Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Occ, if you ever want a break from this... whatever the gently caress this is, go watch Short Term 12, which is 90 minutes of proof that, separate from this black hole of comedy, Kaitlyn Dever is actually a fantastic young actress.

Also, movie owns and will wash the awful off of you. (you all should watch it, it's on netflix, gogogo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You are a much stronger man than I, Occ.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Occupation posted:

have you seen last man standing, yoshifan

I watched a few episodes of the first season out of curiosity, but it was p bad.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My spoiler loving nature made me look up what happens in the rest of season 2/3.

I'm so happy right now. We get to watch Occ's descent into hell, which is apparently a lovely conservative version of All in the Family.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

That DICK! posted:

I just found out Tim Allen's real name is Tim Dick

Of course you did.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Irish Joe posted:

I have never seen LMS, but having a sympathetic right-leaning character doesn't necessarily mean the show or Allen has a right-leaning agenda.

I don't think the agenda is necessarily blatant Republican propaganda, but I think it's trying to be a combination of Home Improvement and "socially conscious" sitcoms like All in the Family or Roseanne, but it's made by people who are not nearly as liberal as Norman Lear or Early '90s Roseanne Barr (y'know, before she became all about "legalize it" and not a whole lot else).

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainHollywood posted:

I could have sworn you were going to talk more about how in this episode Mike was the one against the use of 'racist' terminology. ("Injuns")

I can't help but wonder if there's a version of this show where Ryan was black at one point.

No, but there is one where he was Nick Jonas as one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Y'know, if you want to come up with a believable "Smart Person College" name, mayyyyyyyyybe don't name it after the county that gave us the show that gave us the show that gave us Heidi Montag.

• Locked thread