Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Wiggins will go #1 from Cleveland's commitment to drafting Canadians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

The media here is making noise about the Raptors and Ennis. It seems pretty safe to assume that he'll be gone by the time the Raptors pick, so I guess my question is about how much would it take to trade up however many spots (5-7?) to get him?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Can someone explain Kevin Pelton's 'analytics big board' to me? I have no acquaintance with draft prospects beyond hype but this really seems like a, uh, ambitious ordering.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

It uses WARP weighting previous seasons more than the current season so naturally Marcus Smart (who was really good last season) looks like a top prospect because it's only using statistical measures rather than incorporating them alongside physical measurements and observational data

Also WARP doesn't use linear weights in basketball which is stupid and dumb and retarded

I get that he's just ranking by statistical output but those seem like the sort of results where, if I was trying to construct a 'big board', I would conclude with "and there are some serious problems with my model."

e: With Smart and some Swiss guy at the top, and Wiggins way down at 19th, it reads like he's trying to provide a reductio of someone else's model.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

My guess is that ESPN is trying to embrace debate

Is this an American political neologism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Allegedly Toronto and Memphis are working on Salmons + #37 for Prince + #22. How finished is Prince? Because this seems real good from Toronto's side.

• Locked thread