Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

And now for some more news in this thread!
I've been LPing the Hatoful Boyfriend series for almost a year now, and since it's nearing the end, I'd like to give a proper send-off. I have a number of copies of the Hatoful HD release for Steam, both standard and collector's edition, and so I'd like to raffle them off to you, my loyal viewers! Just make a post here stating that you want to enter (or you can do the same on my Tweeter, @ChorpSaway) and your name will be added to the list (also try to add alittle discussion to your post as well so we don't just have a wall of entries)! I'll close admission and do the raffle once the thread finishes (which should be in about a week or so), so you have plenty of time to join!
So send in your entries and prepare to spread the bird love!

Edit: Oh hey, there's a new page, so reminder that there's an update at the bottom of the last page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I would like to enter the raffle.

As for discussion, Albert is clearly a raven, not a crow, unless Japan has crows that look fairly different from North American ones. That beak is way too big.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

ChorpSaway posted:

And now for some more news in this thread!
I've been LPing the Hatoful Boyfriend series for almost a year now, and since it's nearing the end, I'd like to give a proper send-off. I have a number of copies of the Hatoful HD release for Steam, both standard and collector's edition, and so I'd like to raffle them off to you, my loyal viewers! Just make a post here stating that you want to enter (or you can do the same on my Tweeter, @ChorpSaway) and your name will be added to the list (also try to add alittle discussion to your post as well so we don't just have a wall of entries)! I'll close admission and do the raffle once the thread finishes (which should be in about a week or so), so you have plenty of time to join!
So send in your entries and prepare to spread the bird love!

Edit: Oh hey, there's a new page, so reminder that there's an update at the bottom of the last page!

Me! mememememe! :birddrugs:

Miru and Kaku are pretty much mascot characters but somehow more entertaining than intolerable.

We only have the teachers side-story left, right?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I'm really interested to see the extra content, but I'm still not entirely sure I want to play through the entire game myself, since an LP of a VN is by and large the same experience. I'll probably do it eventually one way or the other, though, so I may as well enter the raffle.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

As for discussion, Albert is clearly a raven, not a crow, unless Japan has crows that look fairly different from North American ones. That beak is way too big.

But he has to be a crow for the pun to work, don't you see? Instead of a murder of crows, he's a crow of murder.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'll give it a go.

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

Gus Hobbleton posted:

I would like to enter the raffle.

That's likely a bit of translation confusion, as "crow" and "raven" share the same word in Japanese (からす).

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Yes, a craven!

No, wait, hmm...

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'll toss my hat in for a go at the raffle!

The game really does shine through as well written and having a ton of love put into it. I can't not smile at all the silly and crazy :birddrugs: things that happen. It's probably one of the more awesome things I've seen in a long while. It ain't the end of the thread yet, but thanks for showing it off so well, and I look forward to see how this is going to end up!

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Sakuya just can't have a normal butler or a normal brother or a normal cheerleading routine or a normal anything, sheesh.

I would also like to enter the raffle!

DaniDaniDanica
Dec 25, 2012
I would also like to enter the raffle!

Also, the story is continuing as a web series much in the same vein as the April Fools' day thing (No dialogue options, just story). It has yet to be translated into English, but people are working on it now, so hopefully we'll be able to see it too. Also, according to Hato Moa herself, Hatoful Boyfriend characters will be making cameo appearances in an iOS/Android game apparently called Super Glyph Quest? They'll be showing up in Absolute Zero gear, so you too can do battle with Wallenstein... presumably.

Never ending bird boyfriends for everyone.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I would like to enter too, please.

I'd like to see a Mister One side story or two, with or without Yuuya involved. If the butler gets a short story, original Kazuaki got all his additional stuff, etc then there should be cockatiel content too-there's lots of places that could go, especially in regards to the hawk/dove party.

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 14, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'd totally like to enter too. This game's hilarious.

Also Sakuya is a total badass. Instead of fearing the guy who would've killed him had another guy not tried the same, he decides to hire him. It's both genius (because now Albert can't kill him without Sakuya's approval) and insanely ballsy (because nobody normal would want an assassin with them 24/7). Oh, Sakuya, you so cool.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I would love to get on the :birddrugs: train. I also want to see the Azami ending that they supposedly added to the Steam version.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sure, toss another hat in the raffle for a hit of :birddrugs:!

