Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I hope Goodell notices people don't boo Troy Vincent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miami got a super reliable WR and an offensive lineman with (apparently?) lots of potential.

@dpbrugler: If he learns to sink his hips and not bend so much at the waist, I'm confident OL Billy Turner will make a few Pro Bowls #Dolphins

I am pretty happy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a pretty lame pick for the Browns but I guess you can't dominate at every slot.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Miami got a super reliable WR and an offensive lineman with (apparently?) lots of potential.

@dpbrugler: If he learns to sink his hips and not bend so much at the waist, I'm confident OL Billy Turner will make a few Pro Bowls #Dolphins

I am pretty happy.

You should be. Both should be competent linemen and if Landry can get open he'll be the best WR from this draft.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was a lot happier before I found out Jeremy Hill is a rapist.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I was a lot happier before I found out Jeremy Hill is a rapist.
I hate him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's the NFL for you. :negative:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm happy with what Washington did.

Good job and I can't wait to finish 3rd in the most popular division in football.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's a pretty lame pick for the Browns but I guess you can't dominate at every slot.

I don't know. I'm fine with it in the sense that we need all the OT/OG help possible to keep Manziel alive.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
As if Johnny Football would just loiter around in a clean pocket. If it holds up longer then three seconds he's going to implode it himself, just to watch it burn.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So far the Patriots have drafted a cripple and a clipboard holder. GJ fellas.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The entire Eagles draft is really stupid

1st: Trade down, get burned, and reeeeeeach

2nd: Wrong receiver. Robinson >> Matthews. (OK, this the PSU homer. I dont know much about Matthews. I just really wanted ARob)

3rd. Trade down again, give away a free Louis Nix for a homer WR. Who needs defense wooooo :suicide:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Harlock posted:

Y'all are being a little too harsh on Clinton Dix. For where he was picked and his position, I think he will be a fine starter. Bonus points if he becomes a superstar, but he should be a regular for years to come.

I'd be more than happy if he is a starter for years to come. Even if he's the AJ Hawk of safeties.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DOOP posted:

2nd: Wrong receiver. Robinson >> Matthews. (OK, this the PSU homer. I dont know much about Matthews. I just really wanted ARob)

3rd. Trade down again, give away a free Louis Nix for a homer WR. Who needs defense wooooo :suicide:
Definitely a PSU homer

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

DOOP posted:

That homer WR needed a family.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
But hey he played for Chip in college!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
nfl.com has a pretty good tracker

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker/by-round#dt-by-round-input:3/dt-tabs:dt-by-round

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If we could replace long named tight end dude with Mettenberger I'd be very pleased with the draft so far

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

If we could replace long named tight end dude with Mettenberger I'd be very pleased with the draft so far

You don't want Mettenberger :-/

Edit at least not nearly this early

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Intruder posted:

The TE will be good and no one is going to take Mettenburg.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm a fan of the Panthers day two picks.

Ealy on the surface doesn't make a huge amount of sense given the Panthers have Johnson under contract for another two years and Hardy on the roster but the Panthers are still cash strapped for another two years and they're going to have to throw a boatload of money at Cam, there's also the future pieces like Star and Kuechly who'll need contracts in the future. Hardy wants to be paid and while I think the possibility exists for the Panthers to cut down johnson's massive cap hit and possibly keep Hardy it makes sens to have a back up plan, especially one who can slot in if there's an injury or simply to give them a spell. It's a nice pick considering the back end of the defense is in shambles and will need a dominant rush to not suck spectacularly.

The guard pick I could take or leave considering there was still some good corner and WR talent on board, but I get it, Silatolu and Kugbila have had injury issues and last year the Panthers resorted to a converted DLinemen (he played ok), it never hurts to get a guard who's a standout run blocker.

Hoping for either Rashaad Reynolds (he'd be a great scheme fit) or Abbredis tomorrow though I doubt either last that long.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
Who the gently caress is Dexter McDougle? Besides that, yay Jace Amaro.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Pats had a bad 2nd day of the draft.

Oh well.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kalli posted:

The Pats had a bad 2nd day of the draft.

Oh well.

