Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MourningView posted:

goddammit is that stupid kid still not dead?

I still hate that kid because of the way his dad said Nicky Boy! over and over again after the Cavs got the #1, as if that kid had any loving thing to do with random ping pong balls bouncing around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oh I didn't know Nick Gilbert had neurofibromatosis. That's lovely.

Poor kid.

gently caress Dan Gilbert and that stupid bowtie though

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Simmons owned last night. The only thing that makes this acceptable is that the Cavs will undoubtedly ruin whoever they draft.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What role would Payne settle into? He looked like a pretty decent ranged shooter whenever I watched him. What's his ceiling, Channing Frye?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cleveland was trying to sick tradez everyone last year with their #1 and no one bit on their (rumored) ridiculous asking price. I wonder if they try that again this year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Speaking of which how would Noel + Embiid shake out?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MourningView posted:

I don't think it'd be that bad. Embiid has show flashes of being able to operate from the high post.

What about space offensively for the guards/wings? Wouldn't Embiid and Noel clog the lane?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Excluding Embiid, how likely are some of the lottery guys gonna bust at the next level? Who has the bustiest profile?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

I want Embiid over parker. Athletic and skilled big men are so sexy.

You'd make a fine NBA GM

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

the_american_dream posted:

And now we have no significant pick in a loaded draft. This rebuild will go just swell

Welcome to a third of what it feels like to be a Knicks fan

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Could you compare prospects to different types of food instead?

Randle is clearly a happy meal

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

For at least the first year their offense would be the ugliest thing in the world. Who's taking shots from the outside on that team?

Ilyasova?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I know we all get creeped out by high school highlight videos but this poo poo is infinitely more creepy and disconcerting.

Also I'm considering becoming a Sixers fan again like 8 year old me was when AI played. Who should I cheer for them to draft with their second pick?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

How much could an NBA player drink and not have adverse effects. They are big dudes. 5 drinks a night?

Judging from watching Kenny Britt at Rutgers frat parties, very little.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

Dario Saric will reportedly come to the NBA if he is drafted by the Lakers or Celtics.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/471959456096342017

He has watched basketball only from the 70's-80's apparently.

Well yeah, he's an Eastern Euro. They just got Space Jam over there.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
But the Sixers already have a ton of young guys with a poo poo ton of cap room. Shouldn't be unrealistic that they'd trade up, land Wiggins, develop the core group of Wiggins/MCW/Noel, then add some great veteran help at PF/SF.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rick posted:

The draft is a lot less fun when your team never has a first round pick, ever.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MourningView posted:

That mock has Utah taking Vonleh and Hariston which is pretty much my dream draft so I chose to believe it.

Randle was falling a little bit anyway just because Gordon and Vonleh seem to have passed him on a lot of boards, but yeah it's hard to imagine him falling all the way out of the lottery.

Is Vonleh going to be a PF at the next level or will they stick him at the 5?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

It continues.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
Don't understand Julius Rande's strategy of trying to discredit @WojYahooNBA. There is an issue w/his foot. Heard same from multiple teams.

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/477150246146166784

I believe Randle is pissed because Woj coming out and reporting it makes it seem like it's a fresh piece of news that no one in the NBA knew about. Every exec in the NBA probably knew Randle was getting surgery for months now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Come to beautiful Philadelphia where we still wear blackface whenever the Flyers play the Habs

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mks5000 posted:

A starting lineup of MCW/Wiggins/Lebron/Randel/Noel

:smuggo:

That looks nearly identical to the Sixers teams I run into the ground in 2k14 to pick up Lebron in FA the next year.

What's everyone's opinion on Rodney Hood? He seems like he has the skillset and the physical ability to go much higher than I'm seeing him slotted at.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

Chad Ford has the Kings taking Elfrid Payton, which...uh...kind of makes sense given what the FO and coaching staff is always saying/doing. Please someone tell me he's not just an Iman Shumpert who can pass

Shumpert can pass. What he can't do is have anything resembling a consistent offensive game. He's MKG in SG form.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rick posted:

He has a weird little hop in his shot but his upper form is right which is the important part.

He's got a fat man jumper that will only become fatter and less jumpier as he ages ala Big Al

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

Sixers will take Embiid and keep both him and Noel cryogenically frozen so that they can tank for one more season

Hitting the floor for Okafor!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Even if Embiid has a broken foot the Sixers should still pick him up. I don't see why they wouldn't if he drops to them.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

pylb posted:

Would it have a leg to stand on ?

Two, in total

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

He's also a bit of a tweener. Don't get me wrong I think he will overcome that. Just saying his length isn't ideal for a 4.

Being powerful is as important as being tall down low. Barkley conquered the 90's with his powerful buttocks despite being no taller than a common 4th grader

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

I get that but Randle's offensive numbers do have a couple notes that should be considered. Only 20.9% of his offense came from post-ups, which is just average. He shot 39.3% when he shot on post-up opportunities which isn't good. From Draft Express there's also this..."Jump shooting is another area of his game that stands out, as he shot only 17.3% on jump shots logged by Synergy, with the 0.40 points per possession he scored on those attempts being the lowest mark in this power forward class."

Of course you could say look man this dude is a double double machine who passes the eye test and I would agree with you.

Randle always struck me as a guy that you excuse for missing a shot because he'll be mauling to grab the offensive rebound and get it up again. No matter what he's going to be bruising and that takes a toll on opposing defenses after a while.

He's not some potential perennial top 5 all star but he should be a good presence on any team. My real issue with him is I don't believe he passes much once the ball hits his hands.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I see nothing wrong with the Sixers grabbing Embiid. They're not going to be competitive next year either short of a miracle FA signing.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

‏@KBergCBS
Four players moving up teams' draft boards: Shabazz Napier, Kyle Anderson, Elfrid Payton and Jusuf Nurkic, league sources say.

The LeBron Effect

I wish sports teams would do away with GMs and just let star players build the team around them like when people grab pickup teams.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

Exum not wanting to work out for people has dropped my consideration of him, but I still think he goes top-5.

Didn't he only not want to work out for the Cavs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

R.D. Mangles posted:

Does Aaron Gordon have a highlight real where is only offensive move is violently dunking on eastern europeans who have to stub out their cigs at the free throw line?

My favorite thing about the Jan Vesely highlight reels are that they included his free throws

• Locked thread