Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

MrXmas posted:

Garrett Gilbert got drafted. Does that count as a Longhorn???

Doesn't even count as a QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Okay folks, call me homophobic if you want to. But The Bible CLEARLY says that homosexuality is an abomination unto God. The very fact that He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah should be more than enough to show how much God is disgusted. So why are we celebrating someone is chooses this kind of sinful lifestyle?? America is headed for God's judgement.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

Okay folks, call me homophobic if you want to. But The Bible CLEARLY says that homosexuality is an abomination unto God. The very fact that He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah should be more than enough to show how much God is disgusted. So why are we celebrating someone is chooses this kind of sinful lifestyle?? America is headed for God's judgement.
Almost there but you forgot to throw in a "I'm not hateful, I have several friends who are gays"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Woah guys I didn't think about it like this, maybe we should hold off on all the cheering this guy has a point

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Personally I can't wait for Judgement Day

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Goodell wants to expand Judgement day to three days and put it over Memorial Day Weekend for sweeps.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Kalli posted:

Goodell wants to expand Judgement day to three days and put it over Memorial Day Weekend for sweeps.

Lmao.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Kalli posted:

Man, judgement day used to be awesome when it was just one long day of nonstop apocalypse. But now, you just get the handful of people everyone already knew was the most pious getting raptured on day 1, and it's a long anticlimactic slog through the rest of the weekend until only the damned remain

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Troy Queef posted:

I'll have you know that Earth City isn't as much of "a town" as it is a large collection of warehouses, business parks, and gas stations off Highway 70.

The city of St Louis is literally surrounded by white -flight commuter suburbs, so unless the Rams HQ was in the shadow of the arch you've described all of their options.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Man, judgement day used to be awesome when it was just one long day of nonstop apocalypse. But now, you just get the handful of people everyone already knew was the most pious getting raptured on day 1, and it's a long anticlimactic slog through the rest of the weekend until only the damned remain

Man, judgement day used to be awesome when it was just one long day of nuclear apocalypse. But now, you just get the enemies of skynet nuked by the russian's counterattack day 1, and it's a long anticlimactic slog through the rest of the weekend until only the damned remain.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

The comments section on the Michael Sam article is like staring into the face of madness.

A shocking development

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I don't know much about the Lions' picks, but Caraun Reid will be great and we have a kicker. The best three days of the Lions' season were pretty good.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I tried to figure out who the Texans drafted and googled NFL Draft, every article was on Sam.

I feel terrible but I dont' really care. It's awesome but he also is not very good.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'm surprised at the Steelers taking no OLBs at all, only one secondary player.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gerund posted:

The city of St Louis is literally surrounded by white -flight commuter suburbs, so unless the Rams HQ was in the shadow of the arch you've described all of their options.

It's a lot more warehouses than usual if I'm thinking of the right place.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Zerilan posted:

I'm surprised at the Steelers taking no OLBs at all, only one secondary player.

Their #1 pick was an OLB...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, we picked the guy with the poo poo tattoo.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
long-lost TFF poster Slime Dad weighs in on Twitter:

@woodmuffin posted:

*Michael Sam rhyming to himself* well my name's Michael SAM I was picked by the RAMS/ I know how to PLAY and I'm openly GAY

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

swickles posted:

Their #1 pick was an OLB...

Pretty sure he's going to play ILB in the Steelers' 3-4.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Zerilan posted:

Pretty sure he's going to play ILB in the Steelers' 3-4.

He is fast, a pass-rusher, and can cover a lot of ground. I don't know why he translates to ILB over OLB...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It seems to me that there's no chance Sam makes that roster.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

swickles posted:

He is fast, a pass-rusher, and can cover a lot of ground. I don't know why he translates to ILB over OLB...

He's going to be playing the buck spot. Assuming he starts this year at least. They drafted him to be a ILB and for sub packages.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kolter signed as a UDFA with the Vikings :argh:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

A Pale Horse posted:

Ideally I'd like to see Tony suck about 20 years of life out of Berman and the rest of the NFL studio crew like some sort of curmudgeonly Jewish litch and continue on with Bomani, but I realize that's not likely to happen so your idea will have to do.

