Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Highbrow Slick posted:

You ruined a perfectly good quarterback.
I will hate the boring rear end Texans for as long as I live.

And root for the Raiders.

welcome frend. we arent like the others. im volkeman adn this upstanded gentle men next to me is my atorney bltiz. hes not just some dingbat i pickd up in oaklin. hes from west caroline. i can asure you the teamn will take god care of derrik an he will win a lots of games here. lucky we happend across you. we was just on are way now for get tickits for the special boll :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

MonsterWalk posted:

The Browns third round makes very little sense to me. I get not taking Archer because we have Travis Benjamin, who is filling all the roles that Archer is meant to play but is coming off an ACL. I'm not sure about that RB at all. I'd really, really like every pick from here on out to be a WR because Josh Gordon is dumb and is apparently made entirely out of weed now.

Panic-drafting WRs you don't believe in over players you do would be the dumbest, Brownest thing imaginable - and everybody is making GBS threads on the Browns for NOT doing it and acting like professionals for once.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
My brother went to school with / still sometimes talks to Will Clarke and says he's a cool guy so I guess bengals fans can hang their hat on that even if he's not that great at football

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals third round pick* was offered a flight to Cincinnati and basically said "Nah, I'll drive up from West Virginia."

That seems like a really cool way to put everything in perspective.

* The non-rapey one.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Will Clarke is definitely one of my favorite mountaineers in recent years. First of all picked WVU over Pitt, and he's just been all in his whole career. He put the defense on his back and as trite as it is to talk up stuff like high motor, work ethic for guys that may not be the most talented, it definitely fits for him. I'll be shocked if he wasn't a great influence in the locker room and I really hope he works out in the NFL.

Anyway as an Eagles fan I'm glad Chip Kelly understands that we don't really want to win a super bowl and would rather just go through the coaching carousel of the 90s once again. I wonder what kotite is up to these days.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

After looking at highlights and reading more about him, I'm definitely happy about the Austin Sefarian-Jenkins pick. Dude is a beast. 6'5 267, he's a defensive end that can catch and block and the Bucs definitely needed a reliable all purpose Tight End. Paired with Timmy Wright or even Branden Myers and Vincent Jackson and Evans and the Bucs have the biggest receiver group in the game. The only problem I see is that they're all the same guy. Big, tough, physical with good hands and the ability to make contested catches but none of them are going to break off a ton of YAC because they just don't have the speed. This will make the passing game kind of one dimensional. Still there's worse dimensions to have than giant with a huge catch radius so we'll see if we can make it work.

The third round pick though is a complete head scratcher. Charlie Sims seems to be a good player and a very good receiving back but the Bucs still have a huge glowing hole the size of Nevada at guard and there were still good guards on the board when they took him (there's still good guards on the board even now but the Bucs don't have a 4th rounder to take them). There's also the fact that the Bucs running backs stable is probably its strongest offensive asset. Doug Martin, Mike James, and Bobby Rainey all have had huge games in the past two seasons (even if all three have injury concerns) and Demps is finally fully focused on football and arguably the fastest player in the NFL. I just don't see where Sims fits into this situation. The only thing I can think of is they plan to transition him to a slot wide receiver which is fine because he has good hands and decent speed, but he doesn't have elite speed and is not a natural wide receiver. If you wanted a slot guy, there were guys on the board that are naturally made for that position, faster and more experienced at catching. The other option I've head floated is they want to turn him into an offensive weapon like McCluster, Harvin or Sproles. A back that can also play slot on some plays, do end arounds and field returns. That's fine but again, I think 3rd is too high for that type of guy when guard is so woefully inadequate right now. I'm not happy with this pick, not at all.

Ideally for day three the Bucs would trade back high into the 4th round and pick one of the 2 remaining guards that might have a shot at being a serviceable guard, David Yankey or Dakota Dozier but how quiet they've been in moving I don't think they'll do it. I look forward to McCown getting his legs broken by the Panthers front 7 when we field Jamon Merideth and Oniel Cousins at the guard spots. :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Miami Dolphins drafted a footballer who might be really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjKdZXSnMns

The Billy Turner pick is very interesting. I don't know much about him, but I like what I've learned so far.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Ozzie Newsome has always operated on a "best player available" strategy in the draft. But I agree with you in terms of positions this felt really underwhelming. There are exceptions to that rule too. It seems like we're just filling up on defensive bodies in these drafts. I hope one of these defensive guys we are getting these years turns out to be a big star because the Ravens do not have much star power as it stands now.

The TE pick is a great example of this since we just signed Pitta. Unless we think this guy is going to be some sleeper maniac star I don't see how it could have hurt us to take someone at a different position with this pick.

