Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
:siren: Welcome back to SAS NFL Dynasty League! Our trophy board is now 1/4 full (picture forthcoming):siren:
For a history of the SAS Dynasty League, check the First Season, Second Season, and Third Season threads.

League Page: http://www2.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/19565

Owners and Rankings from Last Year:
1 - Backno - Indianapolis Infirmary - 2014 Champion - Back for Season 4 - Paid - Extensions Submitted
2 - Ninek11 - Big Picture - BFC Champion - Back for Season 4 - Paid 7.14 quidditch - Extensions Submitted
3 - Andio - Quarter Inch Gap - WILD CARD - Back for Season 4 - Paid - Extensions Submitted
4 - jabro - Vick Concussion Unit - NFC Champion - Back for Season 4 - Paid $20 - Extensions Submitted
5 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - Back for Season 4 - Extensions Submitted
6 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics - Replacing That Which Squeaks -Paid - Extensions Submitted
7 - mcmagic - Nick Mangold's Beard - Back for Season 4 - Paid - Extensions Submitted
8 - meggypeggs - Kardiac Kids - Back for Season 4 - Paid - Extensions Submitted
9 - Beer4TheBeerGod - Brutal Kunnin' Brutality - Replacing wasianchickn - Paid
10- ffoecaf - Windy City Blowers - Back for Season 4 - Paid - Extensions Submitted
11- Alucard - Cardiac Cats - Movin' on up! - Back for Season 4 - Paid - Extensions Submitted
12- my lovely cat - Diarrhea Guard Action - Back for Season 4 - Paid - Extensions Submitted

This Year's Schedule of Events:
FA Extensions / Franchise Players: Early July (This will let us know who will be available as Free Agents)
Rookie Draft: Starts July 16th @ 12PM EST
Free Agent Draft: August 10th @ 5PM EST
First come first serve free agent pool (locked players): August 17th
Roster Size Shrinks to 24: August 19th
Free agent pool locked: August 26th
Unassigned Contracts Submitted: August 26th
Waivers, FCFS Free Agency (no locked players): August 31-Kickoff Week 1
After this period, normal season waiver / free agent rules apply

Draft and Contracts:
3 lengths of contracts exist:
5 years / 3 years / 1 years
All contract statuses will be listed in the contract status line for a player, and will be designated in quotes for this explanation (e.g. "Signed")

Rookie Draft (3 rounds): All draftees will be given a 5 year "Rookie Contract" which does not count towards any FA draft restrictions. Draft will take place in typical NFL draft style (1.1 also gets 2.1 unless trades occur).

Draft clock is 12 hours after being notified of your pick being up ("on the clock" time will be noted on the thread as well). You can pick any time after the last pick has been made, but your 12 hour window starts when you are notified. if you miss this window:

Your pick is not lost - you still have the opportunity to pick the player you want, however,
Your pick can be poached - If the next person in the draft makes a selection before you, their selection takes precedence over yours

FA Draft (10-12 rounds): All picks from this draft will be distributed into 1, 3, and 5 year contracts (e.g. if I pick up 8 players, I choose 3 as 5 year, 3 as 3 year, and 2 as 1 years). These contracts will all show up as "Signed."

If, within 1 hour of the FA draft beginning, you have more available picks than you do roster spots, we will eliminate the worst picks such that you cannot exceed your maximum roster size during the draft.

The draft will be a live draft with 2 minute timer on picks, so make sure to show up on time for the draft. We will consider a slow draft for the 5th season, owing to difficulties with this most recent draft.

All players who are not on a roster after the FA draft will have a "Free Agent" status. You can pick up any one of these players over the course of the year.

If you drop a player, his contract status and number of years does not change. Anyone picking up this player from waivers assumes the contract of that player as it stands.

At the end of the year, you are allowed to give 2 players with "Free Agent" status a contract extension for 2 years (effectively turning a free agent's 1 year contract into a 3 year contract). They will be listed as having a "FA Extension" after this point. You may also designate one player to use a "Franchise Player" status on, which is a one year contract for the following year. Franchise Tags are not contract extensions, they are new contracts that last only one year (Do not apply the franchise tag to a player with years remaining on his contract).

