Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Wow, 6'6.25" w/o shoes for McDermott. That's small even for a small ball PF. I think that's probably below average for a SF anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I can't imagine the Cavs will have the balls to draft Embiid with no medical records, especially with the spectre of Bennett hanging over them. It has to be Wiggins, which I think is the right pick anyway.

This isn't an issue, the top 3 will absolutely be allowed to review Embiid's medical records.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Actually it's because Cleveland is going to trade future all-star Dion Waiters so they can pay Embiid

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

And the Cavs, Bucks, and Sixers are in such "need now" modes that they can't really afford to do projects

Only the Cavs are really in a need now mode. And that's mainly because their owner wants to make the playoffs asap. The Bucks and the Sixers are going to be bad for a while and absolutely have time for a project.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

kiimo posted:

Oh that's good, he's projected around 12 but go ahead and say idiotic poo poo and drop yourself to 17 and immediately cost yourself about 1.5m from the get-go.

It's even dumber considering that a lot of the teams that would be interested in him around there would be really good options.

Draftexpress have Charlotte taking him at 9 (Jordan's team, need a PF, just made the playoffs), after that is Philly, who have the ROY, Noel, and the #3 pick, then Denver, who are a playoff team when healthy and would probably be interested, next is Orlando who's PF spot is up for grabs and have the #4 pick, and then Minny who might be trading Kevin Love.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

morestuff posted:

Charlotte's probably going to re-sign Josh McRoberts, and they just took Cody Zeller, so they don't really need a power forward. I think it'd be an interesting pick, though, even if he stays in Europe a year. From what I understand he can play both forward spots, and Zeller can hopefully slide to center (especially as he gains muscle).

Yeah I guess "need a PF" is hyperbole. I thought that Cody Zeller was more of a center, but I haven't watched the Bobcats much recently.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Moving up seems to have gotten harder recently. I think teams want to avoid looking like Chicago did when they swapped Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

EvanTH posted:

Hah well the Knicks have the Thunder's second round pick so I think they'll get Embiid with that.

According to realgm's list, that pick went to Toronto as part of the Bargnani trade.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

All NY has in the next 4 years are their 2015 and 2017 first rounds picks and maybe their 2016 second round pick depending on where it falls.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

quote:

I'd say his red flags are that he has absolutely no outside game, but I don't know why you would ever want him playing outside of the paint anyways. I guess it could create some paint spacing problems for his team if he can't rotate to the wing though.

Unless Randle is paired with one of the 5 centers in the league who are a threat on offense other teams are going to just put a center on him and shut him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

You could literally say that about any PF in the draft, its a really dumb argument

True, but teams make a guess about who can develop an outside game and who can't. The consensus seems to be that Randle probably won't.

• Locked thread