Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It would of been really cool if the Ravens could have addressed the worst running offense in the league with something other than a blocking TE from nowhere. Or passing offense with no weapons with a weapon. Or a bad 0-line with linemen.

But don't worry Ozzie knows what he's doing. You can materialze wins out of a great defense. Just look at Courtney Upshaw, Sergio Kindle, Terrance Cody, and Matt Elam.

:suicide:

Maybe the solution to both our problems is here. Niners are going to have waaaaay too many RBs. Ravens need one or two.

We'll take a first rounder for Kendall Hunter and LmJ, TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
@MikeReiss 19m
Photo: Bill Belichick talks about how it is better off being "early than late" at the quarterback position

@MikeReiss 18m
Interesting acknowledgement from Bill Belichick on the QB position and Jimmy Garoppolo. Ties to both Brady's age and Mallett's contract

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Zerilan posted:

Dri looks way too small. I can't picture him touching the ball more than 5 times a game at most.

Yes but they will make him run the out route 10 times per game, knowing that Ben will huck it 60 yards down field to him twice a game, and hey if it works... hey nightmare touchdown for the team that doesn't plan for it

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Well, the Eagles have so far reached for a linebacker that reads as a panic move after their targets were gone who does however still fill a necessary role for the team moving forward, drafted a dependable Kelly Man WR2 in Jordan Matthews (hopefully) with alright speed and a big frame, and drafted a lightning fast wideout who used to play for Oregon while Kelly still roamed those halls who I assume is going to be primarily used in ST. I'm not sold on picks 1 and 3, but 2 is great.

Josh Huff may be a great thing, though, as I'm not totally convinced we should be using the older and probably more brittle Darren Sproles in that role anymore. Still, I suspect he'll do little to nothing and be cut by next season :sigh:

All in all it's not going too great and our defense this year scares me a lot. Still, it seems like Kelly is doing his damndest to cushion the soon-to-come Foles regression and will keep us in contention for the division title.

This is a fair assessment I think. Although this is my usual draft day:

1) My knowledge of incoming players is small and I usually just go by whoever SAS says is good.

2) Have I heard of the player? If yes = best pick in the draft; if no = Does he at least fill a position of need?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

Maybe the solution to both our problems is here. Niners are going to have waaaaay too many RBs. Ravens need one or two.

We'll take a first rounder for Kendall Hunter and LmJ, TIA.

Fine with me man. At this point I'm convinced we'd just take another D-linemen.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Unfortunately, your starting QB is Matt Schaub

Well we can't all have giant QBs who refuse to retire or get injured

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I could do without the NFL app updates every 2 seconds tho. Sorry but I don't give a gently caress about your scrub team's second round draft pics.

*drops mic*

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

Oh and I forgot to mention MU dudes in this post.

Max Copeland Mr Irrelevant watch is on for tomorrow.

It won't happen but I really want it to happen.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Texans-Bros, whether Schaub or Carr(lol) is starting next year, that game is going to be super personal

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sweeney Tom posted:

@RapSheet
The #Jets were furiously trying to trade up with the #Bucs, hoping to take WR Marqise Lee. Their fear was the #Jaguars would take him.

Dang, this would have been cool to see.
A fear that was justified!

If Lee was taken the Jaguars probably would have just taken Robinson early in the second.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Coldforge posted:

When I think of the Raiders I don't think of great pass protection.

When you think of the Raiders line, you're wrong because all but one position will have a new starter next year.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Schaub and Carr sounds like a law firm that I probably wouldn't use

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I accidentally deleted a long effort post about how I like the Chiefs draft so I will just say I agree with everything excidium has posted

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Weston Richburg was a cool pick up. I'm not that happy about Bromley but he fits the scheme I guess.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Doltos posted:

Weston Richburg was a cool pick up. I'm not that happy about Bromley but he fits the scheme I guess.

I really wanted Richburg on the Packers. Enjoy him over there, will ya?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Good players still available for the 49ers tomorrow.