Mods change my name to Curmudgeonly Jewish Lich thanks.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

He's going to be playing the buck spot. Assuming he starts this year at least. They drafted him to be a ILB and for sub packages.

I could definitely see him being their best pass rusher regardless of where he lines up at. Second best under Heyward maybe.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

The comments section on the Michael Sam article is like staring into the face of madness.

I really hope this story unveils at least one Unicorn of bigots (the person who is fine with Sam being gay but is furious his boyfriend is white). But even so, there is no way I'm reading that comments section.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Not a phobe. I just think maybe these alternative lifestyles are better in the closet. All you TOLERANT freaks would like to watch some dude hump a Great Dane in public because your tolerant to beastiality?? Screw tolerance. I don't like people trying to force me to accept things I don't like. I have gay friends, but would knock one out if they tongued in front of me. By the way!! I strongly approve of gay and bi women. Lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You should probably source your quotes so you don't accidentally end up like a certain DeMarco Faggins poster yesterday!

Also, they should probably go in here going forward: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3416495

And thinking of, Limbaugh wanted to buy a piece of the Rams awhile back, he'll probably inspire some magic on Monday.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kalli posted:

And thinking of, Limbaugh wanted to buy a piece of the Rams awhile back, he'll probably inspire some magic on Monday.
ahahaha I totally forgot about all of that.

Rush Limbaugh is gonna have a meltdown and probably pause to pop more Oxycontin.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Darqueze Dennard will wear #21
Jeremy Hill will wear #32
Will Clarke will wear #93, New Bengals strategy after being too cheap to retain players is to give rookies that # and hope people don't notice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

He'll certainly never start barring injury but I guess I really don't know how the Rams are doing for backups. I mean my first impression was the same as yours but one of those idiots talking about him on ESPN as landing in the perfect place might have thought it for some reason other than worshipping Jeff Fisher and St Louis being in Missouri.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

I agree completely but the Rams need anything to draw media attention so bad :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

He'll certainly never start barring injury but I guess I really don't know how the Rams are doing for backups. I mean my first impression was the same as yours but one of those idiots talking about him on ESPN as landing in the perfect place might have thought it for some reason other than worshipping Jeff Fisher and St Louis being in Missouri.

Langford and Hayes are both good backups, it's going to be really hard to crack that roster. It's cool that he gets to stay in Missouri and that he got drafted, but from a pure football perspective that's one of the worst teams he could have wound up on. He'd have been better off as a UDFA where he could try to a find a 3-4 team that was light on pass rushers.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Darqueze Dennard will wear #21
Jeremy Hill will wear #32
Will Clarke will wear #93, New Bengals strategy after being too cheap to retain players is to give rookies that # and hope people don't notice.

Will Clarke is basically Michael Johnson 2.0 as a prospect anyway so it makes sense

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Langford and Hayes are both good backups, it's going to be really hard to crack that roster. It's cool that he gets to stay in Missouri and that he got drafted, but from a pure football perspective that's one of the worst teams he could have wound up on. He'd have been better off as a UDFA where he could try to a find a 3-4 team that was light on pass rushers.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Oh well, hopefully he can make a few nice plays in preseason and get a look somewhere else if he can't find a spot there.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gone Baptizin posted:

I agree completely but the Rams need anything to draw media attention so bad :(

Time for Hard Knocks

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Azhais posted:

Time for Hard Knocks

Ah gently caress the Browns are ineligible

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The loving vikings signed Wootton and Colter and I hate them.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Azhais posted:

Time for Hard Knocks

Im sure they would be thrilled to work a film crew next to a river in a flood plain in the middle of a st.louis summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kalli posted:

Charlie Casserly talking about the various gay players on his teams that the lockerrooom knew about and didn't give a poo poo about.

But the media plague, that's why teams hate the gay.
It's the media itself generating the controversy for ratings. Sam was already out years ago but it wasn't covered then because tolerance isn't a juicy story. I hope Sam has an average uneventful year to bore the media away from the gay controversy.

• Locked thread