Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

The Glumslinger posted:

Well Noah Vonleh certainly helped himself with that wingspan, 7'4" will help make up for him being only 6'8"

6'8 barefoot. He'll be over 6'9 in shoes, which is a fine height for a PF especially with that wingspan. He's basically the size of Zack Randolph.

I'd say Randle helped himself here as well. He measured out with a 7' wingspan which is an inch longer than was expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Doug McDermott isn't 6'8 (6'7.75 in dubious shoes), but proved to be quite athletic, definitely not a stiff. Maybe he can play the 3? Teams are all projecting him to be a lottery pick, anyway. Somewhere in the 8-14 range. I don't think he could play the 4 except in very small ball situations.

Zach LaVine measured well and might be the most athletic player in the draft (which is usually a bad sign actually) and is also projecting to be a lottery pick. The combine definitely helped his stock, despite being a long term project.

Nik Stauskus also proved to be more athletic than initially assumed and measured well for a 2 guard (6'6.5, 6'8 wingspan). Another fringe lottery guy.

Aaron Gordon is insanely athletic which should ease fears about his size at the 4 (not quite 6'9, 220 pounds).

Noah Vonleh is 6'9.5 in shoes, has a 7'4.5 reach, and showed to have excellent athleticism. Chad Ford moved him to #5; the first PF projected to be taken. Months ago I said this guy could go ahead of Randle and it looks like he could indeed do that.

Dante Exum measured well and showed pretty good, if not otherwordly John Wallesque athleticism. He'll probably go top 5.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 19, 2014

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Wow, 6'6.25" w/o shoes for McDermott. That's small even for a small ball PF. I think that's probably below average for a SF anymore.

He'll be at least 6'7 in shoes, which basically makes him on the smaller side of average. He's big enough to play the 3, the question is he athletic enough. The combine showed that he's actually pretty athletic, and he should be a lights out shooter, so I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances as long as he lands in a good situation. Drafting him in the top 10 would be insane though. Denver and Phoenix would be the best situations for him (if he goes in the lottery).

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I can't imagine the Cavs will have the balls to draft Embiid with no medical records, especially with the spectre of Bennett hanging over them. It has to be Wiggins, which I think is the right pick anyway.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 22, 2014

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Embiid in real shoes is probably closer to 7' than 7'1, but he's got a 7'6 wingspan and is now 265 of muscle, so that's insane.

I've been an ardent Wiggins proponent but you almost can't pass up Embiid at #1 with those measurements (not to mention everything else he brings to the table). That length combined with the athleticism, it really does look like Embiid's practising on an 8 foot hoop.

Totally different point: Anthony Bennett has consistently measured 6'7 in shoes but is billed by ESPN and a few other places at 6'8. I'm inclined to think he's 6'7, is there any proof he's taller than that? Poor Bennett.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 26, 2014

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

kiimo posted:

I just realized that if it goes 1. Embiid 2. Parker 3. Wiggins that it is eerily similar to 1984 with 1. Olajuwon 2. Bowie 3. Jordan.

I don't think Parker will fail like Bowie and Parker isn't 7'1 but you have to admit there are some similarities.

Uh think you're reaching there, especially since none of these 2014 guys have even played in the NBA yet.

And Wiggins on the Sixers would give them the biggest (6'6 and 6'9) and maybe most talented backcourt in the league (eventually). I can't imagine Wiggins falls to third though, despite Chad Ford's contradictory rumours.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Ty1990 posted:

Ford's mock draft today has the Sixers getting Wiggins and Randle. If only...

The 76ers are putting insane pressure on themselves by coveting Wiggins so highly so openly.

Apparently Embiid's failed medical was a clever ruse by the Cavaliers to acquire picks and still draft Embiid: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/17301146-embiids-medical-red-flags-could-be-a-smokescreen-by-cavaliers

So I guess he's good to go and will be the #1 pick?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

morestuff posted:

That's basically a Bleacher Report article.

It's the only article I could find that talks about Embiid's Cavaliers medical-physical results, of which there were reports of red flags.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
The 76ers potentially getting Wiggins and Randle is insane. I knew Randle would drop but 10th? Can't imagine that. Randle is claiming that his foot is fine and that a team may have "leaked" that to hurt his stock.

This draft is surreal. A lot of shenanigans going on.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I refuse to believe the Cavs are taking anyone but Wiggins. If they take Parker or Exum (especially Exum) then just wow Cavs.

Embiid is also a possibility but they should be gunshy after the Bennett debacle. Can't completely whiff on 2 out of 3 #1 picks (if Embiid turns out to be another Oden/Walton/Bowie). Well, you can I guess, but it would be historically embarrassing.

I'm kind of sour on Exum. It's like if Dion Waiters' agent was representing Ricky Rubio or something.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Can someone explain to me who this Vonleh person is?

An 18 year old 6'9 one and done PF with a 7'4 wingspan and supposed 3 point range. Didn't dominate in college but has done well in the workouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Lockback posted:

Why would Parker be a bad #1 pick? I'd probably go Wiggins but I could definitely see someone liking Parker more.

He's a 1 way player with a fatbody, plus he wants to play in Milwaukee.

• Locked thread