Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Good fight but it also demonstrates that brown would get clobbered by top 5 welterweights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
someone give Matt Brown some kind of belt

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

K8.0 posted:

They would, but the fact that Silva and Brown are both not good fighters is why that fight was reminiscent of MMA eight or ten years ago and why it owned so much.

Yeah the fight was great, but there's no way him fighting guys in the top 3 won't be disappointing

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
We're gonna find out that Matt Brown has actually been dead for years. Motherfuckers just gonna cough up embalming fluids one of these days.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I dunno if them clowning on him would matter since he can't be stopped and the more you hurt him the more violent he becomes. He's legit the scariest fucker in the entire UFC.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
this card is what fox wishes UFC tv events were from the start, and that's even despite the magny factor

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

henkman posted:

Hendricks/Condit/Lawler would clown on Brown, sorry

Most likely things would happen though.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
MATT BROWN BELT

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

-Atom- posted:

someone give Matt Brown some kind of belt

Haha someone just did

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
FOTN+POTN bonuses and a promotion in the octagon, what a night for Brown

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Matt Brown doesn't know what a liver is

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
It's going to be a crime if we don't get Condit/Brown at some point given Carlos is probably the only other guy in the division who can absorb punishment like that and come back aggressively.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Lol he gets his brown belt after that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you gave him that belt before the fight he could've finished the inverted triangle!

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Matt Brown have it all.

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.
Brown vs Condit would be epic. I want this fight.

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

Dangersim posted:

Lol he gets his brown belt after that

Would you prefer a purple heart?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
There has been 11 Bones fights since the Hamill fight? Holy poo poo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

MacDougall posted:

I dunno if them clowning on him would matter since he can't be stopped and the more you hurt him the more violent he becomes. He's legit the scariest fucker in the entire UFC.

Let me tell you about Chris Leben and inevitable disappointment

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

How in god's name did Dong knock Silva out

A huge, counter hook. It was the perfect punch.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

That was a work of art, it was beautiful, and we are all better for having seen it.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

Let me tell you about Chris Leben and inevitable disappointment

Zombie mode only last you so long.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tezcatlipoca posted:

A huge, counter hook. It was the perfect punch.

I saw it, I just understand it less and less in retrospect

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@jnsanchez 44s
Stretcher coming out for Erick Silva. Doesn't look good. #UFCFightNight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i can't even imagine what erick silva's tomorrow will feel like

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Ninja PD posted:

There has been 11 Bones fights since the Hamill fight? Holy poo poo

Yeah he fought 4 times in that year he won the title, and he's defended like 6 times already.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Today I saw a bunch of people in pajamas hugging each other and it was fun, then I watched New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor doing a joint show then I watched this fight. Combat Sports!!!!!!!

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I saw it, I just understand it less and less in retrospect

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

I don't see any shots that hosed him up that badly. it may just be some combination of dehydration and having his bearings knocked around by Brown. He should be fine but I'm no doctor

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
Is...is Silva dead?

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't see any shots that hosed him up that badly. it may just be some combination of dehydration and having his bearings knocked around by Brown. He should be fine but I'm no doctor

i think upon further inspection you'll see he got the poo poo kicked out of him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

cumulative damage

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bubba Smith posted:

he got hit in the head a million times

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cart Mountain posted:

i think upon further inspection you'll see he got the poo poo kicked out of him.

lol

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
He gassed harder than a heavyweight in Colorado after being on someone's back for a couple minutes, then got punched 200 times I wouldn't be surprised if something was up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Neeber posted:

Is...is Silva dead?

He was sitting up after the fight.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

TastyAvocado posted:

He gassed harder than a heavyweight in Colorado after being on someone's back for a couple minutes, I wouldn't be surprised if something was up.

That's how he always looks

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Bubba Smith posted:

were you looking for a life bar or something? he got romped like it was in an action movie's 2nd act, except in real life

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

TastyAvocado posted:

He gassed harder than a heavyweight in Colorado after being on someone's back for a couple minutes, then got punched 200 times I wouldn't be surprised if something was up.

What was up was the fact that he went for the kill on a guy that is unkillable and then had no gas left afterwards when he failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

lol at Joe Silva going apeshit in the background

• Locked thread