WR Martavis Bryant
WR Jared Abbrederis
WR Robert Herron
WR Devin Street
WR La'Damian Washington

LB Carl Bradford

S Dion Bailey
S Marqueston Huff
S Vinnie Sunseri
S Ty Zimmerman

DE/OLB Larry Webster
DE Taylor Hart
DE Kelcy Quarles

CB Pierre Desir
CB Jaylen Watkins
CB EJ Gaines
CB Bene Benwikere
CB Nevin Lawson
CB Andre Hal
CB Carrington Byndom
CB Bashaud Breeland
CB Ross Cockrell
CB Marcus Roberson

It's a crazy, crazy draft class.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 10, 2014

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

Who the gently caress are we going to start at tight end

but yeah. A center. We needed that. gently caress Bass

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i just watched a whole game where derek carr threw at the first receiver he looked at every single pass

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Volkerball posted:

i just watched a whole game where derek carr threw at the first receiver he looked at every single pass
sorry bro

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Mixed feelings on the second day picks. Love the Davante Adams pick. We now have a jump ball type guy. Not too thrilled about the Khyri Thornton pick mostly because it makes no sense to me, but whatever. I like the Richard Rodgers pick quite a bit.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Febreeze posted:

Who the gently caress are we going to start at tight end

but yeah. A center. We needed that. gently caress Bass

There's actually some good picks there tomorrow. My favorite is Jordan Najvar, he was a Harbaugh TE at Stanford before he transferred to Baylor.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

I can't wait to see JonTron on the field.
All joking aside, I'm pretty happy with SF's draft to this point. The Hyde pick confuses me a tiny bit since we have other RBs, but maybe they think Gore is nearing the end, Lattimore's still hurt, and James/Hunter aren't going to be good replacements?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Link me and let's commiserate

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Volkerball posted:

to be fair that is what I would do

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Link me and let's commiserate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFtuTb9OYZI

that first pass is so fuckin far tho

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

Good players still available for the 49ers tomorrow.

WR Martavis Bryant
WR Jared Abbrederis
WR Robert Herron
WR Devin Street

LB Carl Bradford

S Dion Bailey
S Marqueston Huff
S Vinnie Sunseri
S Ty Zimmerman

DE/OLB Larry Webster
DE Taylor Hart
DE Kelcy Quarles

CB Pierre Desir
CB Jaylen Watkins
CB EJ Gaines
CB Bene Benwikere
CB Nevin Lawson
CB Andre Hal
CB Carrington Byndom
CB Bashaud Breeland
CB Ross Cockrell

It's a crazy, crazy draft class.

I'd like to add
WR La'Damian Washington

OT Cameron Fleming
OT Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff

CB Walt Aikens
CB Marcus Roberson

Bene Benwikere is awesome and even though he'll be available in the 6th I'd be fine taking him in the 4th.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd like to add
WR La'Damian Washington

OT Cameron Fleming
OT Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff

CB Walt Aikens
CB Marcus Roberson

Bene Benwikere is awesome and even though he'll be available in the 6th I'd be fine taking him in the 4th.

Give me Michael Sam.

(I'll actually be okay with anybody taking Michael Sam as long as he's drafted)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

his foot placement/movement is SO weird

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

5:37. :unsmith:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Sweeney Tom posted:

Give me Michael Sam.

