Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
Anyone want to tell me why they swapped eldest daughters for season 2+? At first I thought it was because they randomly jumped the grandson up from a mostly pre-verbal toddler to primary school kid and all of a sudden the original actress, who was probably actually pushing 30 knowing how casting works, looked way too young for that not to start being creepy. Then they opened their mouths and I was suddenly wondering if she just left to have no part in that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
The 'Ryan was MIA during Boyd's childhood' confusion is because their find and replace was less than diligent. In season 1 Boyd isn't even in preschool, in fact there is an episode that deals with Mike's frustration that Kristen wants to send him to Pre-Preschool, and by season 2 he is in Kindergarten. When Ryan had been gone for two years in the first season he had basically never been there in Boyd's entire life. Then in season 2 they kept saying he had been gone for a couple years even though they should have moved that amount up about as much as Boyd's age had increased. The most confusing part is that at the beginning of season 2, like the first episode, there are some mentions that Ryan has just returned prior to the premiere. It's some bad book keeping. Like on 70s Show where there are three Christmases and two Halloweens between Eric's 17th and 18th birthdays, or King of the Hill where Bill's house is simultaneously across the street in front of the Hill's house as well as the alley behind it. However I don't like this show so I have less reason to ignore it.

• Locked thread