All players on the waiver wire, and players whose contracts have expired (unless extensions or franchise tags are applied) will then go to the Free Agent pool at the end of the year, whereupon their contract status is reset to "Free Agent"

Alucard fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
This is currently a copy from the third season thread, I will update ASAP.
Trade Review Process
The three Commissioners will review every trade and vote to approve or reject it. If you feel the wrong decision was made I'd be open to hearing your reasons in the event we've missed something. The final decision lies with the Commissioners.

Trading Draft Picks
Draft picks can be traded. Use the MFL Draft picks for Free Agent draft pick trades. Any Rookie Draft pick trades must be stated in this thread and approved as part of an overall trade.

Waivers and Free Agency
All players who are dropped are available on waivers after 2 days. If nobody claims the player, they become a free agent.
From kickoff of the first game of the week until 11:30 PM EST on Wednesday after games are over, all available players are on waivers. If they are not claimed, they return to free agency.

Players who are free agents can be picked up without any change in your waiver order.

That's all well and good, but how the gently caress do Waivers work?
When a player is eligible for a waiver claim and you want him, you submit a waiver request. When the claim period is over, people are given waiver requests based on their waiver priority and a few other rules.

Waiver priority is "Worst to First" as it stands when waivers are processed. That means that if you put in a request on Sunday after kickoff as the worst team in the league, and someone is worse than you at the end of the week's games, You no longer have top waiver priority

You may submit multiple players for each "round" of waiver requests (we allow 3 rounds of waiver requests). The Waiver Request Guide on MFL gives more in-depth explanation as to what a "round" of waiver requesting entails. From my understanding, each round corresponds to one dropped player, and 3 possible picked up players (in priority of importance). I don't believe the picked up players have to be the same position. Waiver order is reversed on each round, so in round 2 of waivers, it is "First to Worst" and round 3 is back to "Worst to First"

Roster Size & Starting Line-Up
The roster size for each team will be 24 and the starting line-up will be:

QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K DEF

There are two IR spots that can be used only for players that have been ruled out for the entire season and are actually on IR. These spaces cannot be used for storing players.

During the offseason, we will be turning off free agent acquisitions and waiver moves, but you will still be allowed to drop players. To accommodate extra players during rookie, FA draft, and preseason, the roster limit will be capped at 32 instead.

Scoring
Below you can see the scoring rules for the league:

RULES FOR QB, RB, WR, TE, PK
Passing TDs - 4pts per TD
Passing Yards - 1pt per 25yds
Pass Interceptions Thrown - -2pts
QB Sacked - -1pt
Passing 2 Pointers - 2pts
Rushing TDs - 6pts per TD
Rushing Yards - 1pt per 10yds
Rushing 2 Pointers - 2pts
Receiving TDs - 6pts per TD
Receiving Yards - 1pt per 10yds
Receiving 2 Pointers - 1pt
Length of Field Goal Made - 0-39yds - 3pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 40-49yds - 4pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 50-59yds - 5pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 60-99yds - 6pts
Extra Points - 1pt
Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) - -2pts

RULES FOR DEF
Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) - 2pts
Interceptions Caught - 2pts
Sacked a QB - 1p per Sack
Safeties - 2pts
Total Points Allowed - 0-0 - 24pts
Total Points Allowed - 1-6 - 18pts
Total Points Allowed - 7-14 - 12pts
Total Points Allowed - 15-20 - 6pts
Total Points Allowed - 21-26 - 0pts
Total Points Allowed - 27-34 - -6pts
Total Points Allowed - 35-99 - -12pts
Defensive & Special Teams TDs - 6pts per TD

Schedule and Playoffs

The Schedule is very simple. We will have a 14 week regular season schedule. Every team will face their division rivals 2 times during the season, and all other rivals one time during the season.

Playoffs consist of 4 teams: 3 division leaders and 1 wild card (the team not in a division lead with the best overall record, tiebreakers are stipulated in the bylaws)

Playoffs Occur weeks 15 and 16.

