Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Ty1990 posted:

So my Wiggins dreams are probably dead unless:

- We overpay for the #1 pick (3/10/Thad). I know you guys think this is stupid but I think the dropoff between the first 2 guys in the draft and the rest of the field is steep as gently caress. I wouldn't complain about this.

- Cleveland takes Parker, and then the Bucks go Exum. Unlikely, but people say that MIL loves Exum and it fits a position of need.

- Cleveland takes Exum, MIL goes Parker. I know better; but I really can't see Cleveland loving this up again.

And that's pretty much it. Unless Orlando trades up and takes Exum at 1 which isn't going to happen. I guess I'll try to talk myself into liking Exum or convince myself that Embiid will be healthy.

I really don't like taking Exum for the Sixers at all, considering we can easily get a pure 2 guard in Stauskus at 10.

If anything I guess Vonleh can work and we can run MCW, Stauskas, Young, Vonleh, Noel front court for now and that seems at least a bit exciting.

Either that or we make a move for the first pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

euphronius posted:

This is going to be an insane GDT

Yeah.

The Sixers need to stay the gently caress away from Embiid after the year without Noel and the failed experiment that was Bynum.

Vonleh has grown on me, and I am getting less and less impressed by Exum.

If Stauskas stays at 10 there is no reason not to take him, but I can always dream that Wiggins drops to three or something crazy.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Doltos posted:

I see nothing wrong with the Sixers grabbing Embiid. They're not going to be competitive next year either short of a miracle FA signing.

In the east though? At this point all you have to do is be better than the Bobcats.....

The Sixers have the most money in the league available, and having all this young talent on rental is a great place to be. They need to stay away from injury problems unless the idea is to somehow move Embiid in the future...

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

MourningView posted:

What young talent do they have? The only legit NBA rotation players on the whole team next year are going to be Thad Young, whoever they draft maybe, and MCW (who I think is way overrated right now). It's a really bad team. They're a lot worse than even the Bobcats or Hawks and won't be competitive next year.

He's way way way better on a per possession basis, but his usage isn't nearly as high. Vonleh knocked down jumpers at a good rate but he really didn't shoot very many so there's some sample size worries there.

I'm playing a scenario in my mind where its Stauskas at the 2 and Vonleh at the 4, tbh.

• Locked thread