(I'll actually be okay with anybody taking Michael Sam as long as he's drafted)

I'd be okay with it too, but I specified good players :colbert:

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd like to add
WR La'Damian Washington
CB Marcus Roberson

I completely forgot about Washington and Roberson :doh:

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 10, 2014

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The best Raiders draft in 10 years

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Blitz7x posted:

Texans-Bros, whether Schaub or Carr(lol) is starting next year, that game is going to be super personal

Next year I don't even care about winning as much as I do seeing the team improve, seeing the new defensive line at work, etc. But that game is going to be way fun for so many reasons:

-Schaub's revenge
-Mack vs Clowney
-Antonio Smith vs Duane Brown

Etc.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Well, still pissed about dumping Stevie, but let's talk about players the Bills drafted this year. Cyrus Kouandjio could be a good pick, IF his knee holds up, and the consensus there seems pessimistic. We really, badly need an upgrade at RT, but he won't do much good if he ends up on IR. On the bright side, he seems like he could do some good if healthy, it just seems like a big risk to take in the second.
I don't know much about Preston Brown, but ILB was a good position to address. Apparently, we're going to be playing Manny Lawson at DE(Whaley and Marrone must've fired up an old copy of Madden), which means our linebacking corp is Alonso-Spikes/Brown-Hughes.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"hey Dri Archer is available"

"Nah let's draft some trash from Towson instead so the Steelers can take Dri."

"Okay, good decision other Browns front office dude."

This.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i guess i'll just crosspost this since there's two draft aftermath threads for whatever reason now

I actually like their second day a lot better. Tuitt is an absolute beast and will be starting at LDE if not opening day, then soon after. Dri Archer is just an all around loving cool dude and will be one of the best returners in the league, which is nice since it means Antonio Brown doesn't have to do punts anymore and because we haven't had a good KR outside of him doing it for a season for along rear end time. Plus he's the scat back we've been looking for. It's more of a luxury pick but gently caress it it looks like the second and third rounds were kind of crazy, there were no WR worth taking there, and Colbert and the coaching staff clearly don't give a poo poo about finding decent new CB.

Also poor loving Allen Robinson. Of all the teams to draft him, the loving jaguars.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

The best Raiders draft in 10 years

Mack will develop an addiction to codeine and openly criticize the Raiders organization on twitter, Carr will never break a 1:1 TD to INT ratio, and Jackson will break his ankle his rookie season in week 2, and come back from IR without ever cracking the starting lineup.

It's funny that Nevada couldn't make Carr pay at all with that stupid like clap-snap thing they do. Everyone starts running forward like .5 second before the ball is snapped. Lol.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Playing the Texans late in the year just became a really lovely deal. I'm not even sure why it's happening, this is like the 4th year in a row with a Ravens/Texans regular season game.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

excidium posted:

It makes sense because being realistic, you're not looking at a Super Bowl run this year. One, the tougher schedule and two, look at the loving Broncos. These two picks alone will save us $16.5m alone in cap space if we cut Hali and Flowers next year (or trade them for dirt cheap). I think this last year gave us a bit of unreal expectations, but I think Dorsey is doing this the right way. Build depth, replace overpriced vets, sign cost effective free agents. Once we're past this lack of 2nd round picks from the overpriced Smith trade we'll have more ammo to play the draft board better I think.
I thought they did alright playing their draft board looking back. Ford was a late first guy if you were fine with his medicals and Gaines was a guy that could of gone in the 2nd round.

These moves are definitely being made for future salary purging as Hali and Flowers bring the most cap relief.

Other dudes that are probably on the chopping block:
Chase Daniel, due 4.8 million in 2015 (:wtf:) and would only bring 1 million in dead cap space
Donnie Avery, due 4 million and would only cost 500k in space to release
Joe Mays would bring another 3 million, but they already drafted Nico Johnson

Berry isn't cheap, but I don't see them getting rid of him.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I like the Redskins drafting o-line help, they definitely need it. I'm pretty sure they traded down the second Houston picked the guy from UCLA, which is perfectly okay with me. Trent Murphy basically says that Orakpo's gone after this year, which sucks, but it's good to know they're thinking ahead at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Playing the Texans late in the year just became a really lovely deal. I'm not even sure why it's happening, this is like the 4th year in a row with a Ravens/Texans regular season game.

For better or worse, I'm looking forward to the season finale with Cleveland a lot more than I was when it first popped up on the schedule.

• Locked thread