Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
I think Gaines is a pretty decent pick for the Chiefs as he's got great length and speed. I think between him, Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker the Chiefs are looking to get big, fast CBs to run their press scheme. Along with Dee Ford yesterday, we're looking at bolstering the defense and not getting picked apart like in the Great Playoff CollapseTM. Offensively I don't think we're as bad off as a lot of people suspect. With the last 4 picks I'm looking for them to add a WR, OL, development DL with pass rush ability and a QB (Brett Smith?).

Plus, remember a lot of contributors from last year came from other people's cuts. We have a lot of time to fill other needs that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

LiquidFriend posted:

This has been an odd Chiefs draft.

I figured they would of came in and filled some immediate needs, but it seems they are drafting to prepare for a salary purge. If I had to guess, I sense an in-the-box safety and a QB coming up in Day 3; other two picks address WR and Right Guard.

Andy Reid reportedly likes Aaron Murray, a lot.

It makes sense because being realistic, you're not looking at a Super Bowl run this year. One, the tougher schedule and two, look at the loving Broncos. These two picks alone will save us $16.5m alone in cap space if we cut Hali and Flowers next year (or trade them for dirt cheap). I think this last year gave us a bit of unreal expectations, but I think Dorsey is doing this the right way. Build depth, replace overpriced vets, sign cost effective free agents. Once we're past this lack of 2nd round picks from the overpriced Smith trade we'll have more ammo to play the draft board better I think.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Pron on VHS posted:

Pretty disappointed that the Chiefs didn't grab a single WR in this stacked class, unless you count De'Anthony Thomas who may get slot snaps or w/e

There are some intriguing options that looks to be UDFA at this point. I hope they bring in a bunch of those guys and see who sticks. Remember, Seattle's main contributors outside of Golden Tate were UDFAs so especially in a stacked class there are some good chances of good players as well.

• Locked thread