Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Well it's over and now its 3 long months until training camp. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

For day 3 stuff I really didn't like either of the Bucs 2 offensive line selections. Kadeem Edwards is the best guard in Div II but that's not saying much while I have no idea what a Kevin Pamphile is. Both are apparently speedy which matches Tedford's zone blocking philosophy so I guess we'll have to wait and see if these were wasted picks.

Robert Herron is another matter. I like him very much, especially in the 6th. Guy is super fast and has great hands. He's definitely going to be slotted in at slot receiver. There's some concern about durability due to his size (he's 5'9" 170) but he could be the "speed in space" that Tedford has been lusting after.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Oh boy, I sure do want to hear what Charlie Casserly and Greg Schiano think about gays and Michael Sam.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Is Bomani Jones having a meltdown or something? His tweets make no sense.

He's replying to various people without bothering to say who he's replying to sometimes.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bomani Jones kind of loving rules.

I have a dream that one day a just and angry god will strike Mike Wilbon mute and Bomani will replace him on PTI because the couple of times he's been on have ruled.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

swickles posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan and Bomani replace Tony and Mike when they retire.

Ideally I'd like to see Tony suck about 20 years of life out of Berman and the rest of the NFL studio crew like some sort of curmudgeonly Jewish litch and continue on with Bomani, but I realize that's not likely to happen so your idea will have to do.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Kalli posted:

Goodell wants to expand Judgement day to three days and put it over Memorial Day Weekend for sweeps.

Lmao.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

NFLN won't shut up about it or stop showing the kiss (or the parts leading up to it anyway) and frankly I'm already experiencing Michael Sam fatigue. It was great and I'm happy it happened but shut the gently caress up about it for 5 minutes would you NFLN, at least as long as you don't have any new material.

My favorite part was NFLN asking Jeff Fisher if he was worried about a media circus while rolling out the rings and setting up the tents themselves.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

No, my Superbowl winning quarterback is also named Bortles.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I sincerely hope Bort is good for the Jags, that's a team that deserves some success almost as much as the Browns. Plus his name is endlessly amusing.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That Bortles highlight video really makes me sad the Ravens didn't draft Storm Johnson.

Or that whole receiving corp. Circus catches aren't the best highlight of your QBs ability.

I don't think Bort is an immediate starter, I remember someone in the draft coverage yesterday saying they planned to sit him for a year to help him catch up to the pro game. He was drafted for his measurables mostly as he's the prototype for what you look for in a QB physically.

Also any Huskies fans can give me the lowdown on Seferian-Jenkins? I heard he has some character issue flags in his past, what's the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

I don't have any insider information from within the team itself, but ASJ was arrested for a DUI incident over last summer and was suspended for the opener last season. That may have been one of the reasons why he didn't put up numbers as great as the previous year, as I think he was suspended from practice as well so it took him a decent amount of time to adjust coming back. I don't think it'll be a kind of Aldon Smith problem, if that's what you're concerned about.

Okay cool, if its just the one incident then that's not bad, I'd be more worried if there was a pattern of character issues. DUI is not great obviously, but its pretty low on the rotten things football players do hierarchy. If he pans out I'll be so excited. Watching some of his highlight tape from draftbreakdown.com yesterday I was particularly impressed with his blocking. Dude can seal the edge or open holes, also a really good downfield and second level blocker. I was impressed.

• Locked thread