All things considered, having the world's best assassin as your butler is as close as you can get to having your own Alfred Pennyworth, with the added appeal of having your own for-hire Kavorkian. Say what you will about Sakuya, but that was a pretty drat good move.

Niel
Mar 5, 2013
Christ, Sakuya's pretty ballsy, isn't he.

Also sign me up for the raffle please!

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
That's rather crafty of you, Sakuya. Hopefully the signal isn't too easy to be performed accidentally, or we'll have a dead noble on our hands. :v:
Yuuya seemed kind of out of character here, jumping to conclusions and acting rather rashly. Though I'll forgive him since his dear brother is involved and he can't really afford hesitation. Such a caring brother. :3:

And I'll gladly join in the raffle!

SavoyMarionette
May 23, 2007
I speak only the truth.
I'd like to enter the raffle as well. This has been one of my favorite LPs and I'd love to show this game off to my SO.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I really like how Sakuya put out a hit on himself as a means of self-defense. That was a pretty clever way of resolving it.

I'd like to join the raffle for my own dose of :birddrugs:

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I would like to join the raffle! This Azami route that I won't see otherwise intrigues me!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So Sakuya is not completely hapless in matters of intrigue, after all.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Glazius posted:

So Sakuya is not completely hapless in matters of intrigue, after all.

He just really doesn't want to be arsed with it normally, it looks like.

That said, I'm wondering what exactly puts Yuuya into (percieved) "mongrel" status when Sakuya apparently has three other half-brothers.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

KataraniSword posted:

He just really doesn't want to be arsed with it normally, it looks like.

That said, I'm wondering what exactly puts Yuuya into (percieved) "mongrel" status when Sakuya apparently has three other half-brothers.

The other three half-brothers are still members of the Le Bel family. Yuuya isn't related to that family at all. Sakuya's and Yuuya's mother married into the Le Bel after Yuuya was born.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I would also like to enter the raffle! I also now kinda want a side-story with the Le Bel family. Five siblings, with four different mothers between them, sounds like a fun Christmas dinner :allears:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I guess I'll have to learn how to use steam, because I want it.

For discussion: man, Sakuya is a dick to his brother. I already knew that, but jeez.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 14, 2014

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm definitely joining this raffle!

Also, as someone who never thought too much of Sakuya beforehand, seeing him pull of such a genius move immediately gave me much more respect for him. That kind of plan takes some serious brainmuscle to pull off.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I'm pretty sure I've dropped in before, but I'd just like to say thanks for doing these LPs. I'd heard about Hatoful years ago and thought it was a funny idea but I'd never have imagined that it was actually this well written if you hadn't posted your LP. I'm not actually entering the raffle since I preordered the collector's edition myself, but thanks for being cool and doing that too!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wow, this game switches genres as easily as turning a page.

Ill join in for the raffle.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Another for the raffle!

The Bee posted:

Also, as someone who never thought too much of Sakuya beforehand, seeing him pull of such a genius move immediately gave me much more respect for him. That kind of plan takes some serious brainmuscle to pull off.
And a lot of outside-the-box thinking, too. "Can I put in a hit on myself?" "...I guess so?" "Well let's just do that then!"

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Add me to the raffle! :buddy:

Honestly I'm a little surprised that Sakuya had the sort if mind to come up with that; he tends to come off as a tad... dense. Not stupid, mind, just dense. Still, this plan of his made me like him more. It's just so cunning and twisty of him.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Sakuya is highly intelligent, but also boxed in by his assumptions and very bad at recognizing when he's wrong. He's clearly adept at political maneuvering and extremely capable within the world of noble intrigue, but he's so bought into that world he has no way of dealing with 'commoners' and rarely recognizes that people outside of his little high-class bubble could be meaningful allies or adversaries.