Supposedly our TE pick is really good at picking up short yardage and blocking, so that complements Pitta pretty nicely I think. And Ed Dickson is no good

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
I can't really complain about the Falcons picks because they addressed the three biggest holes (OL, DL, and S) and I just have to hope they chose the right players.

Having said that I'm really tired of them grabbing guys with potential injury issues. Seems like every year they grab someone (Southward with spine and wrist) who might have a problem but gloss it over like it's no big deal.

At this point its just BPA for me, or make that Eric Berry trade a reality.

Also I hope Dri Archer doesn't get broken before the steelers play the Falcons so I can see him play.

Edit: also all the other NFC south teams are having what looks like good drafts as well which suuuucks

dont hate the playa fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 10, 2014

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

OK Dallas you fuckers go after DT DaQuan Jones/Caraun Reid/Anthony Johnson or OLB Carl Bradford/Telvin Smith/Christian Jones and I might begin to feel better about that loving trade

Rasczak fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 10, 2014

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
To recap, AFF got neither JFF nor Carr 2.0.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I give the KC picks solid Fs until we get good compensation for Hali and Flowers. Of course it's hard to replace a solid starter and a fan favorite literally overnight. I just hope Houston is the one we re-sign first.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It would of been really cool if the Ravens could have addressed the worst running offense in the league with something other than a blocking TE from nowhere. Or passing offense with no weapons with a weapon. Or a bad 0-line with linemen.

But don't worry Ozzie knows what he's doing. You can materialze wins out of a great defense. Just look at Courtney Upshaw, Sergio Kindle, Terrance Cody, and Matt Elam.

:suicide:

Are you really comparing Upshaw and Elam to Kindle and Cody, you insane little weirdo?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

toxicsunset posted:

Our rapist can beat up your rapist I bet. In a rapist fight

zach mettenberger throws his hat in the ring

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Upshaw is a rotational run blocker we got with our first pick in the draft. I really don't like Elam but we'll have to wait and see if I'm right once he's playing SS. With first round picks I'd like to get good players, not JAGs but that's probably just me.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Jeremy Hill sent a letter to every NFL team saying he made a mistake and full of character references and that his past shouldn't be something that should affect their decision making because he has changed.

Marvin Lewis did not read that letter or know of its existence.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

I sincerely hope the Lions do not come back from London this year as part of a Goodell-hatched scheme to give them a team.

What a colossal disaster of a draft for this team.

They had a terrible first round pick but got a beast at a position of need and Raiola's replacement in what is currently the team's strongest unit. The corners are still going to be a terrible but if you're a Lions fan and you think this draft is a "colossal disaster" then you haven't been watching them for a very long.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
why the gently caress was justin britt a 2nd round pick

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I think O'Brien is trying to curry favor with UH fans by naming Keenum starting QB.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Groucho Marxist posted:

People thought he had the Britt pedigree.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets drafted an enormous WR named Jace Amaro who owns that they should have traded up for so Im going to pretend they did exactly that and the pick happened to come with a scrappy late round nickel corner prospect thrown in.

Because I have no idea who Dex McDougle is but they almost certainly could have had him in the 5th.

e: I also legitimately want Logan Thomas today.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 10, 2014

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Ozu posted:

The Jets drafted an enormous WR named Jace Amaro who owns that they should have traded up for so Im going to pretend they did exactly that and the pick happened to come with a scrappy late round nickel corner prospect thrown in.

Because I have no idea who Dex McDougle is but they almost certainly could have had him in the 5th.

I fell asleep after we drafted Jace Amaro, which ended up being a good thing because I went to sleep happy. Checked ESPN this morning, saw that we drafted McDougle, checked his rating and it was a 47. Hopefully Rex knows something we don't.

I'm still pleased with the draft so far, got probably the best safety in the draft and the 2nd best TE.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Surely it has nothing to do with their hire of Jeff Ireland.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Surely it has nothing to do with their hire of Jeff Ireland.

This would be a great opportunity to vote for Ireland in the douche of the year thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Did you know that the Jeff Ireland Dolphins have the most players still in the NFL in like the last five seasons?

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

I actually have nothing bad to say about either pick. Amaro falling into their lap was pure luck as there was no way they would've traded up for him but whatever, they got him. As far as McDougle, he would've been a mid 2nd round pick without that injury he had this year so it appears that this could be good value pick and there was no one available at that pick I was dying for the Jets to draft there who isn't available today. The obsession with DB's is annoying though.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't mind either of the Lions picks yesterday.

Ebron was still a loving awful choice though.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

you dont want another pettigrew!?!?!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I've learned at this point not to get mad at picks anymore because no one fuckin knows. The draft is like E3 to me, it's about laughs and stupidity. Garoppolo to the Patriots is like.. seeing the bottom of an avatar's shoe with the power of Kinect.

