Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

WhyteRyce posted:

On reddit, someone asked if he could turn it around and you had all these people coming out insisting that he'll be an all-star and that it was only because of a terrible situation that he put up historically bad numbers.

Bennett was a really good shooter in college so its not unreasonable to think his awful year shouldn't be a sign of his abilities; Cleveland was a black hole this season. But Bennett was able to get open shots in college because he wasn't morbidly obese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

WhyteRyce posted:

I think we can all agree that Bennett can improve on his terrible season and that he has some tools, but I can't even imagine the mental gymnastics it would take to look at that season and say "yep, that's a future Jamal Mashburn all-star right there".

Kibner posted:

Yeah, but was that ever expected out of anyone in that draft?

Nerlens Noel, pre-knee

Emanuel Collective fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 20, 2014

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

WhyteRyce posted:

Nope

@SHowardCooper
Just filed to http://nba.com : Kings put No. 8 on the trade block, wanting veteran instead of next rookie to develop. Link to come.

:smith: Yay I can't wait to see what kind of Rajon Rondo package we are getting :smith:

Carlos Boozer + the 16th & 19th picks for the 8th pick. Everybody wins!

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

the_american_dream posted:

Man Adreiyieyne Payne just looks like a guy who should be a Bull to me. So im just going to root for that

probably no room for him once Mirotic comes over

The guy I'm most intrigued in for the Bulls is Kyle Anderson. His biggest liabilities are 1) being slow as hell and 2) having bad defensive mechanics. But being slow is no big deal in the Bulls offense, and Thibs tends to turn guys into good defenders

Emanuel Collective fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 21, 2014

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

The Glumslinger posted:

I have a couple friends on facebook who are obsessed with the Lakers taking Lavine. Yeah, a PG who can't pass and wasn't all that efficient in college. Sure sounds like a franchise savior :ughh:

I've seen a couple mocks with LaVine to the Bulls at 16. I don't get why LaVine is even sniffing the first round. The Draftexpress profile on him just screams "out of the league in 3 years."

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Zach-Lavine-Scouting-Report-and-Video-Breakdown--4443/

Negatives: Bad defender, bad passer, can't create his own shot, can't finish on the rim, only shot the ball well for a few months, likes taking long 2s, can't dribble, busted shot

Positives: He jump high; may develop something remotely resembling basketball skills in a couple years

Emanuel Collective fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 23, 2014

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

IcePhoenix posted:

If he were to commit, then. I'm trying to explain his talent compared to the rest of this draft.

Mirotic is widely considered to be a better prospect than Dario Saric, and Saric is a likely top 10 pick. Mirotic wouldn't sniff the top 3 in this class and probably shouldn't be above Randle or Exum, but he's in that next tier of guys like Smart, Vonleh, and Gordon

IcePhoenix posted:

If he were to commit, then. I'm trying to explain his talent compared to the rest of this draft.

And my argument is that they should shoot for taj/mirotic/the two firsts but I don't know how realitic that is.

I would love this trade as a Bulls fan but it feels like a pretty weak haul for Minnesota. Even in this loaded draft, you probably aren't picking any all stars with the 16th and 19th picks. Then again, that's a better offer than the Lakers or Celtics can give

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

IcePhoenix posted:

The Celtics I'm definitely interested in if they give us the Brooklyn picks because I expect those to be good. I don't know if they're protected though. The sixth pick this year would give a good player as well I would assume.

I don't think Taj is a star or anything but he's a good player on both ends. I just remember hearing that Mirotic has a ton of potential and that's what I want from any trade the Wolves make. At least one player with a lot of potential and pieces to build a team around them. If Mirotic is in that 6-10 tier of guys then getting him, two picks in the teens, and Taj Gibson fits that profile. Butler can come too.

Mirotic does have potential to be a very good player, but he's only 2 years younger than Love. You wouldn't be getting a raw, talented teenager

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

The Asian Oprah posted:

Was hoping they had a Wiggins video, he's been NBA-smooth since 17 and I want to see how much he's improved. They got this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1cxcDSzDB0

Good that he has a little range. A whole lot of it looks like things that should never be happening in an NBA game but that's impressive size. What's his deal, did he stagnate this season?

in addition to the stuff in MV's post, Austin is literally half-blind. I don't know how much that impacts his game but it can't help to have half the peripheral vision of every other player

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

IcePhoenix posted:

I just saw a Woj tweet about some guy named Walter Tavares working on buying out of his Euroball contract so he can enter the draft? How good is he?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Walter-Tavares-48916/

Basically he sounds like Roy Hibbert if Roy Hibbert didn't start playing basketball until 3 years ago. Not a bad gamble to take later in the draft.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Favors is nice and all but there's a very good chance Parker or Wiggins are already better players than he'll ever be

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Dude has been playing ball for a grand total of 4 years.

Four years ago, Exum was in elementary school. Embiid is no more raw than most guys his age.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Spiritus Nox posted:

For lack of a better place to put this, former Baylor center Isaiah Austin just announced that he was yesterday diagnosed with Marfan Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that deteriorates the body's connective tissue. Needless to say, his basketball career is over. It also sounds like his life might be shortened considerably, as (unless I'm mistaken - I just learned about the disorder today) there is no cure and continued deterioration can lead to heart failure and other life-threatening issues.

So, you know...gently caress. :smith:

gently caress. I have a cousin with Marfan Syndrome and while its nowhere near as deadly as it used to be, it's an awful syndrome that destroys your body worse than most cancers. Here's hoping some team gives him a one day contract or something so he can say he was in in the NBA :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
were the Cavs this desperate to trade last year's #1?

• Locked thread