Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Best value pick in the draft, Logan Thomas in the 4th round.

Mike Mayock is just totally gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Obama Yo Mama posted:

someone tell me what to think of the vikings draft because from where i'm sitting, unknowledgeable and disinterested, it's seeming like they're having about as perfect of an off-season as could be expected from this team and this strange new world is frightening me. i am afraid to go outside.

It's a good one and I hate them for taking Teddy!!!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That moment I find myself starting to agree with Chris Kluwe :negative:

what's kluwe do recently?

Watching ESPN :(

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

pillsburysoldier posted:

what's kluwe do recently?

Watching ESPN :(

He is twitter lashing the NFL for Michael Sam probably going UDFA

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That moment I find myself starting to agree with Chris Kluwe :negative:

If you don't find yourself generally agreeing with Kluwe that's probably a bad thing. His style is annoying as gently caress, but he's usually pretty spot on in his causes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
To be fair, I think most teams are shying away from him not because they don't like gays, but because they know the media will descend and make it into a much bigger deal than it is. No matter who signs him the team is going to have to answer questions about him kind of like when Tebow went to the Jets or Pats. It sucks, but teams have shied away from more talented players that cause a media circus before.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

swickles posted:

but teams have shied away from more talented players that cause a media circus before.

when

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TO leaps to mind

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Obama Yo Mama posted:

someone tell me what to think of the vikings draft because from where i'm sitting, unknowledgeable and disinterested, it's seeming like they're having about as perfect of an off-season as could be expected from this team and this strange new world is frightening me. i am afraid to go outside.

The Vikings did very well in the draft. They added Teddy Bridgewater, Jerick McKinney, and David Yankey on offense and they spent their 7 other picks on guys who are good fits for Zimmer's system. Bridgewater was my favorite QB in the draft and should hopefully become their franchise running back. McKinney is a real interesting athlete. I like his potential and he should turn into a good backup for Peterson. Not necessarily a 3rd down back at this point, but can still spell Peterson. Yankey was a great pick. Very intelligent OL prospect who is capable of playing all over the line, but could unseat Charlie Johnson very early at LG.

Barr is the pass rushing SLB that they were lacking. Crichton will rotate in at end and could eventually replace Robison. Exum, James, and Price are all good fits for Zimmer's system and should add depth and competition in the secondary. Watts is a productive, but undersized linebacker. Likely going to be used as a nickel linebacker and special teamer and Shamar Stephen could add depth at D.

Edit: I'll post a more detailed draft overview later, but I hope that helps. Still need to read up on some of the 3rd day guys.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

TO leaps to mind

true but I think TO had way more red flags than just "media attention"

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Sucks for Sam he might get buried on the depth chart with that insane line in St. Louis.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
edit: Wrong thread but I'm glad the Vikings drafted Jabari Price

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

The only thing I think is really missing from the draft is maybe taking a shot on one of the apparently hundreds of WRs that were out there this year, but I've always been a proponent of hitting one side of the ball hard in the draft and taking 7 defenders when you just hired a defensive-minded HC seems like a pretty good idea to me. I guess that's what the UDFA period will be for. I also am always in favor of the Vikings drafting linemen early and often because they can never seem to assemble more than 3/5 of a competent unit

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Pron on VHS posted:

Pretty disappointed that the Chiefs didn't grab a single WR in this stacked class, unless you count De'Anthony Thomas who may get slot snaps or w/e

There are some intriguing options that looks to be UDFA at this point. I hope they bring in a bunch of those guys and see who sticks. Remember, Seattle's main contributors outside of Golden Tate were UDFAs so especially in a stacked class there are some good chances of good players as well.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

TO leaps to mind

He was one of the first I thought of. You could argue Tebow as well, not necessarily more talented, but probably could have earned a roster spot somewhere if the media wouldn't have made it into a huge thing. Teams like players that are quiet, or at least ones that don't result in the media asking them questions.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sam is going to become the most beloved special teamer in the leauge by the end of the year.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I kinda of liked the Raiders draft.Huge needs covered except for WR.Love the Mack pick the more I read about ,I'll trust Blit7z on Derek Carr.A huge guard , a huge CB , and a guy who hasn't played in one year.

Hope is the first step in the road to disappointment.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Obama Yo Mama posted:

The only thing I think is really missing from the draft is maybe taking a shot on one of the apparently hundreds of WRs that were out there this year, but I've always been a proponent of hitting one side of the ball hard in the draft and taking 7 defenders when you just hired a defensive-minded HC seems like a pretty good idea to me. I guess that's what the UDFA period will be for. I also am always in favor of the Vikings drafting linemen early and often because they can never seem to assemble more than 3/5 of a competent unit

I would have liked for them to draft a receiver too. The Vikings definitely went after defense in the draft. Not a lot of immediate impact player, but they got a lot of guys with high potential who fit Zimmer's scheme and will give them desperately needed depth on defense. I expect the Vikings to be very active in UDFA. New coach and new schemes on both sides of the ball means that Zimmer and Turner will want to bring in guys who fit their scheme and even with 7 picks, there is still room for UDFAs to crack the roster on defense.

I like that they addressed the pass rush. The line looks to be in pretty good shape right now:

SLB Barr, Crichton
LDE Robison, Wootton
NT Joseph, Evans, Stephen
UT Floyd, Johnson
RDE Grifen, Crichten

They could still use more depth at UT, but maybe they can bring in some rookie free agents and Wootton can rotate in at UT if necessary. Barr will be the 5th pass rusher, since Zimmer likes to rush 5 constantly and Crichton will get some snaps at SLB behind Barr.

Edit: Forgot to mention Barr

swizz posted:

edit: Wrong thread but I'm glad the Vikings drafted Jabari Price

What do you know about Price?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Thread needs to be closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView