Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope Marshall Henderson gets drafted by the WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pylb posted:

Also don't let Dan Gilbert's son move up either.

This is some serious monkey paw poo poo right here. I'm going to blame you for this, forums poster "pylb"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hand Row posted:

Yeah Wiggins falling to 3 would be a nightmare eh?

Bucks will take Wiggins if he is there.

I read that as ESPN giving him hope that Wiggins will be there at 3, which most people can't imagine happening.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Niwrad posted:

I would rather have 7 guaranteed years of Wiggins than 1 year of Love and a hope he wants to stay in a city where players don't usually want to stay.

Are you talking about The Timberwolves or The Cavs here?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I actually don't think they would poo poo on Noel because everyone knew he was a lost year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

It's not the "hive mind."

It's that the only time the Cavs have ever made a correct draft pick in my life time was Lebron James.

Kyrie Irving was probably the correct pick too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Where would Mirotic fall if he was in this draft? I'm trying to explain to a friend why a bulls trade is the best option for the Wolves (barring Cleveland giving up the #1 pick).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

He still hasn't made a commitment, so probably middle somewhere. I'm not sure if the Bulls are a good partner unless they include Butler.

If he were to commit, then. I'm trying to explain his talent compared to the rest of this draft.

And my argument is that they should shoot for taj/mirotic/the two firsts but I don't know how realitic that is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Celtics can give a shitload of picks which might be interesting, but I wouldn't move Love for anything short of a top-3 pick to start. Taj/Mirotic/2 middle firsts is weak I think, remember Taj makes 8 mil next year, which is still a deal but not incredible. Taj/Butler/Mirotic/Picks and I'd probably pull the trigger.

The Celtics I'm definitely interested in if they give us the Brooklyn picks because I expect those to be good. I don't know if they're protected though. The sixth pick this year would give a good player as well I would assume.

I don't think Taj is a star or anything but he's a good player on both ends. I just remember hearing that Mirotic has a ton of potential and that's what I want from any trade the Wolves make. At least one player with a lot of potential and pieces to build a team around them. If Mirotic is in that 6-10 tier of guys then getting him, two picks in the teens, and Taj Gibson fits that profile. Butler can come too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Emanuel Collective posted:

Mirotic does have potential to be a very good player, but he's only 2 years younger than Love. You wouldn't be getting a raw, talented teenager

I don't think anyone outside the top five (probably the top three) has the potential to be as good as Love and I'm not sure being 23 is that big a deal. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong though because I'm out of my element here (not sarcasm).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Would Embiid be able to work as a 4 if the team drafting him already had a traditional center?

Because if the Cavs are dumb enough to give us their pick for Love I'm curious about if he'd be on their radar for the pick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WEREWAIF posted:

He probably could, but why would you waste a potentially great player at a scarce position that way

It worked for Tim Duncan

chunkles posted:

Just throw away your existing center and go with Embiid.

I don't think I could put into words how horrified I was at Pek's contract when we re-signed him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

roundmidnight posted:

Pekovic is really good. He's an 18/9 guy and he makes what, 12m? It's reasonable.

He also only plays in like 50 games a season and doesn't play defense.

I like Pek, a lot actually, I just think he's way overpaid.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

I think you should go look at what people who are over 6'9" make and then look at what they can make if they can average more than two field goals a game.

I think my definition of overpaid does not have to match yours.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

What's your definition? He makes what is appropriate for a player of his height and ability to make.

Being able to play 70 games a season would be a good start.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deadbeat Dad posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aipd_3kGfREgdHRtcThFd3ZtMlRPYldIRmdGb241RlE&usp=drive_web#gid=9

Has this been posted before? I don't even know what I'm reading, but I'm laughing my rear end off at the comps.

I love these. Smart is the #2 player on his board and his closest player comp is a guy who was out of the league in essentially two years.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

This forum was indeed super, super wrong about a ton of guys in this draft - almost everyone thought Love was an unathletic guy who dominated college competition Shelden Williams style, Westbrook was a no skills athletic freak who belonged in the late lottery, Lopez was a stiff (which is sort of true, I guess, but didn't stop him from being good), OJ Mayo was going to be great.

2008 turned out to be a really good class largely on the strength of a really good late 1st/2nd group of players. Knowing what we know now (i.e. Derrick Rose is dead) a redraft would look crazy. Something like...

Love
Westbrook
Ibaka
Lopez
Hibbert
Dragic
Anderson
Pekovic
Jordan
Batum
Gordon

and where do you take the Rose timebomb?

I bet a lot of GMs would draft Westbrook over Love because WINS and LEADERSHIP

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just saw a Woj tweet about some guy named Walter Tavares working on buying out of his Euroball contract so he can enter the draft? How good is he?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DOOP posted:

Philly is a important city too. We have lots of history and stuff. Why does no one ever want to demand to play in Philly?

:(

The fans.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WEREWAIF posted:

I wonder how long it will be until the Sixers have 10 NBA worthy players on their roster. 20017?

Surely they'd luck into it within the next 18000 years.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

Embiid doesn't seem too torn up about it, at least.

He's clearly about to be, though :downsrim:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

Hah yeah especially after he loses a few million dollars worth of contract due to falling draft position

That's not the joke I was going for but I suppose it is also true.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

hah look man surgeons are trained professionals and they definitely don't play around inside your guts like children splashing in a wading pool after you're lights-out they absolutely do but there's no way you can prove it

A cut is still a tear, technically. I think. I may need swickles to confirm this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chilihead posted:

"Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

So this appears to be real, i read this on TrueBlue Nation. Seems strange when most magic fans were hopig Afflalo would be used to move up one of our picks.

Considering how we fleeced the Nuggets/Lakers/Sixers before i'm down with whatever Henny is doing.

I wonder what the record for a player being traded between two teams is.

• Locked thread