Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Mad props to ESPN and NFL Network for showing that video including the kiss and not even acting like it was a big deal.

(I assume ESPN did, I didn't see it, but no one here freaked out at their coverage so I imagine it was fine there too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Kalli posted:

They'll replay this a hell of a lot.

They have it on NFLN right now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

This is good video and was the most compelling thing to happen all weekend.

Bottles number 3

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

You know, I think this gets overstated. Most won't start or will only do spot-starting for a few years, but over half these guys will stick around for 4-6 years, bouncing around the league and destroying their bodies on special teams.

Odds are, based on his measurables, Michael Sam will never be that great of a player, but he's got a good chance to be in this league through 2018 even if he's never that great.

I don't count Special Teams meat as real football players :colbert:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I just saw a gay kiss on ESPN and it got kind of messy the second time

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
hahaha the smashing of the cake of the face

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Lol these cake kisses is taking the boundaries and just making GBS threads on them

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
More awkwardness for the old white dudes on stage, please!

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Muahahahaha, score another one for the insidious gay agenda.

Seriously though, nice moment and happy for him and his twink.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This draft ruled

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

He doesn't make sense in the NFL but that guy that played one snap in two years is a better fit.

Most teams pick guys in the seventh you think may have some untapped potential. Michael Sam is unlikely to get any better. He has physical issues that he is very unlikely to overcome. He is small and slow, and those are the two worst things you can be as a DE.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alright Houston, you know what you have to do.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Friend of mine from my days at Mizzou just tweeted: "Mike Sam once convinced our professor to lower the page limit on our paper by almost half. He was busy trying to win championships he said."

(Also the CBC posted that it was the LA Rams that took him, which may be a Freudian slip)

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait to read Facebook comments from all my old WASP friends.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't count Special Teams meat as real football players :colbert:

I started watching old games again recently, and holy poo poo focusing on the wedge buster dude back when you could have a 4 man wedge on kickoffs is insane.

I have no idea how anyone can do that multiple times and not die.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'll always remember where I was when I saw sports TV's first interracial gay post-draft kiss.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Rap posted:

*gbs flaps in on wings of poo poo* gently caress every other team in the rear end !!!!

i know why a caged bird shits.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Ehud posted:

Most teams pick guys in the seventh you think may have some untapped potential. Michael Sam is unlikely to get any better. He has physical issues that he is very unlikely to overcome. He is small and slow, and those are the two worst things you can be as a DE.

He overcame that to be really good in a tough conference, most guys who do that get the "plays with heart" and "scrappy" or "hard working" monikers and get picked anyway despite physical limitations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Pfft, look at those losers getting all wound up over the first openly gay player being drafted in the NFL. Such gibbis carebears. I expected The Football Funhouse to be more football intelligent than this. Unbelievable. Embarrassing. Where's my postin' krew to back me up on this issue?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ehud posted:

Michael Sam and Clay Matthews are nearly the same size - 6'2/6'3 and 260~ pounds.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Don't Draft a Texas

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
A skilled college player who lacks the skills to succeed in the NFL will be given endless attention and chances on various teams due to the rigorous support of a fanbase mostly disinterested in his actual football abilities

I present to you, the Progressive Tebow

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Don't Draft a Texas
Not a Texas!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NO TEXAS PLAYER

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Daggummit

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gay men drafted 1, Longhorns 0

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

No Texas players awwwwwwww yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gay kiss and no texas cool

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
First time since 1937 :smith:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
We made it everyone. We survived

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Michael Sam ran a 4.69 and 4.70 40 time at his pro day. Clay Matthews runs a 4.67 40.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

sportsgenius86 posted:

Best draft

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

sportsgenius86 posted:

And all was right with the world.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Zypher posted:

First time since 1937 :unsmith:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can safely guarantee, with 256 picks, that more than one gay man was drafted today.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I kinda think Jeffcoat would be a good body to have but its much funnier this way

Dr. Foom
Jul 5, 2007

I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Ribsauce posted:

Oh sweet, Michael Silver is working on another 2,000 word story how Mr. .500 Jeff Fisher is the greatest NFL coach in history

I wonder how he'll shoehorn Hue Jackson into it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Brannock posted:

Michael Sam ran a 4.69 and 4.70 40 time at his pro day. Clay Matthews runs a 4.67 40.

So Clay Matthews is gay?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Really happy for Sam, sucks Ladamien Washington and Henry Josey didn't get picked.

Hopefully Dorsey is on the phone with Washington and Lucas right now, it isn't like KC shored up the receiver position at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

ok so when do we expect UDFA stuff to start rolling in?

• Locked thread