Chip says Matthews will start in the slot immediately, so it seems like he expects Matthews to eventually push for Cooper's starting spot by the end of the year. Which would be nice, because Cooper can't actually be as good as his stats suggested last year, given how bad he was for a long time.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Agreed wholeheartedly. They need to pick up a D lineman and some more defense with a smidge of WR.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hahaha Adam Schefter is saying teams were pissed off by AJ McCarron's personality in interviews which is why he's continuing to fall.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Being a crappy player probably isn't helping either.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

Hahaha Adam Schefter is saying teams were pissed off by AJ McCarron's personality in interviews which is why he's continuing to fall.
But he was drafted in the first round according to him a few months ago.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

That ugly rear end tat makes him undraftable imo

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Winkie01 posted:

That ugly rear end tat makes him undraftable imo

I've said this since day one

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
David Carr makin fun of Derek Carr

http://instagram.com/p/nyHcUglUOt/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Did you know that the Jeff Ireland Dolphins have the most players still in the NFL in like the last five seasons?

lol

Is that loving true? A big big part of me is convinced our coaching staff is just awful.

As for Miami's picks... I'm a HUGE fan of Billy Turner. Selected him in the mock draft for Buffalo to play RT. Dude is versatile as hell, raw as hell, but has potential to be a stud RT or RG in this league. I think within a year, to be honest.

I dont know a drat thing because I flat out didn't think Miami would be taking a receiver this early. Hartline's last year in Miami :-\ Stupid, IMO. He's pure hands, pure first downs, pure clutch receptions. We instead draft a 5'11 receiver who runs a 4.7?

edit: Ok he apparently injured himself running the 40 yard dash and thats why his time was lovely. Hes apparently a 4.4 runner typically

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

lol

That has very little bearing on the magnitude of his doucheosity :colbert:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Is that loving true? A big big part of me is convinced our coaching staff is just awful.

As for Miami's picks... I'm a HUGE fan of Billy Turner. Selected him in the mock draft for Buffalo to play RT. Dude is versatile as hell, raw as hell, but has potential to be a stud RT or RG in this league. I think within a year, to be honest.

I dont know a drat thing because I flat out didn't think Miami would be taking a receiver this early. Hartline's last year in Miami :-\ Stupid, IMO. He's pure hands, pure first downs, pure clutch receptions. We instead draft a 5'11 receiver who runs a 4.7?

edit: Ok he apparently injured himself running the 40 yard dash and thats why his time was lovely. Hes apparently a 4.4 runner typically

I doubt Landry is that fast but he's awesome all the same. He will not drop footballs, doesn't know how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I guess I should also post this:

Rasczak posted:

Dallas Cowboys writeup because why not

Primary Needs

Defensive End: With the loss of Ware, the starters at DE are George Selvie who played surprisingly well last year, and opposite him either Anthony Spencer (who had microfracture surgery on his knee and might not be able to return from that, last I heard he was still on crutches) or Jeremy Mincey. Woof. I keep hearing good things about Tyrone Crawford but he's never healthy, and otherwise the depth sucks. Demarcus Lawrence

Defensive Tackle: Dallas signed Melton in the offseason, and Nick Hayden is the other starter and is probably a stopgap although he did pretty decent last year. Depth sucks.

Guard: Need an upgrade to Right Guard Mackenzy Bernadeau. I don't think he even has a backup right now. Zack Martin

Outside Linebacker: Could use an upgrade to SAM Linebacker Justin Durant.

Wide Receiver: Miles Austin is designated a June 1st cut, leaving Dez Bryant, Terence Williams, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, and a couple of guys I don't even recognize.

Secondary Needs

Quarterback: Romo's had two back surgeries in the past year and turned 34 in April. Current backups are Orton, Weeden, and Hanie.

Safety: Dallas appears to be content to roll with JJ Wilcox at Strong Safety (I thought Barry Church was the SS, but he switched to FS last year). It remains to be seen if Wilcox is the long term solution.

Running Back: Demarco Murray is good as the starter when healthy, but they could probably use an infusion of talent behind him. I should note that Mean Green alum Lance Dunbar also owns when he's healthy and I will brook no argument on the matter.

Punter: Chris Jones is pretty mediocre.

Offensive Tackle: Tyron Smith owns at LT and Free was pretty good at RT last year, but the depth behind them is woeful.

Center: Frederick owns but I don't think they currently have a backup.

Best guess is they target some combination of DT/OLB/WR in the next couple of rounds, assuming nothing crazy falls into their laps

• Locked thread