Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

gently caress me for having nothing to do on a Saturday, I watched it. You poor soul.

I mostly agree with you on all points actually, it was a decently well-thought out plot about race relations and I did laugh out loud at some parts. The Klan eggs and brown paper bag callbacks were genuinely funny. The stumble at the end bothered me because it seemed to basically clarify that Mike is racist, which they tried to step around earlier. He really does think that his black neighbor is more likely to steal his lawnmower, when they could have further couched that in his misanthropy. They try to equate it with the parting jabs at the end, but the neighbor's "kill whitey" schtick doesn't have the same sincerity behind it.

The subplot was only OK because the best daughter is played by the actress who played Loretta on Justified and she's amazing. It wasn't actively offensive though.

And even in one watchable episode you can glimpse into the abyss of Nobama bumper sticker jokes and weird empty sitcom beats. You're going in deep, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yeah, friend of the family-rigged is a bastardization of jury-rigged too. Jury is still the 'correct' version. Jerry-rigged is from jury-rigged but also possibly influenced by the similar phrase jerry-built. But in both jerries' cases, there is no original link to the British use of Jerry in WW2. So Tim Allen is still wrong about politics.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure everone is getting the same message from the show. I found this while trying to look up any other responses to this episode:

edit: actually, that should maybe say FORTUNATELY. some people's common sense of morals overrides the actual messaging of the show.

Ror fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 12, 2014

• Locked thread