Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Rounds 2 and 3 are in the books, there were a ton of trades, the Bills got fleeced again. Complain about how much you hate all your teams' picks and how much better your division rivals did here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm cool with GB's picks actually :)

still laughing at bortles picked third god drat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Bengals drafted a rapist.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Bortles2Robinson

Book it

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I would be a lot happier with the Colts picks if they had been made in the reverse order, but I like both players (especially Moncrief). Still think we needed a CB or FS more than Mewhort.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Atticus Finch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Complain about how much you hate all your teams' picks and how much better your division rivals did here.

You know I didn't think about it until just now but I'm jealous of the Oakland Raiders. In the draft. In a draft where they drafted a Carr.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I like San Diego's picks a lot

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
The Browns' picks are super solid in an alternate universe where they still have a wide receiver.

It's been a weird day.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Kony Ealy is a good value where we got him and a great insurance policy for a future that potentially lacks Greg Hardy or Charles Johnson. As far as Trai Turner is concerned, it's hard to argue with bolstering the offensive line in a post-Gross era. All in all, they're two picks that aren't very sexy or exciting, but a solid day of drafting.

Fingers crossed, again, for more WR action tomorrow.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
I'm really happy with the Bears' draft. Words I don't think I've ever thought or said.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Niners have made 5 picks and have 7 left to go. :cool:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The division rivals drafted a rapist, Dri Archer, and no WRs. And it makes me disgusted, sad, and happy/sad respectively.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

amaranthine posted:

The Browns' picks are super solid in an alternate universe where they still have a wide receiver.

It's been a weird day.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Upside: Patriots now have two most handsome quarterbacks in league. Downside: overall handsomeness of QBs still below league average.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Oh man I forgot about Washington taking Trent Murphy in the second, that was pretty hysterical.

Niners got players who I like and make sense, but passed on a bunch of dudes I also like and now have way too many picks on the third day for the number of roster spots that are realistically available. Still need an outside corner and hopefully a deep threat receiver tomorrow.

Also they got Stevie Johnson essentially for free, which is hilarious.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I would have liked to see Su'a-Filo and/or Bitonio picked up by the Seahawks but I'll cross my fingies that they're constantly trading down for a good reason. Looking forward to every pick in the 7th round going to Seattle.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

*puts fingers in ears* LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU WHO DEY

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

gently caress Mike Brown

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
I think Gaines is a pretty decent pick for the Chiefs as he's got great length and speed. I think between him, Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker the Chiefs are looking to get big, fast CBs to run their press scheme. Along with Dee Ford yesterday, we're looking at bolstering the defense and not getting picked apart like in the Great Playoff CollapseTM. Offensively I don't think we're as bad off as a lot of people suspect. With the last 4 picks I'm looking for them to add a WR, OL, development DL with pass rush ability and a QB (Brett Smith?).

Plus, remember a lot of contributors from last year came from other people's cuts. We have a lot of time to fill other needs that way.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Grozz Nuy posted:

Oh man I forgot about Washington taking Trent Murphy in the second, that was pretty hysterical.

Niners got players who I like and make sense, but passed on a bunch of dudes I also like and now have way too many picks on the third day for the number of roster spots that are realistically available. Still need an outside corner and hopefully a deep threat receiver tomorrow.

Also they got Stevie Johnson essentially for free, which is hilarious.
Yeah in retrospect I really like the Stevie Johnson "trade".

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lions got their OLB and Dominic Raiola's successor. Division rivals didn't get anyone I really liked. Decent day, I suppose.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Not so morally superior now are we Bengals :smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

midwat
May 6, 2007

I had just about talked myself into Easley, and the Pats go and draft Garoppolo. :(

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
There must always be a Lich KingSchaub and Carr.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Not so morally superior now are we Bengals :smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

yeah this is a shock after employing such beacons of morality as pacman jones and chris henry

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Timmy Jernigan is a good football player that I have no idea how we'll use. It would have been neat to address more than 1 of the 6 positions of need in the first three rounds. Brooks is probably a good pick but I'm irritated it wasn't Donte Moncrief. Crockett Gilmore in the third round was clearly a pick made simply to troll me and may not be an actual persons name.

All in all... gently caress it.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 10, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

yeah this is a shock after employing such beacons of morality as pacman jones and chris henry
And burfict who was an rear end in a top hat in college

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We'll just have to hang our hat on our superior posting :smugdog:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

AggressivelyStupid posted:

gently caress Mike Brown
Yeah, forever.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Uhhhh, holy smokes :stare:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I hate the Packers Day 2 picks as much as I love the Day 1 pick.

That goddamn much.

Would it have loving killed you, TT, to trade up the few spots for Amaro? Or the one for Nix?

Horrible reaches at spots where there was plenty of value later on in the draft (except for TE, we missed the boat on that and found some old logs we cobbled together to form a raft and oh god we're sinking)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This has been an odd Chiefs draft.

I figured they would of came in and filled some immediate needs, but it seems they are drafting to prepare for a salary purge. If I had to guess, I sense an in-the-box safety and a QB coming up in Day 3; other two picks address WR and Right Guard.

Andy Reid reportedly likes Aaron Murray, a lot.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

We'll just have to hang our hat on our superior posting :smugdog:

Not exactly challenging yourself there

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Go steelers

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Good point :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has anyone said Bortles.

• Locked thread