Rookie draft trades as of 11/15/2014
Quarter Inch Gap gives 2015 second-round pick to Soulful Power Ballads via Big Picture
Flint Tropics gives 2015 second-round pick to Brutal Kunnin' Brutality
Vick Concussion Unit gives 2015 second-round pick to Windy City Blowers
Vick Concussion Unit gives 2015 third-round pick to Big Picture via Soulful Power Ballads

Alucard fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 15, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
:siren::siren:Draft is LIVE:siren::siren:
Last updated - July 19th 9:06 PM EST

DRAFT BOARD
1.01 - my lovely cat - Diarrhea Guard Action - Sammy Watkins
1.02 - Andio - Quarter Inch Gap (from Cardiac Cats) - Mike Evans
1.03 - ffoecaf - Windy City Blowers - Bishop Sankey
1.04 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics (from Brutal Kunnin' Brutality) - Brandin Cooks
1.05 - meggypeggs - Kardiac Kids - Johnny "Football" Manziel
1.06 - mcmagic - Nick Mangold's Beard - Jordan Matthews
1.07 - Beer4TheBeerGod - Brutal Kunnin' Brutality (from Flint Tropics) - Carlos Hyde
1.08 - Andio - Quarter Inch Gap (from Casey Ryback) - Devonta Freeman
1.09 - jabro - Vick Concussion Unit - Eric Ebron :argh:
1.10 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats (from Quarter Inch Gap) - Kelvin Benjamin
1.11 - meggypeggs - Kardiac Kids (from Big Picture via Quarter Inch Gap) - Terrence West
1.12 - Backno - Indianapolis Infirmary - Teddy Bridgewater
2.01 - my lovely cat - Diarrhea Guard Action - Marquise Lee
2.02 - Andio - Quarter Inch Gap (from Cardiac Cats) - Austin Sefarian-Jenkins
2.03 - jabro - Vick Concussion Unit (from Windy City Blowers) - Odell Beckham Jr.
2.04 - Beer4TheBeerGod - Brutal Kunnin' Brutality - Davante Adams
2.05 - meggypeggs - Kardiac Kids - Allen Robinson
2.06 - mcmagic - Nick Mangold's Beard - Cody Latimer
2.07 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics - Jace Amaro
2.08 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - Tre Mason
2.09 - jabro - Vick Concussion Unit - Jeremy Hill
2.10 - Ninek11 - Big Picture (from Quarter Inch Gap) - Donte Moncrief
2.11 - Ninek11 - Big Picture - Jerick McKinnon
2.12 - Backno - Indianapolis Infirmary - Blake Bortles
3.01 - my lovely cat - Diarrhea Guard Action - Isaiah Crowell
3.02 - Andio - Quarter Inch Gap (from Cardiac Cats) - Charles Sims
3.03 - ffoecaf - Windy City Blowers - KaDeem Carey
3.04 - Beer4TheBeerGod - Brutal Kunnin' Brutality - Andre Williams
3.05 - Andio - Quarter Inch Gap (from Kardiac Kids) - Martavis Bryant
3.06 - mcmagic - Nick Mangold's Beard - Paul Richardson
3.07 - Beer4TheBeerGod - Brutal Kunnin' Brutality (from Flint Tropics) - Lorenzo Taliaferro
3.08 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - James White
3.09 - jabro - Vick Concussion Unit - Jarvis Landry:argh:
3.10 - Alucard -Cardiac Cats (from Quarter Inch Gap) - Colt Lyeria
3.11 - Ninek11 - Big Picture - Mike Campanaro
3.12 - Backno - Indianapolis Infirmary - Josh Huff

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 21, 2014

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I'm back for more...ready to make terrible rookie draft choices.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm in. And I vote for no division again.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Full financial disclosure - I'm currently $40 in the hole from making and distributing this year's awards (for which pictures need to be posted!) I was even at the beginning of last season from making the first 2 seasons' worth of awards, and it looks like the annual upkeep on the awards will probably be on the order of $30 a year. Taken with the $70 registration, this year we need to probably raise $150 or so, which would put everyone in at about $12 each.

I'm hoping that we can keep this sucker going long enough to fill an award board, and permanently give it to the person who wins the championship the most as we start up another award board!