The soil is fertile with poo poo and maybe a turd blossom will grow like Tom Brady did

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Right now, I'm convincing myself the Browns will take Martavis Bryant. Because otherwise I don't know who the gently caress Johnny is throwing to other than Cameron.

Otherwise, still a solid draft. New RT to move Schwartz inside and fire Lauvao into the sun. We got Ben Tate insurance at RB. Who knows, maybe the Iowa dude can be better than Craig "replacement level" Robertson at ILB.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I want to like the RB pick but I feel like the Steelers are already drowning in pretty good RBs and we still dont have a CB

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I want to like the RB pick but I feel like the Steelers are already drowning in pretty good RBs and we still dont have a CB

With the the Steelers compensatory 3rd round pick in the 2014 draft, the Steelers replace Mike Wallace with mini-Mike Wallace

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Jaguars traded up twice, picked four players in three rounds, still have five picks in the four rounds remaining.

Bortles.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seahawks addressed the positions I wanted them to address, but not in the order no with the prospects I had hoped.

Homie is 165 pounds 6 ft.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've said it before but I really don't want to finish the second half of Michael Holley's War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team until they win another Super Bowl because I want the book to have a happy ending. Now it's like if you found out happily ever after for Disney movies was living together above a converted garage, working part-time hours at a coffee shop because none of their skills are transferable to the modern economy.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
After taking a hybrid safety, the Niners get Carlos Hyde, Marcus Martin, Chris Borland and Brandon Thomas on day 2. Plus seven picks tomorrow.

This draft is peak Baalke.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
News: Packers draft four guys in two days.

Views:

Telomerase posted:

High-floor, low ceiling guy in the first; high production receiver from a tiny school in the 2nd who will become a great player; and a forgettable DT in the 3rd

same as it ever was.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sweet thursday posted:

I've said it before but I really don't want to finish the second half of Michael Holley's War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team until they win another Super Bowl because I want the book to have a happy ending.

Them never winning a Super Bowl again IS the happy ending tho

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Eags having a mediocre draft so far but BUT ... I can't really guess with pass rushers because of their bust rate, I won't know if that pick sucks until he actually plays over the next couple of years. The only pick that would be more Chip Kelly than Josh Huff would be if Chip had drafted another QB.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There was some complaining in the draft thread but Terrance West is a really good RB. Best FCS back I've ever seen and I watch a lot of FCS. Real smart and patient. I think he'll be a solid all-around back in the NFL.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Seahawks addressed the positions I wanted them to address, but not in the order no with the prospects I had hoped.

Homie is 165 pounds 6 ft.

Said he was up to 180 in his interview. Also said he played in college in the "high 150s" :stare:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I mean, clearly I have faith in the FO, but the man is rail thin.

Example: Golden Tate played at 200

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Intruder posted:

We should've just picked Nix there, the TE is a fifth-round talent and Mett would've been available with our lower fourth pick because :420:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I'm a fan of the Panthers day two picks.

Ealy on the surface doesn't make a huge amount of sense given the Panthers have Johnson under contract for another two years and Hardy on the roster but the Panthers are still cash strapped for another two years and they're going to have to throw a boatload of money at Cam, there's also the future pieces like Star and Kuechly who'll need contracts in the future. Hardy wants to be paid and while I think the possibility exists for the Panthers to cut down johnson's massive cap hit and possibly keep Hardy it makes sens to have a back up plan, especially one who can slot in if there's an injury or simply to give them a spell. It's a nice pick considering the back end of the defense is in shambles and will need a dominant rush to not suck spectacularly.

The guard pick I could take or leave considering there was still some good corner and WR talent on board, but I get it, Silatolu and Kugbila have had injury issues and last year the Panthers resorted to a converted DLinemen (he played ok), it never hurts to get a guard who's a standout run blocker.

Hoping for either Rashaad Reynolds (he'd be a great scheme fit) or Abbredis tomorrow though I doubt either last that long.

Basically this. Nothing flashy. Get some dudes. No drastic moves until you can climb out of cap hell. Hope you can find enough cap casualties to sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kedzie
Dec 13, 2004

they all float down here
I like that the Bears at least have a lot of DTs on the roster right now. Let's see how the defensive line comes together in training camp.

• Locked thread