Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Kibner posted:

Marshall Henderson.

Nooo Pop would ruin Henderson by turning him into a well behaved and productive member of society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Marcus Smart has met with the Houston Rockets, Toronto Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns and Denver Nuggets.

:ninja:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I would really like to know how these guys come up with body fat percentages. Russ Smith, 5'11" and 3.5% body fat, presumably a decomposing skeleton.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

MourningView posted:

why the heck did they go with the screwed up, non-Muslim version of Hakeem's name?

Maybe they're saying his ceiling is pre name-change Hakeem.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

So who is Cleveland going to waste the pick on

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I assume that vet will also be a point guard they will start ahead of Isaiah Thomas for Reasons.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If Hinkie takes after his old boss he's going to draft without a whit of concern for need and fit, which, considering the Cavs, is probably the right approach.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

hosed up teeth are a good thing, see James Harden, Anthony Davis.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

It's extremely common for young big men to get in foul trouble. Although occasionally you get a guy who never figures it out like Ian Mahinmi or whatever.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Robert Covington is like 6'6" and has a 7'1" wingspan.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Would Embiid be able to work as a 4 if the team drafting him already had a traditional center?

Because if the Cavs are dumb enough to give us their pick for Love I'm curious about if he'd be on their radar for the pick.

Just throw away your existing center and go with Embiid.

Chances are he'll be in foul trouble his entire first year anyway so there might not even be a minutes problem.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

If you think Exum can shoot he is really exciting.

I keep seeing Exum compared to Wade or Westbrook in which case he is pretty exciting even if he can't

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Embiid and his agent agreed to a physical with the Cavs apparently.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

How many times did Motiejunas pull out of the draft? I guess it was probably 2-3 times. And then he turned out real bad!

e: Now I'm looking through his draftexpress page

quote:

it's not a stretch to say that the 7-foot Lithuanian has blossomed into one of the best scoring big men in all of European basketball at the tender age of 20, and likely the most skilled power forward/center in the draft. Offensively, it's getting easier and easier to see where the comparisons with Pau Gasol are coming from.

Good times

chunkles fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 30, 2014

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

WEREWAIF posted:

The Bucks taking Wiggins will be awesome, that team will have so few basketball skills. Imagine the Brandon Knight, Wiggins, Giannis, Larry Sanders, Henson unit.

Can you win games entirely on wingspan? That would have to be like the longest lineup ever

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I wish I had my own dumb mock draft site so I could put down Len Bias as the best case scenario for Marshall Henderson, thanks for reading my post.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I hope the Rockets draft him if he falls that far. T-Will and Royce White didn't pan out so third time's the charm.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Terry Glenn posted:

The Thunder have maybe made a promise to something called a Porzingis with the 21st pick. Uh, all right.

That guy has a seriously great name in perhaps the strongest name draft in league history.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I've been looking through draft profiles a bit and trying to find the Moreyest picks at #25 and #42. Adriaen Payne is absolutely perfect but seems to have played his way above #25. Draftexpress mocked Johnny O'Bryant with the #42 which looks pretty drat spot on.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Speaking of stupid things the Cavs could do

CBS posted:

The Sixers actually have engaged the Cavs about moving to No. 1. They aren't willing to give up both the Nos. 3 and 10 picks, but a combination of No. 3 and Thaddeus Young is a possibility. And it's a great scenario for Wiggins, as well. Of the three top teams, his camp prefers the Sixers as the best possible fit.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

If you don't think there is a huge separation between all 3 of the candidates, then moving back and picking up a veteran who can help your stupid owner win now is kind of a shrewd move. But then you'd have to trust Cleveland's talent evaluation

But I do!!! It just screams another one of those "win now" moves from Cleveland that somehow ends up with them not making the playoffs in the Eastern Conference

e: Of course it's just a rumor, and apparently the 76ers idea anyway.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

That's what I thought about Dion Waiters so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Name pool gets weaker as Kristaps Porzingis exits the draft believing he can get a better spot in 2015.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

morestuff posted:

Am I missing something? If you think Embiid is the best in the draft why do you give a poo poo if his foot is broken?

Watch Kevin McHale walk

Not that that's inevitable or immediate or anything but foot injuries are bad. Yao :(

chunkles fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 19, 2014

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Remember when people were saying Cavs promising to draft Dion Waiters was some kind of smokescreen.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

EMC posted:

They are a tire fire at SF at the moment assuming Deng leaves, and they already have several guys that play PG/SG. Is Exum insurance for when Kyrie leaves? Or do they seriously believe Lebron is going to come back and fill that void?

Anthony Bennett is 6'7", he can definitely play SF

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I was pretending to be a Cavaliers GM, the real answer is that the Cavs love to fool themselves into drafting for need when they really should just focus on drafting NBA quality players

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

That last part is important because given how tall Embiid is, the risk of complications with his feet goes up, but there's no reason he can't make a full recovery.

Sounds like a pretty awesome reason for stupid lottery teams to pass him up because they need to Win Now and can't potentially give up a season to rehab

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Will the teams actually get a chance to evaluate his foot?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

IIRC no one wanted it.

they also made some insane demands as I recall (I think they asked for Anthony Davis or something?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

Actually I'll do it since I'm still here for now but I'll link it in here and then lock this thread because it's draft night baby woooo

NBA #DraftBus 2014 GDT

• Locked thread