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Alucard posted:

Full financial disclosure - I'm currently $40 in the hole from making and distributing this year's awards (for which pictures need to be posted!) I was even at the beginning of last season from making the first 2 seasons' worth of awards, and it looks like the annual upkeep on the awards will probably be on the order of $30 a year. Taken with the $70 registration, this year we need to probably raise $150 or so, which would put everyone in at about $12 each.

I'm hoping that we can keep this sucker going long enough to fill an award board, and permanently give it to the person who wins the championship the most as we start up another award board!

That sounds fine to me.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
I'm in again. And $12 is fine.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
I'm back for more.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
I'm in to reclaim what is mine. I'm good for the $12, it's well worth it.

Trading Time
Alucard, would you be willing to trade me your #2 pick in the first round? I'd be willing to package my first round pick with a player or future first round picks?

BIGFOOT PEE BED, same for #1 overall. What would it take?

Also, all of my players are up for trades if the price is right.

Drop me a mail to discuss.

Andio fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 14, 2014

Mayfly
May 5, 2004

...and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.
I am in. Disappointing year last year, but I have faith.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Myself and Alucard have agreed to the following trade:

Andio gives Pick 1.10 from the rookie draft and Dez Bryant (2 years remaining)
Alucard gives Pick 1.02 from the rookie draft and DeSean Jackson (2 years remaining)

Backno, can you review and respond please?

If anyone else has any issue with this trade please post in here.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Confirming that trade offer acceptance. Also, I'm about to post contract expirations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I have an issue with it since I want Dez but I don't think that is enough to veto a trade.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
CONTRACT EXTENSIONS
I've made it simpler this year, by listing the currently expiring contracts and categorizing them in two areas:
Eligible for Free Agent Extension
Franchise Tag Only
I tried my best to check the rosters, so please correct me if you see any on the site that are missing or any errors I may have made.
Remember that you can pick 2 Free Agent Extension-eligible players for 2 year extensions of their initial free agent contract, and pick 1 franchise player to hold onto for an extra year.

Indianapolis Infirmary
C.J. Anderson, Dennis Johnson, James Starks, Harry Douglas, Da'Rick Rogers, Charles Clay, New Orleans Saints
Franchise Tag Only
Peyton Manning, Bilal Powell, Brandon LaFell, San Francisco 49ers

Cardiac Cats
Mike Tolbert, Doug Baldwin, Jerricho Cotchery, Rod Streater, Delanie Walker, Tennessee Titans
Franchise Tag Only
Reggie Bush, Eddie Royal, Matt Bryant

Quarter Inch Gap
Tim Wright
Franchise Tag Only
Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Roy Helu, Michael Crabtree, Greg Olsen, Chicago Bears, Carolina Panthers

Kardiac Kids
Jason Campbell, Josh McCown, Greg Little
Franchise Tag Only
Vincent Jackson, Tony Gonzalez

Windy City Blowers
Isaac Redman, Jeff Cumberland, Kellen Winslow, Nick Novak, Oakland Raiders
Franchise Tag Only
Tom Brady, Jay Cutler, Steven Jackson, Mike James, Chris Thompson, Miami Dolphins

Vick Concussion Unit
Peyton Hillis, Chris Ogbonnaya, Jerome Simpson, Heath Miller, Greg Zuerlein
Franchise Tag Only
Anquan Boldin, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jason Witten, Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots

Diarrhea Guard Action
Chad Henne, Bobby Rainey, Ladarius Green
Franchise Tag Only
DeAngelo Williams, Marques Colston, Lance Moore, David Akers, Green Bay Packers

Casey Ryback
Garrett Hartley, Philadelphia Eagles
Franchise Tag Only
Ahmad Bradshaw, Stevan Ridley, Pierre Garcon

Smoke Green Team
Andre Caldwell, Dallas Clark
Franchise Tag Only
Donald Brown, Darren Sproles, Steve Smith, Adam Vinateri

Wasian Reign of Error
Benny Cunningham, Jordan Todman, Garrett Graham, Mychal Rivera
Franchise Tag Only
Marshawn Lynch, Eric Decker, Rob Bironas, Stephen Gostkowski, Cincinnati Bengals

Big Picture
Nick Foles, Willis McGahee, Jarrett Boykin
Franchise Tag Only
Carson Palmer, Fred Jackson, Emmanuel Sanders, Golden Tate, Jared Cook, Mason Crosby,

