Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, the Eagles have so far reached for a linebacker that reads as a panic move after their targets were gone who does however still fill a necessary role for the team moving forward, drafted a dependable Kelly Man WR2 in Jordan Matthews (hopefully) with alright speed and a big frame, and drafted a lightning fast wideout who used to play for Oregon while Kelly still roamed those halls who I assume is going to be primarily used in ST. I'm not sold on picks 1 and 3, but 2 is great.

Josh Huff may be a great thing, though, as I'm not totally convinced we should be using the older and probably more brittle Darren Sproles in that role anymore. Still, I suspect he'll do little to nothing and be cut by next season :sigh:

All in all it's not going too great and our defense this year scares me a lot. Still, it seems like Kelly is doing his damndest to cushion the soon-to-come Foles regression and will keep us in contention for the division title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Lions got their OLB and Dominic Raiola's successor. Division rivals didn't get anyone I really liked. Decent day, I suppose.

Do the Lions really have division rivals though?

Someone tell me about the guys the Vikings took.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Its going to deeply amuse me when it turns out Kelly is an amazing coach who has no loving idea how to Draft

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

euphronius posted:

Has anyone said Bortles.

You did. Just then.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

From a football perspective I liked the Bengals picks more than most. I think Hill is a great addition with Jackson running the show and hopefully the pressure on Dalton is lessened.

Likewise, I'm less concerned with the DEs on the roster than others. I think the stable is gonna be pretty good with Atkins back.

On a human decency level, not great.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Roseman is calling the shots on the draft.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grozz Nuy posted:

Uhhhh, holy smokes :stare:

She's Miss Utah

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Which QBs did the Rams and the Titans bring in? Because they have to be drafting one of those guys tomorrow.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Love the Tuitt pick, not sure if I love the Archer pick yet.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seattle has a bunch of tiny injury prone receivers. Quick get Paul Richardson on the line!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Roseman is calling the shots on the draft.

Yeah, and while he's doing an alright job of getting us more picks, we aren't addressing our shameful secondary at all and I'm not sure a bunch of 4th and 5th rounders are going to do it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They signed a safety ok

We don't believe in defense in Philadelphia.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Atticus Finch posted:

Which QBs did the Rams and the Titans bring in? Because they have to be drafting one of those guys tomorrow.

The Rams currently only have something called an Austin Davis on the roster other than Bradford I believe. I still don't know that they really need to draft one, they're all in on Sam for this year and if he's awful they can work on it next year.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
welcome justin britt

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I don't get why Philly is so upset about their team going offense heavy

Its not like the best teams in the NFC are defensive powerhouses

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Vhak lord of hate posted:

welcome justin britt

I love this so much :allears: :hawksin:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't understand it but it's beautiful.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

LiquidFriend posted:

This has been an odd Chiefs draft.

I figured they would of came in and filled some immediate needs, but it seems they are drafting to prepare for a salary purge. If I had to guess, I sense an in-the-box safety and a QB coming up in Day 3; other two picks address WR and Right Guard.

Andy Reid reportedly likes Aaron Murray, a lot.

It makes sense because being realistic, you're not looking at a Super Bowl run this year. One, the tougher schedule and two, look at the loving Broncos. These two picks alone will save us $16.5m alone in cap space if we cut Hali and Flowers next year (or trade them for dirt cheap). I think this last year gave us a bit of unreal expectations, but I think Dorsey is doing this the right way. Build depth, replace overpriced vets, sign cost effective free agents. Once we're past this lack of 2nd round picks from the overpriced Smith trade we'll have more ammo to play the draft board better I think.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Gerund posted:

I love this so much :allears: :hawksin:

welcome justin britt
http://gfycat.com/CrazySleepyCony

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Sigh.

Ok, with a draft this deep and a defense this bad it was a terrible idea for Dallas to trade up. But, well, they're the Cowboys so that's what they did.

Dallas wanted to move up to select Demarcus Lawrence, a player who they had a 1st round grade on. The reason they gave up so much in the trade is beacuse they were in a bidding war with the Falcons, who were also wanting the same player. One way or the other Lawrence was getting drafted with the 34th pick.

Lawrence was #37 on the SB Nation Big Board and #32 on the CBSSports Big Board, so it's not a completely out of left field reach. But to give up a 3rd round pick when there were still guys like Attaochu, Ealy, and Jernigan still on the board for that original 2nd round pick... gently caress.

All I know is Dallas better kill the hell out of day 3.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Did he just finish the sack on his own QB?

(that first GIF is magic)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't get why Philly is so upset about their team going offense heavy

Its not like the best teams in the NFC are defensive powerhouses
I'm never a huge fan of a coach picking his own players from favoritism, it's creepy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Atticus Finch posted:

We're going to see at least 2 more years of Bradford and it's going to rule because he'll have targets we mean it this time just you wait

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Rasczak posted:

All I know is Dallas better kill the hell out of day 3.

