Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Declan, please do a write-up of Dope rear end Big Men Who Can Play Next To Cousins. Please go all the way until Adreian Payne

You're getting Noah Vonleh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
gently caress this bullshit someone better take Embiid at 1 or 2

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

spacejung posted:

Hey nice get Philadelphia. I see you.

Oh no at worst we will get Joel Embiid although like I said he'll probably go top two and we'll still get one of the wing players we wanted

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm hopin! I mean what is Cleveland's biggest need?

Varejao is unguaranteed next year on a good size salary and can never stay healthy at all and their only other half decent big man is Tristan Thompson

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Floor for Okafor

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

MourningView posted:

I don't think it'd be that bad. Embiid has show flashes of being able to operate from the high post.

I kinda agree that it could work, but not on the Sixers with MCW at point and how bad a shooter he is right now. It'd be like a worse version of the Grizzlies offense.

Miko posted:

Don't have to play em at the same time, then. I do think Embiid can play farther from the basket, which would help, but I think being able to operate through those two would take priority over whatever guard you might try to use to penetrate.

You aren't going to take them and then not play them at the same time.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

kiimo posted:

Embiid looks pretty healthy. Can't pass on this guy.

http://youtu.be/Gp7PX7hYUFQ

Phwoar I'm smacking my lips and rubbing my thighs right now

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
If Wiggins shoots 35% from 3 his first year people will be losing their god drat minds and the hype will be so out of control it'll make LeBron going to Miami look small time

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Yeah I don't think Wiggins is really going to fall. It'd be loving awesome but I'm cool with whoever does slip to 3 as long as Embiid's healthy.

Noel, Thad, and #10 for #1 or #2 who says no

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Declan MacManus posted:

It really depends on who they get with their first pick. If it's Embiid, root for McDermott or Gordon. If it's Parker, root for Gordon or Nurkic. If it's Wiggins, root for Saric or McDermott.

If Wiggins doesn't slip I'm rooting for a shooting guard

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I love Thad Young, but no way they get a top ten pick for him. He's a real good role player though.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
He keeps the twisted grill just to show the kids it's real

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

BIZORT posted:

I hadn't really considered it. I assume they're taking Exum at 4. Also, I tend to fall in love with guards and hate big men so ignore me.

Orlando does need a shooter badly, though, and I don't think Exum fits that need. Marcus Smart definitely doesn't

I keep going back and forth on who I want the Sixers to take with their second pick if they don't get Wiggins between Gary Harris and Stauskas. I've really started to like Stauskas a lot though and he'd be great next to MCW

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

He's def going 4 at least though.

There's a real good chance he is but it's not guaranteed, the Magic could decide they like Smart more or go for Randle or something so working out with the Celtics and Lakers would probably be a good idea. We will just have to see how his agents games work out I guess.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I love Thad, he's a real good role player but he doesn't want to be here and I don't know how much trade value he has anyway so I'd be good with that. Although like MV said it looks like Wiggins could fall to them at 3 anyway. If they value him that much more than the other two I'm good with not taking a chance on it though if Thad is the asking price.

If that did happen the Sixers would have like $20 million in salary next year haha. So maybe sign like a solid veteran or two to help the young guys. LeBron and Melo to the Sixers

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Declan MacManus posted:

This is an important distinction that will end up getting lost on people anyways.

Yeah Harrison Barnes showed how important it is.

Also my dream scenario for Noel is Tyson Chandler.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

morestuff posted:

Embiid doesn't seem too torn up about it, at least.

he looks like that one guy from snl

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Tom Izzo #4, who's produced like 4 decent NBA players in the 20 years he's been at Michigan State haha

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I like the Lakers trying to become Sixers West. Taking Jodie Meeks and Nick Young, now they want Thad and MCW. I'm sure it will work well for them.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Declan MacManus posted:

Apparently he has the same agent as Dion Waiters, lol

If it somehow works twice then I'm ready to declare that dude the best loving agent in sports history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Strawberry Panda posted:

Can someone explain to me who this Vonleh person is?

Dude with solid height and ridiculously long arms with a good jumper is about what you need to know about him.

• Locked thread