Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
I'd be surprised if Cleveland took him now. They can't afford the PR hit if missing with number 1 picks twice in a row so they'll want to get a more sure thing, even if that sure thing has less upside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

chilihead posted:

Someone tell me a scenario where they don't take wiggins, even if it is just to trade for veteran talent. The possibility of trade happening in the top 3 is almost a sure thing now.

It probably just depends on where their brass feels like they are in terms of being competitive. After a laughably disappointing year I'd think they'd want to play for 2 years from now, hope Bennet can be salvaged into a decent 6th man and that you can build around Kyrie/Wiggins(whoever). If they trade the #1 pick for veteran talent just to get into the 7th seed in the east next year I will literally laugh out loud. (They're the Cavs; ANYTHING seems possible)

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

euphronius posted:

If I were CLE I'd trade down to 3 or 4 and take Exum to march up with Kyrie if they don't want to risk Embiid. Or just take Exum at 1.1.

Exum Irving backcourt seems pretty good.

Does anyone know if Exum can play defense? He's a huge unknown to me but if he's not a good defender you can't have both these guys starting for you no matter how good he is offensively; you just can't hide 2 guards defensively against NBA teams.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Does anyone actually think Bill Self is good at developing NBA talent? With all the All-Americans he's had in the last decade, who has had the most NBA impact? Mario Chalmers?

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Will Embiid really fall out of the top 6? I know he's a risk, but the fact that he's probably the #1 without the injuries means someone takes him and just hope he's not Oden 2.0 right?

Also with all these Philly picks with set salaries are they going to have to throw stupid money at a couple free agents just to get to the salary minimum?

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Part of the reason Rondo's not getting more interest is how many good point guards there are in the league. He's an upgrade for most teams, but not a massive upgrade. Mix that with attitude concerns and the fact you only get 1 year out of him guaranteed and there's just a lot of risks for moderate reward for most teams.

If he was the same issues but was an elite shooting guard I think the market for him would be a lot different.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Are there sites you guys use other than ESPN to get info about what teams are thinking? It seems like there's a lot of sites that are just random people saying they think Team X will pass on Player Y, but I don't know if any of them are reputable.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Rick posted:

And the Lakers are having another round of workouts, but this one will be private. It's most of the guys from the last public workout but also some guys who are projected lower. Lots of Lakers fans are suggesting this is proof that the team is trading down, but I think it's just being ready in case the Suns/Bulls/Thunder try and dump one of their spare 1sts (Suns seem the most likely candidate due to having three picks and 9 [10 if they bring back Bledsoe] guys already with guaranteed contracts next year, so I can't even make fun of Sarver too much if this happens).

Lakers need so many pieces it makes sense to have a lot of guys they like figured out just in case opportunities arise.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Strawberry Panda posted:

Can someone explain to me who this Vonleh person is?

I'm interested to see how good he'll be. I'm from University of Illinois so I got to see him play at Indiana quite a bit last year and he was quite underwhelming. Like he wasn't particularly bad, but if I didn't know he was a big time prospect I wouldn't have come to that conclusion from watching him play.

He's young and has some physical tools so I'm not saying I'm sure he's gonna be bad, but I'd be surprised to see him contributing to a pro team next year.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

I think every team should have a "WTF He's still here?!?!" camera or something in their war room because I'm guessing there will be several times tonight that you'll see shocked GMs when they get a guy they felt like should have gone 8 spots sooner. I want to see the excited and confused reactions they have.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

euphronius posted:

IIRC no one wanted it.

Ya, they had a really confusing stance where they were quietly shopping it super hard but shopping it for like twice its market value. No one wanted that pick.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

MourningView posted:

It's true. But in terms of comparing him to Randle, Randle shot a decent number as was absolutely awful at them, so that's kind of a worry. He came in with a reputation as a good shooter and hits his free throws at a decent rate though so I guess you hope he bounces back.

Ya I'd rather have a guy who can't shoot or doesn't want to shoot and won't shoot than a guy who shoot 17.3% on jump shots and keeps taking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Give him his 1st pay check so he can afford some socks!

• Locked thread