So, yeah, dealing with a notorious and extremely dangerous assassin? No problem. Dealing with Goon? Dude's not gonna go five seconds without making himself look like a pompous fool.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I don't know why you're all so surprised. Sakuya is a badass

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

Sakuya is highly intelligent, but also boxed in by his assumptions and very bad at recognizing when he's wrong. He's clearly adept at political maneuvering and extremely capable within the world of noble intrigue, but he's so bought into that world he has no way of dealing with 'commoners' and rarely recognizes that people outside of his little high-class bubble could be meaningful allies or adversaries.

So, yeah, dealing with a notorious and extremely dangerous assassin? No problem. Dealing with Goon? Dude's not gonna go five seconds without making himself look like a pompous fool.

Alternatively, Sakuya was so full of himself that concern for his life never occurred to him because the world would work itself out in his favor.

Still, some pretty nifty quick thinking.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, even knowing how crazy things got in BBL that was still way more dark than I was expecting. The worst part wasn't even the suicide plan itself, it was how he couldn't just fake it for a little while longer to let the real Kazuaki just die in peace. Instead, his last moments were spent freaking out about how he'd been lied to and thinking now he didn't really want to die.

I don't think Hitori's one of my favorite characters anymore. :(

Yeah, I wish the real Kazuaki had just learned about it after his death--this just makes Hitori cartoonishly sadistic, where his actions would have been even creepier if he was soothingly lying to Kazuaki as he died.

And add me to the raffle, please! I bought both games after your first LP, but man I need that new route.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Preliminary Inspection

Yes, I believe so. We went abroad once, but travelling has gotten harder, with all the efforts being made to prevent the spread of the infection.
Airplanes are scary, so I’m glad we’re not doing that anymore…
And Kyoto has all kinds of nice foods. I can’t wait…!

The group activities for the first day would be--
Lunch after we arrive, then to the Rokkaku-Dou. After that, two hours of free time.
We’ll have to make sure we’re prepared for the trip. Apparently there’s a shop in the entertainment district called Tsujiri that sells really good parfaits!
And after that, Yasaka Shrine… It might be better to have everyone meet up somewhere near the business district, instead of going back to Rokkaku-Dou.
That will give everyone a little more free time. What do you think, doctor?
A lot of them will probably go to Kyougoku, so that seems reasonable.
And there’s a cute little candy shop near Kamogawa…

I’ll keep track of the time. Shall we go?
I think so. It’s very helpful to have you along, Prof. Uzune.
Ramune is supposed to be really good this time of year, too… I can’t wait!
…Wait… huh?

Horikawa Liquors… Nishikikouji Dry Goods… These all look like pretty old buildings.
This is a very secluded neighborhood. We’ll have to make sure the students don’t get too carried away as we’re going through.
The whole city is like this, aside from the business district. A killing or an abduction or two could happen on any of these streets and no one would ever know.
Let’s try to keep the threatening conversation to a minimum while travelling, all right, Doctor? They say old demons are attracted by that sort of thing.
Demons…? If there are any here I’d love to take one home to examine.
-pant-… -pant-……

We haven’t even been here half a day. Here, have some tea.
Aah… Thank you, Uzune… Maybe I should have Iwamine take a look at me and make sure I’m doing okay…
I am here to prepare for the field trip. I have no obligation to look after you.
Uzuneeee…!

Waaahh!
What is it? You sound as if you regret ever having been born.
Aaah… I… I do think I shouldn’t have been born…
Uzuneeee! Iwameanie is picking on me again!
Oh, yes, it would seem so. Yes. What happened?
Ah… Umm… Umm…
Spit it out already. You are being a waste of time.
Err… Umm…

The music stops.

You forgot the slip!?

O-Oh, no! And the map was with it!? You were the one who said you could carry the light things!
I-I’m sorry…!
What was the inn called? At any rate, I can call ahead. And then--

The music stops.

That… That’s true. If we can just find it--

It is the same place as last year. Do not worry, I remember where it is.
Aah, perfect!
I’m really, really sorry… I-I really should just die…
Do you want to jump off right here?
Nooooo! If I did that I’d die!

The music stops.

