Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Thank you for using punctuation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Josh Lyman posted:

I can't wait for the Stockholm syndrome to kick in.

Only took 3 episodes.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Occupation posted:

I'm known around TVIV for being hyperbolic. For saying some things are either "the best" or "the worst", for intentionally exaggerating an opinion about a TV show to get a specific reaction out of people. But when I do that, I have fun. There's an element of enjoyment I get from hating on something and making fun of it. I gain no enjoyment from this review of this garbage. It's honestly made me upset that in the 2010s, people watched this and found this not only not reprehensible, but found it funny. Hundreds of thousands of people. Possibly in the millions of people.

gently caress this loving show.

:allears: I love this thread.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I don't know what happens next, but we're all winners no matter the outcome.

Except Occupation.

:munch: :munch: :munch:

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Occupation posted:

This episode has none of that. The feel of this episode is like an episode of Seinfeld or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, where it's just terrible people abusing and manipulating each other. This is most evidently seen in the B-plot of the episode: Ed loving shoots a bald loving eagle then has to drive out and bury it before he's fined. That's awful! That's a hilariously, terribly awful thing to do. In a Christmas episode even! Mike and Jenny are just as bad, by manipulating others, especially their children, so they don't have to see their miserable faces. The whole episode just works when it drops the pretension and presents these people as horrible messes of human beings manipulating each other, and the writing is uncharacteristically sharp and taut.

I almost want to watch this now :ohdear:

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

If you keep giving every other episode an "F" - how am I supposed to differentiate the bad, the terrible and the truly awful?

MrAristocrates posted:

His sacrifices will give us all more quality entertainment.

He did help provide us with the TV IV random review thread.

I'm going to go watch* a few random episodes of this show and will report back.

*while I do some chores as it's playing in the background. I'm not that sick.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Alright just finished episode Season 2 Episode 13. I may have experienced minor Stockholm Syndrome during the episode because I almost kinda found it....good? It wasn't "terrible" and the plot was straight out of a 60's sitcom but the ending really brought everything together.

Although the B plot was one big :suspense:

:staredog:

SPOILERS - Don't click Occupation, it should be a surprise for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD4hKYZRbkE

Honestly, the whole thing kinda felt like a live action Family Guy without the cutaways.

|
\|/

Fixed.

Also just realized why that one girl looked so familiar. Justified and Party Down :monocle:

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 13, 2014

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Occupation posted:

I dunno if that is a joke but I actually spend serious time figuring out what grade I want to give an episode

Also your link is embedded hollywood

I actually figured as much. I guess it's not so much "unfunny" as it is insulting to your psyche.

I watched the next episode. Meh. Not much to say except for a well timed boner joke.

Also some 'major???' (but obvious) developments at the end of the episode.

gently caress this, I have to catch up on the newest Hannibal, Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley.

Goonspeed Occupation.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 13, 2014

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Last Man Standing
"What's In a Name?"
Season 2, Episode 13

A challenge, readers: pull up Last Man Standing season 2, episode 13, then watch it from 19 minutes in. Try and sit through that. I loving dare you.

[/list]

I posted that video on the last page. :lol: That review was glorious.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Ryan literally uses that as a defense and Mike just straight up ignores it

I could have sworn you were going to talk more about how in this episode Mike was the one against the use of 'racist' terminology. ("Injuns") When just a few episodes ago he found nothing wrong with it.

I can't help but wonder if there's a version of this show where Ryan was black at one point.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 21, 2014

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

Jesus is pretty awesome.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Boyd had a chance to actually be multilingual from a young age and they ripped that away from him. hosed up.

"We have an opportunity to get our son to learn two languages? gently caress that noise!"

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

:golfclap:

In all fairness - if we're supposed to be under the impression that he did the CGI - it's pretty good

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

door Door door posted:

This thread is great and I'd never even heard of this show before. But, in the interest of terribleness, I just wanted to point out that there are still totally sororities like this. Yes, they're in the south. And people even hire consultants to prepare for rushing them. One of my sister's friends went to TCU and everything she's ever told me about the greek life there makes it sound like another planet.

Honestly, that live-watch was one of the most memorable TV moments of the year so far. Right up there with the Hannibal finale, and 3 of Game of Thrones episodes this season.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

este posted:

goldmine

Hahahahhaha

Should have waited. Sorry. It's a lot like the World Cup. Just because a team is winning for 89 minutes 1-0 doesn't mean the game is over.

Is this why deadpool kept asking you "finish the reviews" - MODS KNEW.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Won't be able to make it this time.

Enjoy :getin:

• Locked thread