With six seventh round picks, there's no reason to worry. Jerry's got this in the bag

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

RumbleFish posted:

Kony Ealy is a good value where we got him and a great insurance policy for a future that potentially lacks Greg Hardy or Charles Johnson. As far as Trai Turner is concerned, it's hard to argue with bolstering the offensive line in a post-Gross era. All in all, they're two picks that aren't very sexy or exciting, but a solid day of drafting.

Fingers crossed, again, for more WR action tomorrow.

BlindSite posted:

I'm a fan of the Panthers day two picks.

Ealy on the surface doesn't make a huge amount of sense given the Panthers have Johnson under contract for another two years and Hardy on the roster but the Panthers are still cash strapped for another two years and they're going to have to throw a boatload of money at Cam, there's also the future pieces like Star and Kuechly who'll need contracts in the future. Hardy wants to be paid and while I think the possibility exists for the Panthers to cut down johnson's massive cap hit and possibly keep Hardy it makes sens to have a back up plan, especially one who can slot in if there's an injury or simply to give them a spell. It's a nice pick considering the back end of the defense is in shambles and will need a dominant rush to not suck spectacularly.

The guard pick I could take or leave considering there was still some good corner and WR talent on board, but I get it, Silatolu and Kugbila have had injury issues and last year the Panthers resorted to a converted DLinemen (he played ok), it never hurts to get a guard who's a standout run blocker.

Hoping for either Rashaad Reynolds (he'd be a great scheme fit) or Abbredis tomorrow though I doubt either last that long.

I agree with both of these posts re: Panthers. You never know how things are going to shake out but the logic behind both picks makes sense to me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RapSheet
The #Jets were furiously trying to trade up with the #Bucs, hoping to take WR Marqise Lee. Their fear was the #Jaguars would take him.

Dang, this would have been cool to see.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders grabbed a Franchise QB and upgraded the worst Left guard in the NFL to a mauler LG, I'm content as gently caress because Oh yeah Khalil Mack

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders grabbed a Franchise QB

You guys have had Matt McGloin for a season already though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders grabbed a Franchise QB and upgraded the worst Left guard in the NFL to a mauler LG, I'm content as gently caress because Oh yeah Khalil Mack

Unfortunately, your starting QB is Matt Schaub

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Blitz7x posted:

I love their draft, but I worry about the Carr pick because he wilts under pressure. When I think of the Raiders I don't think of great pass protection.

OTOH, now Niners fans will be able to rehash the "We want Carr" chant, when we visit O.co this year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I think it owns that the Steelers drafted a dude that's already crying like Hines Ward and a smaller but even faster Mike Wallace with the pick they got for losing him.

It's the Steeler-est draft ever. They even took a linebacker in the 1st

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dri Archer owns.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Lessail posted:

I'm cool with GB's picks actually :)

still laughing at bortles picked third god drat

Same here, on both counts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My current favorite pick of the day

@HoustonTexans · 1h
"I mean it's time to eat." -Nix on why he tweeted "chicken time!!!" after he was drafted. #Texans #Chicken

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

welcome justin britt

The best gif I've seen since "nuttin but she still suckin"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"hey Dri Archer is available"

"Nah let's draft some trash from Towson instead so the Steelers can take Dri."

"Okay, good decision other Browns front office dude."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It would of been really cool if the Ravens could have addressed the worst running offense in the league with something other than a blocking TE from nowhere. Or passing offense with no weapons with a weapon. Or a bad 0-line with linemen.

But don't worry Ozzie knows what he's doing. You can materialze wins out of a great defense. Just look at Courtney Upshaw, Sergio Kindle, Terrance Cody, and Matt Elam.

:suicide:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hah I forgot the Browns poached Andrew Hawkins away from Cincinatti. I mean I'm sure most of us forgot because only Bengals fans care about Andrew Hawkins

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Oh and I forgot to mention MU dudes in this post.

If your team picks EJ Gaines at any point from the beginning of the 4th round to the end of the draft, you're gonna be happy with what you get. Gaines can cover well and basically shut down a much larger Mike Evans when MU played A&M last year.

L'Damian Washington is a big fast receiver that's worth taking a late round flyer on and Henry Josey is worth a late pick/good sized UDFA contract. If your team grabs anybody else from MU, I'm sorry.

To end this: The Seattle Seahawks should feel real dumb about burning a 2nd round pick on Justin Britt and I'm not sure why they are gambling on another tackle that struggles with durability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Dri looks way too small. I can't picture him touching the ball more than 5 times a game at most.

• Locked thread