Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.ustream.tv/ringofhonor - link to buy show

I'm sure many of you are wary due to having been burned by ROH's numerous iPPV screwups in the past. I honestly think this one should be different since it's being done by Ustream which has been almost always rock solid for NJPW and Dragon Gate and they claim to have upgraded the connections at the facilities.

Unlike the Hammerstein card one week away featuring crossover matches this one was half booked by each company. This isn't as huge of a card, but the ROH World and IWGP Jr Tag title matches should be very, very, good and if you've let the language barrier stop you from enjoying the work of three of the finest wrestlers in the world today you no longer have that excuse.

quote:

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING**
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

The Bullet Club (IWGP Heavywieght Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson) vs IWGP Heavyweight Champion:( Kazuchika Okada & Gedo

Takaaki Watanabe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (IWGP Heavyweight Title Contender)

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - 3-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (c)

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY RING OF HONOR WRESTLING**

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole defends against “Mr Wrestling” Kevin Steen

ROH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven vs. “Last Real Man” Silas Young

Cedric Alexander vs. Roderick Strong

Three-way tag team match: The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) vs. reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) vs. The Decade (B.J. Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs) with TaDarius Thomas

ACH vs. Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis

Preshow: TaDarius Thomas vs. TBA

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh, sorry for the thread tag fuckup, if a mod could change that it would be appreciated.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hot drat this is tonight.

WHILE WE'RE AT IT

Who is going to the show in Hammerstein next week? Please respond and let me know, thank you.

HulkaMatt - Lower Balcony
MassRafTer - Upper Balcony
John Cena - Lower Balcony
The Goog - Lower Balcony
Thauros - Lower Balcony
Weekly Font - Upper Balcony
AkumaHokoru - Lower Balcony
ExplodeYourself - Lower Balcony
Zarikov - Lower Balcony

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 11, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

Hot drat this is tonight.

WHILE WE'RE AT IT

Who is going to the show in Hammerstein next week? Please respond and let me know, thank you.

I'll be there and will be in the city by Sat .morning, have lower balcony tickets.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I spent a whole 12 seconds on this image before I was beaten to the thread so by god I'm gonna use it!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Upper Balcony for me.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

If I buy the stream, can I watch the show after its over? There's a storm brewing here in Boston and the block I live on is very finicky when it comes to storms, meaning there's a chance I lose power during the show and it'd be a lot more comforting knowing I can watch what I miss tomorrow morning.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

TUS posted:

If I buy the stream, can I watch the show after its over? There's a storm brewing here in Boston and the block I live on is very finicky when it comes to storms, meaning there's a chance I lose power during the show and it'd be a lot more comforting knowing I can watch what I miss tomorrow morning.

I believe so since it's Ustream

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is bell time 730 or is there a pre show?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything since nothing's officially listed on the site, but every Ustream show for NJPW or DG has allowed replays for at least one week and lately closer to three.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Zarikov and I will be in lower balcony and are totally down to grab some korean BBQ if the Wrestling With Marks-ism podcast hasn't turn off everyone from being around us IRL!

Just hooked up my laptop to my TV. It is pretty annoying that I can't watch ustream on my PS3. Aren't they owned by Sony?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Storm blew up my cable so I gotta wait till the morning before I have internet back.

For once I can't watch ROH and it's not their fault!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
full card btw

ROH World Championship match: Adam Cole (c) vs. Kevin Steen
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Jushin Liger vs. Chaos (Jado and Shinsuke Nakamura)
Bullet Club (A.J. Styles and Karl Anderson) vs. Chaos (Gedo and Kazuchika Okada)
Michael Elgin vs. Takaaki Watanabe
Three-way tag team match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley and Kushida)
Four corner survival match for the ROH World Television Championship: Jay Lethal (c) with Truth Martini vs. Matt Taven vs. Silas Young vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Three-way tag team match: The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) vs. reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) vs. The Decade (B.J. Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs) with TaDarius Thomas

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thanks, will update OP, didn't see that anywhere.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there an effective way to get this on my Samsung smart TV that doesn't involve hooking my computer up to the TV. I have a chromecast, ps4, and a xbox 360

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Well, I'm watching the free stream and already lagging. For fucks sake, ROH.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

KungFu Grip posted:

full card btw

ROH World Championship match: Adam Cole (c) vs. Kevin Steen
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Jushin Liger vs. Chaos (Jado and Shinsuke Nakamura)
Bullet Club (A.J. Styles and Karl Anderson) vs. Chaos (Gedo and Kazuchika Okada)
Michael Elgin vs. Takaaki Watanabe
Three-way tag team match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov and Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley and Kushida)
Four corner survival match for the ROH World Television Championship: Jay Lethal (c) with Truth Martini vs. Matt Taven vs. Silas Young vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Ced vs. Roddy was a real good match at Supercard of Honor so I'm pretty excited for it on a bigger stage.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Jeez I haven't watched ROH since Davey won the title.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Is this going to start right at 7:30 or will there be some kind of intro/preshow/etc?

edit: Is it normal to get an interstitial ad while posting? I just got one and that sure is new to me.

Dunbar fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 11, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
:siren: Steve Corino has a live mic and may not know it. :siren:

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

He didn't say anything silly and it got cut :smith:

edit - came back up with him saying "thumb in the bum" $15 = justified

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Shows on, feed seems fine to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
gently caress, on one tab I have Nik Lentz kneeing people in the nuts in the other I have these Global Wars, which do I watch?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

When did Corino turn into a next door neighbor? :stare:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm glad Corino's on the booth, I'm sure he'd love to call a real Rainmaker after calling other people's short arm lariats without the setup by the same up

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Audio mix is awful, but the video is okay so far. Here's hoping it holds up!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Iron Mike not being worthy of Tanahashi is now a storyline.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Those shorts are much too short.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Poor maria

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Ah, the ROH tradition of faces abusing women.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Corino is on fire so far.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Corino is on fire so far.

Corino's been fantastic ever since SCUM ended.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Ah, the ROH tradition of faces abusing women.

In what world is Bennett a face?

Pretty good opener.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's going to be really loving surreal seeing Maria and possibly Matt Hardy interfere with Tanahashi.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

He looks different than I remember him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wish I could play as Elgin in a videogame and just spam the Elgin pose over and over.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

God Elgin's bald spot mullet is captivating

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Corino rules, it's been forever for me

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

In what world is Bennett a face?

Pretty good opener.

I was referring to ACH, who was about to hit her until Bennett heroically came to her aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I was referring to ACH, who was about to hit her until Bennett heroically came to her aid.

I don't think he was trying to hit her, he was just waving his hand at her like "Don't you do that again missy!" Usually if a wrestler is teasing they are going to hit a manager they grab them and wind up.

• Locked thread