Uzune! Uzuneee!
…Mm… What is it?
Oh, good! You were awake!
I wasn’t… You just woke me up.
Don’t talk like that. It’s scary…! We’re friends, aren’t we?
But this is work.
We’re at the inn now, it’s okay…!

Umm… I need to… go…
Good night.
Uzuneeee…!
Go by yourself. There aren’t any ghosts here.
B-but this is Kyoto! There are definitely ghosts…!
Even if there are they won’t eat you or anything…
You just don’t have any sixth sense!
It’s fine… Good night…

We’ll just go for a little while. We have time, right?
This episode mentioned plenty places from the real world. Since we’re here, we’ll be introducing a few of the pigeon-relevant locations in Kyoto!
Yaaay, Uzune is going to show us around Kyoto…!
You’re going to do some explaining, too.
Wh-what…!?
You were just here for the preliminary inspection!
I-I can’t! All I did was follow you and Iwamine around…
The doctor already went home. He said he’s busy and doesn’t want to do overtime… Oh, well, I guess I’ll just go ahead by myself.

He bathed here and had it built?? That sounds a little strange…
If you’re interested, try looking it up online. It’s a place with a lot of history, so you should be able to find plenty of information.
Rokkaku-dou is in the center of the city, and is easily accessible from the Kyoto and Kawahara stations. Here, let's look at the map.

There we go.
This map is confusing! I’d get lost trying to follow it!
You would get lost trying to follow a proper map, too.
Aah…
We’re introducing Rokkaku-dou because, as you can see, there are lots of pigeons inside the compound.

Do they have any quails…?
No.
-sniff-…

The doves here are used to humans and very aggressive, and they’ll charge at you in a flock if they see a bag of seeds. You might want to wear long sleeves if you have delicate skin.
Waaaaah! Wait! Don’t just take the whole bag! Come back! Aaaaah!

I know this one! “Your enemy is in Honnouji”, right?
Yes, this is Honnouji. It’s famous for the Honnouji Incident, when one of Oda Nobunaga’s generals forced him to commit suicide in the temple.
It’s about twenty minutes by foot from Rokkaku-Dou… It’s a little bit far, so you might want to take the train instead. It’s one stop.
Are there pigeons here, too? This time I’ll touch them without having them steal my seeds…!
No, there are no pigeons.
There aren’t? Then why are we introducing it…?

The… dove perch temple…?
It’s called the Kyuukyo-Dou.
It’s certainly a very dovey place. What is it?
The Kyuukyo-Dou is a Japanese stationery stop with a history over three hundred years long. It’s right in front of the Honnouji.
Three hundred years? That’s awfully persistent… I should learn from it…

And of course, there’s dove stationery as well. Sometimes they switch it out as a seasonal product, so make sure to check ahead of time.

That was a very pigeon-relevant tour…!
Kyoto is practically made of historical sites and tourist draws, so there’s no real need for us to introduce the famous places. If you look you’ll find plenty of information already available.
That’s true… And there are lots of wonderful things to see…!

The music abruptly stops.

And don’t forget about the Nishikikouji Starbucks! It’s just a five minute walk from the Rokkaku-Dou!

All right! I’m going to enjoy Kyoto to the fullest now! I think first I’ll get some cider candy…
Wait, wait!
What is it? Do you want to come too…?
That store is closed today.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Now that we’ve completed all of the side content we had access to, let’s see what’s unlocked for us!

It seems we have some new character sheets in the Gallery.

Looks like it’s Albert and Leone! Dunno about birds smoking, but those shades look pretty nice on a crow.

And in the radio section, we’ve unlocked the final radio show.
We’ll check that out next time. Look forward to it!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hmm, that Leone JB artwork feels like it lacks something, but what...oh, I know.

Perfect.

Also it's good to know that The King would've kept being a mess with zero self-confidence if he survived. Wouldn't want him to be too OOC, else I might not know who he is.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009
Huh. I wonder when and why Kazuakitori got his narcolepsy.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I believe that was explained with Hitori bleaching his feathers constantly to keep them white so he could properly impersonate Kazuaki. After all, his natural feathers are black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder who would win in a fight between JB and AAA.

• Locked thread