Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Dong looks like he's driving a spike with that hammerfist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MassRafTer posted:

He was sitting up after the fight.

a friend of mine is a paramedic and was off duty at the scene of a suicide via train. he went to the top half which grabbed onto his lapels and started jabbering nonsensically

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That isn't even the most beautiful strike Dong has thrown in the last year.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Dancing Peasant posted:

lol at Joe Silva going apeshit in the background

I caught a few Joe Silva glimpses during this fight, too, and it only reaffirmed my believe there needs to be J. Silva Cam on Fight Pass.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Huge Mantis ‏@HugeMantis 2m
Remaining crowded claps as he's lifted out of cage while this remix of Happy plays when it needs to not be. He held up a fist on way out.

That's cold.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

a friend of mine is a paramedic and was off duty at the scene of a suicide via train. he went to the top half which grabbed onto his lapels and started jabbering nonsensically

And that man was MATT BROWN

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Wow, he really did win that first round

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
I hope Silva doesn't suffer any serious long-term damage from that beating.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

round 2 was easily 10-8. Not that it matter much now i guess.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

that's some good judging

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Imagine if we lived in a world where Herb stopped it after that liver kick.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Just wow, WW is so good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

herb saw the mein fight. he knows liver shot knockouts means brown stops loving around and starts killing people

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Big Queefy posted:

round 2 was easily 10-8. Not that it matter much now i guess.

What is surprising to me is that the only ref who got that right was Sal fuckin' D'amato.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Lloyd Boner posted:

My heart stopped for a second while Silva was wailing on him, but Matt Brown kind of no-sold it and then walked up the cage.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Marching Powder posted:

oh gently caress me that is graphic

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

What is surprising to me is that the only ref who got that right was Sal fuckin' D'amato.

iirc he's the only one who scored frankie / bendo II to frankie with the correct score

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MacDougall posted:

oh gently caress me that is graphic

he only tells the story when he's been drinking and yeah, it's awful

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Post fight presser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNPQLHhCk5s

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Neil Magny continues to get no respect.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Who?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

black, terrible, not matt brown, ring any bells?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Marching Powder posted:

black, terrible, not matt brown, ring any bells?

You mean Jason High?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Fighting Matt Brown should come with danger pay it seems.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
What a great card. I was really excited for Brown vs Silva because I actually like them both as fighters. I was really rooting for Brown because he is sick as hell to watch fight. I can't believe round 1` that was absolutely nuts. I don't know how either of these men can take such punishment but respect to both of them. Silva really showed he is not going to give up easily so I hope he continues to get fun fights. I am hoping for a Brown vs Silva trilogy although I don't know if Silva will survive another fight with Brown.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Meowbot posted:

I am hoping for a Brown vs Silva trilogy although I don't know if Silva will survive another fight with Brown.

Erick Silva does not want this

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I made the mistake of pulling up the presser on youtube instead of just clicking the embedded link here and there are still people posting DIAZ 1, 2, 5 in the comments.

Thank you guys for not sucking that bad at everything.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Meowbot posted:

What a great card. I was really excited for Brown vs Silva because I actually like them both as fighters. I was really rooting for Brown because he is sick as hell to watch fight. I can't believe round 1` that was absolutely nuts. I don't know how either of these men can take such punishment but respect to both of them. Silva really showed he is not going to give up easily so I hope he continues to get fun fights. I am hoping for a Brown vs Silva trilogy although I don't know if Silva will survive another fight with Brown.

getting erick silva to accept a rematch would catapult him to the ufc's top earner

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I hope Silva's ok. I don't want to feel bad about this fight come tomorrow.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Erick Silva does not want this

Yeah, on the Rogan podcast thing he said it well, "Erick Silva is thinking right now there's no way I'm ever going to beat a guy like that or the guys who are going to beat a guy like that."

Silva will still beat up mid-level guys and lower on Brazil cards for a few years but anybody like Brown is going to break him. He gasses too much and gets hit too much and then you watch his confidence drop rapidly from there.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Presser starting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNPQLHhCk5s

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah, on the Rogan podcast thing he said it well, "Erick Silva is thinking right now there's no way I'm ever going to beat a guy like that or the guys who are going to beat a guy like that."

Silva will still beat up mid-level guys and lower on Brazil cards for a few years but anybody like Brown is going to break him. He gasses too much and gets hit too much and then you watch his confidence drop rapidly from there.

I think that may be potentially true but he also may have learned a lot from this fight. He looked completely lost in between rounds and I love that they asked him "Where is Erick Silva?" all I could think is he probably doesn't loving know himself.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

He mentally broke but it wasn't why he lost, his style is built to murder cans but he cannot fight moving backwards and even a marginal striker like Dong can kill him by just moving forward.

Now imagine huge guys like Woodley and Hendricks doing the same poo poo to him, he just doesn't have the tools to compete at that level.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

for anyone not watching; silva is in hospital suspected concussion / fractured jaw. dana was coy but brown's probably not getting the title shot, but a contender / title eliminator is likely

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

dana was coy but brown's probably not getting the title shot, but a contender / title eliminator is likely

that's fair imo. Brown owns of course but I think a fight with a guy like Lombard would be depressing, or on the flip side Lombard gasses in a 5 rounder and Brown goes all immortal on him late in the fight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bluedeanie posted:

I made the mistake of pulling up the presser on youtube instead of just clicking the embedded link here and there are still people posting DIAZ 1, 2, 5 in the comments.

Thank you guys for not sucking that bad at everything.

People never seem to want to remember what happened when Nick got his shot against GSP subsequently. Instead "he was robbed out of an interim title".

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brown vs Diaz please. I don't care which one.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I hope Brown vs Rory happens in the next year.

I wish Silva and Rory would trade places.....

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Rory is huge and would wrestle the poo poo out of Brown. Unless that is a 5 round fight I don't want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

Rory is huge and would wrestle the poo poo out of Brown. Unless that is a 5 round fight I don't want it.

Dana just said that this card rested on Brown's shoulders and after that fight & attendance, he feels like they can bring Brown back for a big fight in that city. That says to me Brown will be in 5 rounders in Ohio for a while now.

• Locked thread