Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
How long do teams have to pick for the 2nd round and on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
5 minutes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

No there's not.

sure there is, there's Dustin Vaughn and Keith Wenning

e: and Brett Smith!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

:woop:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Sadly there aren't anymore safeties after the drafted 4.

Maybe I'm wrong about today. Maybe Mosely will be the next Kuechly and he and Arthur Brown will form the best LB pair in the league for years to come.

Right :( ?

Mosely will be fine, and there's one or two Day 2 safeties that are worth the pick, I think it's the FSU guy and Reynolds on Stanford.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you act like both of them don't own

you're wrong

e: besides, like I've said about 20 times already, Oakland's QB of the future is in next years draft.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Alouicious posted:

e: and Brett Smith!
Draft Jordan Lynch run Wishbone

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Abugadu posted:

Mosely will be fine, and there's one or two Day 2 safeties that are worth the pick, I think it's the FSU guy and Reynolds on Stanford.

I just really like Arthur Brown and Daryl Smith. BPA I guess but Mosely has to be loving amazing to justify that pick.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

you act like both of them don't own

you're wrong

e: besides, like I've said about 20 times already, Oakland's QB of the future is in next years draft.

Al is dead dude. When you project something to happen for them, ask yourself "would this be exciting?" If yes, throw it out, it won't happen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Draft Jordan Lynch run Wishbone

Jordan Lynch, Angel Santiago and Keenan Reynolds in a magic 1920s superoption team

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
@mattbarrows: Trent Baalke said the nickel position plays 60% of the defensive snaps. "So that's a starter in our opinion," he said of Ward's likely spot.

@TaylorPrice49: Baalke: "We had a couple of inquiries about trading back and we didn't feel good about it... We feel the value was there (with Ward at 30)."

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Alouicious posted:

Jordan Lynch, Angel Santiago and Keenan Reynolds in a magic 1920s superoption team
Baby keep talkin' dirty to me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Al is dead dude. When you project something to happen for them, ask yourself "would this be exciting?" If yes, throw it out, it won't happen.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I think Johnathan Dowling is an intriguing Day 3 safety.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Volkerball thanks for being a friend during these troubled Blake Bortles times :)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

JT Jag posted:

Volkerball thanks for being a friend during these troubled Blake Bortles times :)

You got a franchise QB that is like your own Big Ben! That's really cool

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Zypher posted:

I think Johnathan Dowling is an intriguing Day 3 safety.

If I'm being completely honest I like Dion Bailey in the late 3rd or 4th.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

JT Jag posted:

Again, sorry bro.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

JT Jag posted:

Remember, your new catchphrase is "Now you're thinking with Bortles!"

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Blake Bortles' Ball Blog Portal

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

wheez the roux posted:

Blake Bortles' Ball Blog Portal
Blake Bortle's Big Bouncy Bubble

What if Blake Bortles was turned into a Bortles Borg

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakEHKq5y1g

e: Big Bad Beetleborts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0I8H9fuxcY

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
aBORTion

I'll get you Bortleeeeeees doesn't have the same ring to it. :sigh:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Teenage Mutant Ninja Bortles: Bortles in Time

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Just caught the post-draft Manziel presser and dude doesn't sound pumped at all. :getin:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Despite earning an extra 1st round pick for next year the Browns drafted two boom/bust prospects so I'm very hopeful that this can set them back a bit.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I go away for a couple of hours and Christmas arrives in May. gently caress yeah Vikings getting Bridgewater!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

For what it's worth I think Bortles could work really well for you guys, he just can't be allowed to start immediately. Fortunately, you've got Henne to start right now.

Unfortunately, we have JJ-veon. :getin:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
People love them some drafting

quote:

@TwitterSports 17m

More than 6.4 million global Tweets were sent with terms related to the #NFLDraft during the live telecast (8:00 pm - 12:00 am EST)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

For what it's worth I think Bortles could work really well for you guys, he just can't be allowed to start immediately. Fortunately, you've got Henne to start right now.

Unfortunately, we have JJ-veon. :getin:

It looks like we might have a ClownCarr coming to Houston :derp:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Apparently Carr has like a 39% completion rate under pressure I changed my mind gently caress that dude

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

It looks like we might have a ClownCarr coming to Houston :derp:

We'll see; I think they go for Su'a-Filo or some non-QB at 33 (assuming no trade down), actually.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Apparently Carr has like a 39% completion rate under pressure I changed my mind gently caress that dude

TRADE

YES YES YES YES YES

VIKINGS

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK gently caress gently caress

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blitz7x posted:

To be fair "pressure" behind his line was 4 guys piled on his duodenum.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Blitz7x posted:

His offense last year also had a hilarious number of screen passes.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

Teddy was 80% :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

We'll see; I think they go for Su'a-Filo or some non-QB at 33 (assuming no trade down), actually.

Nix!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bhsman posted:

I'd be fine with that. With a DT our line would be mind blowing.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Your line is already mind blowing. With Nix it would be on paper better than St.Louis, which I'm forced to assume is impossible. Donald was a great get for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Your line is already mind blowing. With Nix it would be on paper better than St.Louis, which I'm forced to assume is impossible. Donald was a great get for them.

Yea I'm pretty sure St. Louis, the Texans, and the Jets have the best D-lines in the league and now the Rams are absurd. I mean holy poo poo they're loaded with talent. The Bucs have ONE GUY as good as any of their four starters.

• Locked thread