Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

Marshall Henderson.

If he somehow makes the NBA, he needs to be on the same team as LeBron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Maybe they were just looking at it from an rear end in a top hat point of view

Even considering it from that aspect, DeShawn still didn't reach his potential.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

So who should I be excited for the Mavs to pick at 51 overall and stash in the D-League/Europe for 6 years before he's completely forgotten about?

Maybe one day that pick will sprout into Nick Calathes. The Mavs will find another Euro project and trade him away when he is finally ready to come over. All I want the Mavs to do with their second round draft pick is to take a center that probably won't work out. Hopefully they get another end of rotation player like Crowder.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 16, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

edit: beaten.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

His agent isn't letting anyone do a medical examination on him so no one has any clue.

If I had the number 1 pick and this was going on, there is no way I'd draft him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

It's not the "hive mind."

It's that the only time the Cavs have ever made a correct draft pick in my life time was Lebron James.

Anthony Bennett is retroactively not a bad pick now because if they had been even slightly better, they wouldn't have the #1 this year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

Saric is a legit prospect and the only real knock on him is that he probably won't be coming overseas right away. Also his mess rear end teeth

His dad is apparently too controlling and doesn't want him to come to the NBA yet.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

REAL MAD Dallas couldn't draft him last year. Tho Shane Larkin or young El Debarge as I like to call him may have something

In my mind it was going to work out perfectly. He'd be stashed in Europe, we wouldn't have to worry about Carlisle barely giving a rookie minutes this season, and he could hopefully have turned into a good player. Too bad it didn't work out. (unless he busts then I don't care.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Thanks a lot Lamar Odom.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

No no no. gently caress off Philly paper

I want Philly to end up with Embiid and Saric. I really want to see Embiid and Noel play together.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

roundmidnight posted:

Pekovic is really good. He's an 18/9 guy and he makes what, 12m? It's reasonable.

Isn't the bigger problem that Pek and Love aren't a good defensive combination for the TWolves starting big men?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I bet a lot of GMs would draft Westbrook over Love because WINS and LEADERSHIP

Or defense.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Donnie Nelson is in Europe looking at Dario Saric and a few other prospects. Mavs may be trying to trade for a lotto pick.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It continues.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
Don't understand Julius Rande's strategy of trying to discredit @WojYahooNBA. There is an issue w/his foot. Heard same from multiple teams.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/477150246146166784

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

David Pick @IAmDPick · 8h
Croatian NBA prospect Dario Saric, I'm told, has zero workouts scheduled ahead of the draft.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/478137126676996096

Either this is a terrible decision or a team has already promised to draft him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

edit: wrong thread.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

@WojYahooNBA: As Jeff Goodman reports, Joel Embiid suffered a foot injury. Cavs want to workout Dante Exum for No. 1 spot now too

Cavs are going to be the Cavs and bust with Exum.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

edit: beaten

Why would he not attend the draft unless he dropped really far?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

@ryenarussillo
More Embiid fallout. Lakers could move Nash and #7 to Philly for MCW and T Young. 76ers would take Exum at #3.

Embiid fallout is the best fallout

If that happens, Nash retires. He already said he would do so if he is traded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

@GoodmanESPN
One NBA GM picking in Top 10 on Embiid: "My medical people told me flat-out not to take him."

I'll be shocked if nobody picks Embiid in the top 10.

• Locked thread