Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I expected to hate the poo poo out of Kelly Olynyk and instead I am merely indifferent to him. That's the most praise I can muster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

loving Cleveland

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm hopin! I mean what is Cleveland's biggest need?

Front office personnel.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

The Celtics I'm definitely interested in if they give us the Brooklyn picks because I expect those to be good. I don't know if they're protected though. The sixth pick this year would give a good player as well I would assume.

I don't think Taj is a star or anything but he's a good player on both ends. I just remember hearing that Mirotic has a ton of potential and that's what I want from any trade the Wolves make. At least one player with a lot of potential and pieces to build a team around them. If Mirotic is in that 6-10 tier of guys then getting him, two picks in the teens, and Taj Gibson fits that profile. Butler can come too.

The picks they have from Brooklyn are completely unprotected, as far as I can tell. The only problem with them in terms of trade value is that they're 2016 and 2018 picks, which may not be of much interest to the Wolves. The Celtics also the Clippers' first rounder next year from the Doc Rivers trade and the ability to swap picks with the Nets in 2017, though I don't know if they're able to trade that right or not. They don't have much in the way of young talent on their roster to offer either; I think Sullinger has the potential to be a solid starter but isn't star caliber. Boston would probably try to sell Minnesota on Kelly Olynyk's potential and hope they don't notice that he's a low ceiling guy who doesn't play any defense.

It'll be interesting to see if how the Dwight Howard deal ended up shaking out will have any effect on what teams are willing to offer to facilitate a Love trade. The changes to the CBA that make max extensions so unattractive means that any team that trades for him is, at best, only going to get a non-binding under the table assurance from Love's camp that he'll re-sign once he hits the open market.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The really important question teams should be asking about Dario Saric is if he got those busted rear end teeth fixed.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Deadbeat Dad posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aipd_3kGfREgdHRtcThFd3ZtMlRPYldIRmdGb241RlE&usp=drive_web#gid=9

Has this been posted before? I don't even know what I'm reading, but I'm laughing my rear end off at the comps.

All the players in this draft are going to bust except for Russ Smith who is like a young Tim Hardaway but a second rounder anyway.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

By this point I've pretty much convinced myself that the Celtics are going to trade for Kevin Love, but when that inevitably doesn't happen Aaron Gordon is the guy I like most out of Gordon/Vonleh/Randle anyway.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Randle will need foot surgery after draft; will be out for ~2 months.

Woj just tweeted that his lottery status is up in the air now according to several GMs and that it's a "real issue." I can't imagine a scenario where he falls past the Sixers at 10, it'd be insane for him to even fall that low. Unrelated, but I'm also a fan of Draft Express' mock that has the Magic passing on Exum so the Celtics can take him.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I feel like I read somewhere that the Bucks could take Exum but it was more of a "consider all viable options just to be safe" kind of thing.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Draft Express has already updated their mock draft. Wiggins first, Exum third, Embiid fourth. Hello Orlando, may I interest you in a Rajon Rondo?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The Sixers went from having the easiest choice in the draft to being in a potentially rough spot. Instead of just taking whoever is left of the top three, they're going to have to pick between a guy who may be turn out to be too injury prone to reach his full potential or the mysterious hyper athletic foreigner who may or may not have other skills. Either way there's a good chance that it's going to work out fine, but I wouldn't want to be the Sixers GM if the guy they take busts and the other turns into a star.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

BIZORT posted:

Or they just pick the guy they're supposed to pick and not trust a bunch of bullshit on the internet

Well obviously they should pick Embiid, but you know that if he breaks down everyone is going to pretend like it was the riskiest pick of the draft and that they saw him busting from a mile away.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Sandele posted:

As a Celtics fan I'm kind of hoping that Embiid turns out to be this year's Noel and drop to 6th even though he probably should go in the top 3.
Maybe we'll get to see his blank face as Marcus Smart and Julius Randle get drafted ahead of him.

But chances are that won't happen and the Celtics will probably take Aaron Gordon instead and I'll just be unhappy

There's about a zero percent chance Embiid falls to the Celtics, but that's not going to stop me from slowly deluding myself into thinking it will happen.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Hoops Rumors posted a mock draft that has Embiid falling to the Celtics oh my god it's happening No it isn't they're just a rumors site with no sources

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Rick posted:

I don't see Embiid getting past the Lakers even if his foot is falling off, because Kupchak would totally draft him just to trade him.

The Celtics have also already said that the injury doesn't scare them, and according to CSNNE (the station that airs all their games) they're even looking into trading up for him.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

As of this morning Draft Express has the Magic taking Embiid 4th with the Celtics taking Marcus Smart. That's exactly how it's gonna play out, isn't it?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Does his deal come off the books immediately if he does?

Unless the CBA has changed it, my understanding is that he would still count against the cap but the Sixers would not be obligated to pay him.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Rondo doesn't really have injury issues aside from the torn ACL. He looked a little rusty when he finally came back, but that sort of thing is to be expected and he seemed fine physically. I've always thought the attitude thing was a little overblown too, but who knows?

As for his market, I have no idea because nothing has been floated yet. I remember last season there was talk of Houston wanting Rondo. They don't have anything outside of Parsons that Boston would really want all that much and may not give him up for Rondo anyway. It feels like Rondo's value as a player is mitigated by the fact that he's an expiring contract and that there's currently so many good point guards in the league right now.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

For lack of a better place to put this, former Baylor center Isaiah Austin just announced that he was yesterday diagnosed with Marfan Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that deteriorates the body's connective tissue. Needless to say, his basketball career is over. It also sounds like his life might be shortened considerably, as (unless I'm mistaken - I just learned about the disorder today) there is no cure and the disorder can lead to Aortic Enlargement (which could itself lead to heart failure) and other life-threatening issues.

So, you know...gently caress. :smith:

.0(

For real though, I wish him the best. That sucks a lot.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

With the forums down the last couple of days I've been talking myself into Marcus Smart or Aaron Gordon since it sounds like the Celtics will be selecting one of them, barring a slide of Embiid or Exum. With Smart especially it feels like the careless happy warm feeling you're supposed to feel right before you die of hypothermia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The guy taking off the jersey to reveal the UK shirt kills me every time.

• Locked thread