkmail.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

wtfmoses posted:

Uhh, does this mean everyone needs to make at least one random post or get banned? Because while I did get fully reged, linked and whatever I haven't felt the need to post anything yet. :ohdear:

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Some of the devs are talking on twitter about what names should go to which types of servers (ie: pvp or pve) so I'm going to go out in a very sturdy limb and say there will be more than one PvP server.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Wildstar: Forum Support

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I'm not sure about this dude's eye/goo color but I get a distinct Space Zombie Christopher Lloyd vibe:

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

WarLocke posted:

I'm not sure about this dude's eye/goo color but I get a distinct Space Zombie Christopher Lloyd vibe:

I thought he looked more like Space Zombie Walken, but I may just be thinking of his character from Antz.

us vs also us fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 23, 2014

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Garbo posted:

Some of the devs are talking on twitter about what names should go to which types of servers (ie: pvp or pve) so I'm going to go out in a very sturdy limb and say there will be more than one PvP server.

Maybe some polls could help them pick names.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

There's been some good discussion (buried in the past few pages of polls and server snarking) about the tank classes and their different pros and cons. Feel like I haven't seen as much discussion for the healer classes.

I'm getting the impression more and more that if you want to do serious PVP healing you roll Medic and you roll Esper for PVE and you roll spell slinger if you actually would rather DPS. Would anyone want to share their play experience with the three classes?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Gameko posted:

There's been some good discussion (buried in the past few pages of polls and server snarking) about the tank classes and their different pros and cons. Feel like I haven't seen as much discussion for the healer classes.

I'm getting the impression more and more that if you want to do serious PVP healing you roll Medic and you roll Esper for PVE and you roll spell slinger if you actually would rather DPS. Would anyone want to share their play experience with the three classes?

Spellslinger is a really bursty healer, and is far more mobile than Esper while having far more range than Medic.

Esper is very smarthealy and would be perfect in a Warplots group, due to being able to stand in the back and targetframe most of their heals.

Medic is a very hybrid-y, battlepriest kinda healer that would work over more in Arena.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Cancelled my Gamestop digital preorder because gently caress Gamestop. Bought it through Carbine and finally got to gently caress a little around in game.

First impressions are it feels really polished and the combat system is fun, unique, and doesn't feel clunky in the slightest. For what its worth I hosed around with Stalker/Rogue whatever. A nice change of pace from WoW, which I've played since release.

I think it'll get fairly positive reviews on release, especially if they keep up these levels of quality. I didn't delve into the lore too much because I was more seeing how the game ran on my PC and wanted to get off the starting ship (Exile) so I could see Nexus a little. Really excited for this game. I've probably played every major MMO release since WoW and this feels the best out of all of them.

Sorry for the sperg. Please resume with the normal threadshitting and infighting about servers, guild names, splinter threads, and polls.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah so a lot of garbage posting about guild fights to in an attempt to divert that I ask this:

I have played just about every mmo ever since the dawn of the genre and am super jaded, with that in mind does this game actually capture the vanilla-ish WoW vibe they claim to have?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah so a lot of garbage posting about guild fights to in an attempt to divert that I ask this:

I have played just about every mmo ever since the dawn of the genre and am super jaded, with that in mind does this game actually capture the vanilla-ish WoW vibe they claim to have?

More than most, but a huge part of Vanila WoW being good was in how it was broken, and not everything was boiled down to a spreadsheet yet.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Doublestep posted:

Spellslinger is a really bursty healer, and is far more mobile than Esper while having far more range than Medic.

Esper is very smarthealy and would be perfect in a Warplots group, due to being able to stand in the back and targetframe most of their heals.

Medic is a very hybrid-y, battlepriest kinda healer that would work over more in Arena.

Esper can also built to be perfectly mobile as well, and can pump and dump quite fast on the run. They seem to be, at this point post patch the best of the three at focus management.

I think it will just all come down to comp. Each healer seems well rounded and works in their own different way, and each has a unique CC set.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I need to give Spellslinger some more time over the next couple of days if the servers are up because the patch that made channels uninterruptible and added the focus drain debuff to spellsurge for healing spells is worrying me a bit.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Mercurius posted:

I need to give Spellslinger some more time over the next couple of days if the servers are up because the patch that made channels uninterruptible and added the focus drain debuff to spellsurge for healing spells is worrying me a bit.

If you press Escape while channeling, at least, Engineer spells, then it stops the spell. You might want to try it out on your Spellslinger and, if it acts as a substitution, see if you can change it's keybind to something else and make use of it.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Evil Canadian posted:

Yes, but in a way that's hard to describe. It feels very much like a fresh concept. There's so much more to do here than vanilla WoW ever had, which isn't a really huge feat, but the level of content density is really impressive. The characters feel weighty and move smoothly, the world feels vibrant and alive, but that's also thanks to the humor and art design, which is incredible. Its like someone brainstormed really hard about how to make Jak & Daxter an MMO. I know that's really simplifying it, but the level of polish before a release is at a level I haven't personally seen in an MMO since WoW. SWTOR was close, but it didn't draw me in and make me want to play, even though I was in Starfleet Dental. This game does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010

Gameko posted:

Would anyone want to share their play experience with the three classes?

Esper is like WoW backline DPS, not really immobile after a few levels, their mobile builder is annoying with its four button presses, long range, gotta target people, light armor.

Spellslinger uses a narrow long-range telegraph, takes a bit of skill and camera work to hit and keep movement speed between strafing and backpedalling, mobile except for 2 abilities, light armor, gotta press R a lot for spellsurge.

Medic heals in a broad cone telegraph or in a square around you, got dots that level up to reapply/explode/save from death, has shield heals, good auras (6% crit permanent, -8% AP permanent, +/-25% healing received up 10 out of ~14 secs).

Classes are all fun and good, the decision here is really do you want a screaming eagle or double pistols or run out of focus while playing the coolest class.

• Locked thread