Nick Mangold's Beard
Jason Snelling, Mike Brown, Brandon Bostick, Julius Thomas, New York Jets
Franchise Tag Only
Ben Tate, Victor Cruz, Torrey Smith, Nate Washington, Justin Tucker, Indianapolis Colts, Baltimore Ravens

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Andio posted:

Myself and Alucard have agreed to the following trade:

Andio gives Pick 1.10 from the rookie draft and Dez Bryant (2 years remaining)
Alucard gives Pick 1.02 from the rookie draft and DeSean Jackson (2 years remaining)

Backno, can you review and respond please?

If anyone else has any issue with this trade please post in here.

Good with me.

Andio
May 10, 2004

If anyone is interested in any other players on my roster contact me. I'm interested in trades for other players and rookies.

All are available.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
my lovely cat, I know you have a baby on the way but FOOTBALL IS MORE IMPORTANT.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

i am here and in for the year. I can't promise to be paying full attention at all times. Andio, make me an offer, if it's serious I'll consider it

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
I've got the 11th pick in the rookie rounds. I'm looking to trade down - willing to consider players or rookie picks (can be for next year).

Email me if interested.

Andio
May 10, 2004

my lovely cat posted:

i am here and in for the year. I can't promise to be paying full attention at all times. Andio, make me an offer, if it's serious I'll consider it

Email sent to you and NineK11.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Trade Time Again

I give:
2014 2nd round rookie pick
2015 2nd round rookie pick
Robert Woods

NineK11 gives:
2014 1st round rookie pick (1.11)

Edit: my lovely cat, I have sent a trade proposal your way via email.

Andio fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 14, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Andio posted:

Trade Time Again

I give:
2014 2nd round rookie pick
2015 2nd round rookie pick
Robert Woods

NineK11 gives:
2014 1st round rookie pick (1.11)

Edit: my lovely cat, I have sent a trade proposal your way via email.

I sent the official trade offer your way, as soon as it's confirmed, I'll reflect it on the draft board.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Alucard posted:

I sent the official trade offer your way, as soon as it's confirmed, I'll reflect it on the draft board.

Can you review the trade i made with NineK please?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You both have to propose and accept, respectively, the player trade before I can approve it.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Alucard posted:

You both have to propose and accept, respectively, the player trade before I can approve it.

I agree with it. It's all above board and legal.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Ninek11 posted:

I agree with it. It's all above board and legal.

Can you accept on the league site too Hal? I sent a trade over. Check the details/comments.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Andio posted:

Can you accept on the league site too Hal? I sent a trade over. Check the details/comments.

Done and done.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
Also up for offers for Golden Tate, now of pass-happy Detroit, and Emmanuel Sanders, now of pass-happy Denver.

Nice!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We're still waiting for responses from people, but in the meantime, if you want to pay up your portion of the fees ($12), my paypal is amiklos@fsu.edu

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Alucard posted:

We're still waiting for responses from people, but in the meantime, if you want to pay up your portion of the fees ($12), my paypal is amiklos@fsu.edu

That nice Mr. Google tells me that's £7.14 in proper money.
But I sent it in your amusing "let's make all the notes look the same" money anyway.

Ninek11 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 15, 2014

Andio
May 10, 2004

Alucard posted:

Paid.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Paid and I included a little extra to help with the extra money you are down.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Ninek11 posted:

That nice Mr. Google tells me that's £7.14 in proper money.
But I sent it in your amusing "let's make all the notes look the same" money anyway.
Thanks for the Potter-bux

jabro posted:

Paid and I included a little extra to help with the extra money you are down.
Rock on, you will be spared in the dollar reckoning

meggypeggs
Jul 26, 2011

The Kardiac Kids
I'm back for another season :)

Will send the $ this afternoon

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Paid.

Andio
May 10, 2004

meggypeggs posted:

I'm back for another season :)

Will send the $ this afternoon

I'm taking Manziel at #2. What you going to give me for him?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Andio posted:

I'm taking Manziel at #2. What you going to give me for him?

Pity...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Set up the draft order for the FA draft. Remember to start considering your renewals, and pay up suckers!

• Locked thread