Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Huh. Didn't think that would be the finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
uh okay

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

that attempted finisher of Cole's or whatever that was off the top looked really goofy like some brisk tumbling practice

His big finisher is incredibly stupid. He jumps off the middle rope and does a Canadian Destroyer.

Wow weak finish.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

On a loving super kick?

do you see what indie wrestling has done to us

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Weak finish

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

This event had many superkicks, but that was the best one as it actually ended a match.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Well, that was a very satisfactory use of $15 and three hours. Looking forward to next week.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how did the small guy survive having his brain cracked across a turnbuckle but the big guy got pinned by one of like 15 superkicks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WAY TO GO YOUNG BUCKS

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
What a wet fart.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

epitasis posted:

how did the small guy survive having his brain cracked across a turnbuckle but the big guy got pinned by one of like 15 superkicks

well you said it right there, there were 15 of them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't have a problem with a heel stealing one in a deflating way. It's kind of funny that a superkick is basically a small package now, or something. Thought it was a tremendous match and the BRAINBUSTAHHH floored me.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Good show, shame it went out on a whimper

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

WAY TO GO YOUNG BUCKS

I will say that superkick looked nasty.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They worked a good portion of the match around the different superkicks so I'm kind of surprised people were shocked that was the finish.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I guess it may have been better to do two superkicks to the knee, but when you have a spot where a dude blocks to the head and gets kicked to the knee along with all the other superkicks the basic psychology of the match hints the superkick is gonna be part of the finish. Come on folks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They worked a good portion of the match around the different superkicks so I'm kind of surprised people were shocked that was the finish.

as a person that hasn't been educated to the potency of the superkick in this promotion, seeing it get used about as frequently as a palm strike and then finish a match after a spot that should end any match is pretty jarring especially when indie superkicks are already a meme

but whatever seeing the NJPW get warmly welcomed by gaijin fans was cool gonna go back and watch that tag match now :D

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Those superkicks were to set up the Panama Sunrise and the Florida Key, though. I don't have as big a problem with it as others but I've never once seen Adam Cole finish a match with a superkick is all

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

those superkicks were to set up the Panama Sunrise and the Florida Key, though

I was surprised we didn't see a Florida Key at the end but when there's that much set up I don't have a problem with it being a finish.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Superkicks are super devalued on the indie scene and I know I've personally seen Steen take like 20 from two dudes and still get up. Also doesn't really help that that Cole hit his one finisher, had his big one reversed, Steen hit a super dangerous finisher that was always protected pretty well, that then leads to just a superkick.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the panama sunrise is a really silly move

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Superkicks are super devalued on the indie scene and I know I've personally seen Steen take like 20 from two dudes and still get up. Also doesn't really help that that Cole hit his one finisher, had his big one reversed, Steen hit a super dangerous finisher that was always protected pretty well, that then leads to just a superkick.

If he took one superkick, sure it'd be dumb but he took a bunch plus a Florida key plus all the work to his knee and was so hosed up he could barely apply a sharpshooter. It seemed like a dude who could only take so much after his super big comeback.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

They all just went all out with all of those moves, it would make sense that the damage would have been built up and a well placed superkick would lead to the finish.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

How was the feed quality/sound production/etc on the ppv?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I thought it looked and sounded a little worse than the New Japan shows on Ustream but it wasn't bad at all and perfectly watchable.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think the replay is on right now. Feed seemed fine from what I saw.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

John Cena posted:

How was the feed quality/sound production/etc on the ppv?

quality and sound were fine but the show direction was atrocious because cameras would cut away from big moves all the time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
For some reason my internet connection was horrible all night so I got a ton of buffering for a traditional ROH experience.

It was all on my end though, everything else wasn't working well.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I felt like the sound mix was bad, but that's normal with ROH.

Video was smooth if low def all night and I didn't get the frequent hiccups I always have with NJPW.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
I can still buy the Superkick as a finisher if timed correctly. If it is quick and you basically fall into the pin, it still works. Also, the feed was solid. I had to refresh the window maybe three times but I think my internet was being screwy. Good show when you think of it as a 'Road To New York' show. It felt like it did a great job setting the stage for next week. I'm so hyped.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I really can't complain about the stream tonight. Minor glitches early, but good for the rest of the night.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

oatgan posted:

do you see what indie wrestling has done to us

If there's one thing indie wrestling has taught me it's that super kicks don't mean shir

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The New York show is gonna be so cool

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't want anyone to think I'm saying "YOU MUST SEE THE GENIUS OF THIS FINISH" either. It was one of those things that made me go "Huh, that was out of nowhere" at first until I thought about it and thought it made a ton of sense. I like finishes like that from time to time.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 11, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My stream was pretty drat awesome

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That was the first show I've been to where people threw trash in the ring at the main event finish

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

u gonna probate him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Glad to see that a replay is indeed available, want to see the rest of this. Intrigued at the apparent clusterfuck of a finish especially by ROH standards.

• Locked thread