Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like what your team did in the draft?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 216 60.34%
No 20 5.59%
lol 65 18.16%
gently caress 38 10.61%
I'm a Skins fan, is something going on right now? 19 5.31%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I want to like the RB pick but I feel like the Steelers are already drowning in pretty good RBs and we still dont have a CB

I actually like their second day a lot better. Tuitt is an absolute beast and will be starting at LDE if not opening day, then soon after. Dri Archer is just an all around loving cool dude and will be one of the best returners in the league, which is nice since it means Antonio Brown doesn't have to do punts anymore and because we haven't had a good KR outside of him doing it for a season for along rear end time. Plus he's the scat back we've been looking for. It's more of a luxury pick but gently caress it it looks like the second and third rounds were kind of crazy, there were no WR worth taking there, and Colbert and the coaching staff clearly don't give a poo poo about finding decent new CB.

Also poor loving Allen Robinson. Of all the teams to draft him, the loving jaguars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I know, SMH. And they don't even need a receiver.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're apparently cutting loose with Blackmon (at least that's what Caldwell implied in the presser), so I guess it makes sense

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sweeney Tom posted:

They're apparently cutting loose with Blackmon (at least that's what Caldwell implied in the presser), so I guess it makes sense

Cool he'll be first in line to have chad henne throw it to an opposing safety or blake bortles bomb it 15 yards out of bounds because he's got the bad jaguars mojo now

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sweeney Tom posted:

It would be cool to see him pull a reverse Jimmy Smith and to become an all-pro with another team after spending his first few years in Jacksonville.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

TheGreyGhost posted:

Right now, I'm convincing myself the Browns will take Martavis Bryant. Because otherwise I don't know who the gently caress Johnny is throwing to other than Cameron.

Otherwise, still a solid draft. New RT to move Schwartz inside and fire Lauvao into the sun. We got Ben Tate insurance at RB. Who knows, maybe the Iowa dude can be better than Craig "replacement level" Robertson at ILB.

I'd also be ok with them drafting L'Damian Washington. Mostly because I watched that Grantland video and I just really want someone to give him money.

The rest of the picks are really good in a "filled basically every need on the team except for the gaping hole at wide receiver that we mysteriously have now" way. Kirksey should absolutely play over Robertson, they're similar athletes but Kirksey can like... cover people. And tackle. Things that sometimes happen. West is :3: as hell and sounds super hyped to play anywhere at all, also seems like Alfred Morris which worked pretty well for Shanahan before. Bitonio was the popular pick for best sleeper lineman, a possible center if Mack leaves but otherwise a great upgrade at guard or tackle. Still aghast that someone paid Shawn Lauvao to play for them.

Hopefully they can pull off some Seahawks Magic in wide receiver UDFA land, I guess, because otherwise the team actually looks really solid.

Level1Wizard
Aug 10, 2010
*not meant for the day 1 thread* oops

Level1Wizard fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 10, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The national championship against Auburn, at least you'll watch a fun game. Maybe Clemson too? Not a fun game but they might show up more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Edit: someone should close this thread.

• Locked thread